- Microsoft officially acquired Activision Blizzard for nearly $69 billion with the company now joining Xbox’s first-party lineup.
- Bobby Kotick, CEO of Activision Blizzard, will remain in his position until the end of 2023, as stated in an email to Activision employees.
- Bobby Kotick’s three-decade tenure at Activision Blizzard has been marked by controversy and allegations of exploitation and negligence.
After a series of challenges, Microsoft successfully acquired Activision Blizzard for nearly $69 billion thus adding the publisher to the Xbox first-party lineup. Therefore, multiple changes for the company are on the way including the fate of Bobby Kotick, CEO of Activision Blizzard. In an email to Activision employees, Bobby Kotick stated that he will remain as CEO till the end of 2023 upon the request from Phil Spencer.
I have long said that I am fully committed to helping with the transition. Phil has asked me to stay on as CEO of ABK, reporting to him, and we have agreed that I will do that through the end of 2023. We both look forward to working together on a smooth integration for our teams and players.”
For those unaware, Bobby Kotick’s three-decade reign at Activision Blizzard was deemed controversial and has been marred by allegations of exploitation and negligence towards systemic issues, including the mistreatment of female employees. There were also reports where Kotick sent threatening voicemails and the alleged firing of a flight attendant who reported harassment.
- Phil Spencer Refutes Future Possibility Of Titles Exclusive To Game Pass
- Bobby Kotick Strongly Hints At A Revival Of The Iconic Guitar Hero Franchise
- Phil Spencer: “Getting Nintendo Would Be A Career Moment For Me”
In the coming year, we will witness the transformation of Activision as it embarks on a new era without the presence of Bobby Kotick. This shift will undoubtedly bring about significant changes and potentially pave the way for a fresh direction for the company.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍