- 2023 features a total of 25 video games with a rating of 90+ on Metacritic.
- These video games have scored 90+ on at least one platform.
- Previously, 2011 featured 23 games that scored over 90 on Metacritic.
According to statistics revealed by Axios, 2023 has featured 25 games that were able to pile up a review score of over 90 on at least one platform on Metacritic. Previously, the best year for video games, according to their review score, was 2011, where at least 23 games managed to score 90 at Metacritic on at least one platform.
Many excellent video games launched this year, not just on PC but console exclusives as well. The Legend Of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, Baldur’s Gate 3, and Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 were part of the highlights of 2023. On average, we only got to see 10 to 15 games each year that managed to cross 90 on Metacritic in the last two decades.
- Why It’s Hard Being A Mid-Range PC Gamer In 2023, Featuring Alan Wake 2
- God Of War Ragnarok Is 2023’s Top-Selling PS5 Title In Spain So Far
- Team Fortress 2 Peaks Over 250,000 Players After The Summer Update 2023
Recently, Alan Wake 2’s Xbox port scored 95 on Metacritic based on four critic reviews, making it the best-rated game for Xbox Series consoles. Alan Wake 2 was launched on October 27 on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and PC. The game was a sequel to the critically acclaimed Alan Wake, which was released in May 2010.
The highly stacked list of games that launched in 2023 has raised the standard for many upcoming games. Hopefully, 2024 will also feature just as good, if not better, games. Unfortunately, despite the launch of so many highly-rated games, 2023 has also seen many harsh layoffs in the video game industry.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍