- Take-Two Interactive’s stock decreased by 1% following the GTA 6 teaser trailer.
- This will not impact the publisher’s earnings next year as the game will release in 2025.
- GTA 6 will launch on current-gen consoles with no mention of a PC release at the moment.
In light of the teaser trailer of Grand Theft Auto 6, Take-Two Interactive has seen a 1% decrease in its stock value due to its intended release year of 2025. As reported by Business Insider, in addition to the decrease mentioned above, T2’s shares went down as low as 7% in premarket trading.
This dip in stock value came shortly after Rockstar uploaded the trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 due to the footage being leaked almost a day before the official reveal. The account responsible for the leak has since been suspended from X (formerly known as Twitter) but not before it demoralized the developers.
Setting 2025 as the release window for GTA 6 has presumably impacted both fans and Take-Two’s shareholders considering the decline in its stock value. The former have waited over a decade for the next installment in Rockstar’s flagship franchise and claim that another year isn’t a problem for them.
Related Content To Read Up On:
- Grand Theft Auto 6 First Trailer Unveiled Early Due To Leak
- GTA 6 Trailer Is Inspired By Many Real-Life Events, Comparisons Confirm
- Gamers Threaten To Boycott GTA 6 If It Does Not Launch On Game Pass
Despite this minor setback, Take-Two should ultimately see an astronomical boost in its earnings as the next GTA is set to come out next year. Its predecessor, Grand Theft Auto 5, attained the title of being the second best-selling video game of all time with over 190 million units shipped during its life. Furthermore, it’s one of the most financially successful entertainment products ever with approximately $8 billion in revenue worldwide.
The teaser for GTA 6 has been a monumental success for Rockstar Games, gaining over 99 million views with 8.9 million likes a little after 24 hours of its release. It is confirmed to launch on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles sometime in 2025. The devs have not mentioned a day-one PC release yet.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍