- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 is Insomniac Games’ latest installment in the Spider-Man video game franchise.
- The developers have announced that the game is finally getting its NG+ mode in a new update.
- Insomniac plans on pushing out this new patch on March 7 for players across the board.
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 has been an utterly outstanding action-adventure that offered players the privilege of coming out last year, but there’s one aspect of the game where it has been particularly lacking—and that is an incentive to start it afresh that is otherwise motivated by a campaign-driven title’s New Game+ mode.
Our title update for Marvel’s #SpiderMan2PS5 arrives next month and adds highly requested features like New Game+, new suits, and more!” says Insomniac in a new post on X.
Well, finally, Insomniac has confirmed that Spider-Man 2 is about to get all that and then some in a new update on March 7. Expect additional wearable suits for both Peter and Miles to swing their way to NYC soon, along with more features that Insomniac is currently radio silent on. It bears mentioning that the New Game+ mode has been long-demanded, and has been continuously asked for by fans ever since the title’s launch.
Coincidentally, I reported only two days ago from the time of writing this that Insomniac still has its eyes on pushing that NG+ update out in due time, replying to a user on their comment section in a thread, and reassuring that work on that particular feature continues. I’m glad though that a proper release date has finally arrived for New Game+ because fans were getting pretty riled up about it.
Related Content to Read Up On:
- Unofficial Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 PC Port Allegedly Released; Requires 256 GB Storage
- Sony Allegedly Pressured Insomniac To Make Budget Cuts Despite Spider-Man 2’s Success
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2: Reducing Venom’s Weaknesses Was A Creative Decision
Spider-Man 2 came out on October 20, 2023, for the PlayStation 5 exclusively. The game, held in high regard across the globe, earned a 4/5 rating in eXputer’s review, with writer Usama Mehmood calling it “a cut above its predecessor, with significantly improved gameplay and a narrative that tugs at your heartstrings.”
If you’re a new player who’s just trying to get to grips with the game, here are all the Marko’s Memory Crystals in Spider-Man 2, followed by this guide on the best swinging settings in the game. Lastly, here is eXputer’s analysis of the recent Insomniac Games ransomware scenario and Sony’s part in all that.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍