- NBA 2K24 MyTeam includes a variety of improvements and new content that implement the player suggestions. There is a new salary cap mode, a changed progression system, and more.
- The new Season Pass system comes with two tiers — paid and free — and you can gain rewards for each six-week season in the year.
- The auction system has been replaced with a new player market that is more fair and solves the exploitative nature of the previous feature.
- NBA 2K24 will launch on September 8, 2023, for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
NBA 2K24 is just around the corner, and after much anticipation, the devs have finally revealed more details about the game’s core mode. MyTeam will seemingly feature a variety of improvements to its gameplay and economy, making it quite an enjoyable experience that solves the problems faced in the last few entries. There are a bundle of new features to be relished, like the salary cap mode, changed progression system, and more.
MyTEAM is back with foundational changes throughout the mode 🔥
🔹New Player Market
🔹New Salary Cap mode
🔹XP overhaul plus 2XP Coins & Events
🔹Triple Threat Online: Co-Op – Look for Group
And so much more
Read the Courtside… pic.twitter.com/i6rKyj6LwD
— NBA 2K MyTEAM (@NBA2KMyTEAM) August 29, 2023
The MyTeam mode is filled with more rewards, cards, packs, and modes that make it much better than the past releases. The salary cap mode will allow players to build off and manage a team of former and current NBA superstars on a budget. There is also a new Season Pass system with two tiers — paid and free — that will make it fair for both types of gamers. You can gain rewards for each six-week season in the year.
NBA 2K24 also has a revamped progression system that will reward players with MTP points just for playing the title, which is quite a major change. In other words, the amount of MTP points that can be earned has basically been doubled, as explained by the devs.
Other Interesting Reads:
- Ed Boon Is Interested In Making A Marvel Vs. DC Fighting Game.
- Over 250 Devs Are Working On The Next Mainline Witcher Game, Reveals CD Projekt Red.
- Cyberpunk 2077 Devs Explain Why The Game Will Only Get A Single DLC.
Additionally, the MyTeam mode in NBA 2K24 will feel more attuned to the player suggestions, as the devs have completely removed the renowned auction system from the game. The feature had made it to a lot of installments in the past decade, but it has been ditched because of players that exploited the system.
In previous years, the best Player Cards in the game were only directly available through the Auction House at MTP prices that could feel unobtainable; with great budget finds coming at the detriment of the players who listed Player Cards at that price.”
The auction system has been replaced with a new player market that will make the users deal directly with the devs’ fixed prices. The purpose of the player market is to make Player Cards accessible and straightforward for us to improve our roster or to fill in gaps in your collections.
Crossplay has also been added in NBA 2K24 MyTeam mode for the first time in the franchise, which will shorten the queues and matchmaking times to a huge extent. Current-gen players on the consoles will be able to play together, and the multiplayer salary cap mode combines the best of all from the previous versions.
NBA 2K24 is slated to release globally on September 8, 2023. It is targeting PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍