- The Crew Motorfest has kicked off with great momentum following its release, gathering positive acclaim from critics and players alike from all corners of the world.
- Ubisoft announced in an official blog post that out of all the games released in The Crew franchise, Motorfest has surpassed its predecessors in terms of overall unit sold and season pass adoption rate.
- The open-world racing simulator is out now for a multitude of systems, including current-gen, and last-gen consoles, and PC.
In a new official press release by the French industry giant, Ubisoft has made it official that The Crew Motorfest is the star of The Crew franchise, selling the most units on launch and attracting the highest number of players toward the racing simulator’s season pass, otherwise called the Year 1 Pass. It’s also been reiterated that The Crew series has accumulated over 40 million players since its inception in 2014.
Addressing the community in the blog post, the Managing Director at Ubisoft Ivory Tower Ahmed Boukhelifa says,
We are thrilled by the enthusiastic response which has broken all franchise records, and we want to thank our community for their incredible support. Launch is only the beginning: we have planned regular updates with new themes and experiences, and very strong post-launch support with a mix of free and paid content, for a long time to come.”
By the looks of that quote, we also seem to have official confirmation that The Crew Motorfest will have hybrid content coming out for it over the course of its release, featuring both free and paid content “for a long time to come.” Speaking of content, though, the racer’s first season pass was released alongside it, and with it, multiple goodies for players to get into.
There are three different editions of The Crew Motorfest that have come out for the next-gen racer—Standard Edition, which just includes the base game, Gold Edition, comprising the aforementioned Year 1 Pass, and finally, the Ultimate Edition, which contains all of the contents of the Gold Edition and throws in the Ultimate Pack as well. For those who do not know, the Ultimate Pack contains the following:
- Honda Civic Type R Fitted Edition
- Two Avatar Outfit Packs
- Four customization vanities
- Porsche 718 Spyder Fitted Edition
The pricing of this particular variant of the game is relatively steep and will set players back about $119.99 a pop. However, there is a way to play The Crew Motorfest for free, but it’s not in the way you think it is. With a subscription to Ubisoft+, the company’s front-running subscription service with a growing catalog of over 100 different games. Motorfest has been available to play since the day it was released.
Other Interesting Content to Read Up On:
- Ubisoft’s New Co-Op Sale Takes Up To 70% Off On Select Games
- Ubisoft Aimed To Break “Tradition” With The Now Cancelled Open-World Adventure Immortals 2
- Ubisoft Has A Mystery Release Between January And March, According To Earnings Call
The only catch here is that the base membership of Ubisoft+ includes games like Motorfest, Assassin’s Creed Valhlla, the upcoming Assassin’s Creed Mirage, and a myriad of others for PC costs $14.99 a month, which is worth taking into account. If you think it’s doable for you, sign up for the service and get to racing in brand-new next-gen visuals with top-of-the-line performance right away.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍