- During an interview, Ed Boon was asked if he, along with his team at NetherRealm, would like to develop a Marvel vs. DC fighting game.
- Boon expressed his interest in developing a Marvel vs. DC fighting game, citing the opportunity to settle long-standing debates about hypothetical battles between characters.
- Boon acknowledged the logistical challenges of such a game but expressed his enthusiasm for the idea, particularly the prospect of seeing Spider-Man and Batman face off.
Ed Boon, the creative director at NetherRealm Studios, has expressed his desire to create a Marvel vs. DC fighting game, the thought of which has garnered significant fan interest in the past as well as the present. In an exclusive interview with Comic Book, Boon was asked whether the director and those at NetherRealm would be interested in developing a Marvel vs. DC game.
In response, Boon expressed his enthusiasm for the opportunity, stating that he would absolutely jump at the chance to develop a Marvel vs. DC fighting game. He mentioned that such a game would be great because it would allow him and other fans to settle long-standing debates about which character would win in a theoretical battle.
Moreover, he mentioned that as kids, they would have silly conversations about who would win in a fight, like Mighty Mouse vs. Superman. He specifically mentioned that Spider-Man and Batman facing off would be the coolest thing ever. However, the biggest challenge would be getting Marvel and DC to agree to collaborate.
I mean, we did a number of games with DC characters. When you’re kids and you’re like, ‘Who would win in a fight, Mighty Mouse or Superman?’ Just these dumb different universe things. There’s part of us that still [has those] immature conversations,” Boon said. “To me, Spider-Man and Batman would be the coolest thing in the world. So of course we’d love to do that. But it’s probably very difficult to jump that hurdle.”
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Is Coming To Xbox This Year, Larian CEO Confirms
- Rumor: Elden Ring Future Press Guide Volume 2 Seemingly Hints At More Games
- Mortal Kombat 1 PC Requirements Are Out Now On Steam
Crossovers have happened in the comics before and Marvel Games has worked with a variety of video game studios in recent years which has led to the creation of titles like Marvel’s Spider-Man, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, and Marvel vs. Capcom series.
While it seems the collaboration between Marvel and DC would be the biggest hurdle, Boon’s passion and determination could potentially make this dream collaboration a reality.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍