- Dragon’s Dogma 2 is an exceptionally anticipated JRPG due for release later in the year.
- The game just received a new trailer on its official YouTube channel, focusing on multiple aspects.
- For starters, the footage highlights the title’s narrative focus and slightly briefs the character creator.
Dragon’s Dogma 2 is another one of those tip-top JRPGs that consolidate the “2024 is the year of the RPGs” statement. It’s the long-awaited sequel to the first Dragon’s Dogma that came out in 2012, so the hype behind it is certainly understandable. If you need a refresher on the upcoming action adventure’s story and premise, a new trailer by the devs will get you right back up to speed.
First off, there’s the premise that you, as the Arisen, which is the same protagonist as the first Dragon’s Dogma, have to kill off the dragon that plagues your world and runs it with fear. To do that, you’ll need to find your footing first with the in-game environment, and that means creating your character. The trailer in question offered a glimpse into Dragon’s Dogma 2’s character creator, confirming that players will be able to choose between two different races when starting the game.
Furthermore, it seems that “AI companions” are going to accompany our hero character on their journey as they go about, making it possible for the player to create a part of pawns and run it until the very end. Now, what’s more interesting is that Dragon’s Dogma 2 will feature choice-based gameplay, just like many other RPGs of today, where each of your actions will bear consequences, as per the info from the trailer.
Related Content to Check Out:
- “Fast Travel Is For Bland Games” Is A Bold Claim, Can Dragon’s Dogma 2 Back It Up?
- Dragon’s Dogma 2: “I Wanted To Make The Sequel Right After Launch,” Says Director
- Dragon’s Dogma 2 Devs Thought Of The Best Ideas When Sleep Deprived
In other news, it has been rumored that Capcom’s upcoming RPG runs at a 30 FPS frame rate on consoles. This, of course, cannot be authenticated at the moment, because the title isn’t out yet, but is still worth taking into account for when the game does drop. The exact details of the scenario remain to be in the air right now.
Dragon’s Dogma 2 has a set release date of March 22, 2024, for the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. It’s the sequel to Dragon’s Dogma, which came out more than a decade ago. That said, the game’s director wanted to make the sequel right after the launch of the first Dragon’s Dogma, but the time wasn’t right to do so at the time.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍