- Recent data reveals that Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart sold nearly four million units in its lifetime.
- The information provides sales numbers of PlayStation’s other first-party exclusives as well.
- Details surrounding the financial status of Rift Apart have been hazy following the ransomware attack.
Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart has sold almost four million units since its launch in 2021. Following the ransomware attack, Insomniac Games fell victim to a gigantic data breach. According to the information from recent events, the PS5 exclusive moved 2,711,493 copies in its first year and 1,268,068 in the second. This brought its total to 3,979,561.
Interestingly enough, the image outlines metrics unique to Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart from the sales numbers, launch date, and even the Metacritic score. However, the title includes a “PS4” tag despite the game being a current-gen exclusive that only recently received a PC release. Users believe this to be a mistake, going on to praise the nearly 4 million mark considering the title initially launched on a single platform with supply issues due to COVID.
Sales values for other PlayStation first-party exclusives are also mentioned in the image, going as far back as Horizon Zero Dawn in 2017. Based on this data, it sold a little over 11 million units with Gran Turismo Sport, God of War (2018), Marvel’s Spider-Man, and Days Gone moving nearly 12 million, 16 million, 19 million, and 7 million copies respectively.
Related Content To Read Up On:
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Made $64 Million In Profit
- Insomniac Was Once Developing Sunset Overdrive 2; Was Canceled In Favor Of Spider-Man
- Insomniac Games Hacker Leaks Future Projects And Footage; Full Timeline Revealed
Information surrounding Rift Apart & Insomniac has been rather hazy in the aftermath of the ransomware attack. While it was reported that the title may have turned out to be a commercial failure despite achieving critical success, said reports revealed that details weren’t quite clear. It was stated that multiple documents alluding to different figures make the info highly inaccurate.
Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart launched exclusively for the PlayStation 5 on June 11, 2021. Its PC port arrived earlier this year with eXputer awarding it a score of 4.5 out of 5 citing its seamless transitions, technical advancements, beautiful visuals, and great optimization.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍