Hammers are one of the weapon types available to players in Elden Ring, featuring slower attack animations but powerful strikes that can deal significant damage and briefly stun enemies. With Elden Ring’s wide variety of weapons and customizations, there is a hammer suitable for any player’s build if they choose to use one. Choosing the right hammer is crucial for optimizing your character’s performance and defeating challenging enemies.
- Hammers are a powerful weapon type in Elden Ring, dealing high damage output to enemies, although with slower attack animations.
- There is a wide variety of Hammers available in the game, along with another archetype called the Great Hammers, each with its unique strengths and weaknesses.
- The Mace is one of the first hammer weapons available in the game, with decent base damage and scaling primarily with strength, and is a versatile option for players to customize their builds.
- Varre’s Bouquet is a hammer that stands out due to its unique design and the blood tax skill that can build up bleeding on enemies while restoring HP for each hit in the combo.
- While the Club is a low-damage hammer with many weaknesses, it can be useful for players looking to start with a hammer right from the beginning.
- The Morning Star can penetrate the armor of enemies as well as build up bleed damage, but players can further benefit from it by infusing it with different Ash of Wars.
- Great Hammers are among the heaviest weapons available and offer impressive reach with high base damage.
- Brick Hammer is a reliable and powerful weapon with a Barbaric Roar skill that enhances a player’s overall attack.
- Battle Hammer is a formidable weapon with Braggart’s Roar skill that enhances a player’s attack, defense, and stamina recovery, which makes it ideal for players who prioritize heavy-hitting and tanking abilities.
- Greathorn Hammer is a formidable weapon with high base damage, healing bonus, Barbaric Roar skill, and infusion capability.
- The Celebrant’s Skull is a versatile option with high damage output and a unique ability to grant runes to players upon successful attacks.
Here is a quick look at the comparison between the Best Hammers in Elden Ring:
|Weapons||Type||Physical (ATK)||Physical (Guard)||Crit||Boost|
|Scepter Of The All-Knowing||Hammer||99.0||36.0||100.0||27.0|
|Nox Flowing Hammer||Hammer||122.0||51.0||100.0||34.0|
|Brick Hammer||Great Hammer||122.0||74.0||100.0||48.0|
|Battle Hammer||Great Hammer||131.0||68.0||100.0||44.0|
|Rotten Battle Hammer||Great Hammer||126.0||68.0||100.0||44.0|
|Greathorn Hammer||Great Hammer||134.0||65.0||100.0||42.0|
|Celebrant’s Skull||Great Hammer||138.0||63.0||100.0||40.0|
|Devourer’s Scepter||Great Hammer||112.0||62.0||100.0||42.0|
|Beastclaw Greathammer||Great Hammer||116.0||62.0||100.0||42.0|
|Envoy’s Long Horn||Great Hammer||120.0||58.0||100.0||39.0|
|Cranial Vessel Candlestand||Great Hammer||98.0||71.0||100.0||48.0|
|Great Stars||Great Hammer||135.0||68.0||100.0||44.0|
Best Hammers In Elden Ring
While all weapons in Elden Ring have their own unique strengths, hammers can provide an advantage in specific situations with their high damage output and stun potential, as has been discussed in a subreddit post. By selecting the right hammer for your playstyle and build, you can ensure that your character is well-equipped to take on any challenge that lies ahead.
Varre’s BouquetLooking for a weapon that stands out from the rest? Look no further than Varre’s Bouquet in Elden Ring. This unique weapon has a distinctive design, but its low base attack may make it seem unappealing at first. However, with the right build and strategy, Varre’s Bouquet can be a deadly weapon in your arsenal.
To help you better understand the strengths and weaknesses of Varre’s Bouquet, here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Unique design: The unique appearance of Varre’s Bouquet makes it stand out from other weapons in Elden Ring.
- Buffable with items and magic: Despite being an arcane weapon, Varre’s Bouquet can be buffed with items and magic to enhance its effectiveness in combat.
- Blood Tax skill: The Blood Tax skill is a unique feature of Varre’s Bouquet, allowing players to build up bleed on enemies and restore their own HP with each hit in the combo.
- High base bleed effect: With a high base bleed effect on all attacks, Varre’s Bouquet is a weapon that can quickly wear down enemies with consistent pressure.
One of the unique features of this weapon is its Blood Tax skill. When activated, Blood Tax unleashes a quick flurry of attacks that build up bleed on enemies and steal HP for each hit in the combo. With a high base bleed effect on all attacks, this skill allows players to pressure enemies while restoring their own HP constantly.
In summary, while Varre’s Bouquet may not have the highest base attack in the game, its unique design, balanced requirements, and powerful Blood Tax skill make it a weapon worth considering for any player looking for a distinctive and effective weapon in Elden Ring.
MaceUpon reaching Roundtable Hold in Elden Ring, players can acquire the Mace, one of the first hammer weapons available in the game. With a strength requirement of 12 and a dexterity requirement of 7, this weapon scales primarily with strength. It offers decent base damage, making it a versatile option for players to customize their builds.
- The Mace comes equipped with the Kick skill, which may not be the most useful in combat but can be swapped out for other ash of war options.
- Additionally, the Mace can be infused with items and magic to imbue it with elemental damage.
When infused to be Heavy, the Mace’s base damage slightly decreases, but its strength scaling greatly improves, making it an ideal choice for higher-level builds. Overall, the Mace offers a solid foundation for players looking to create a hammer-based build in Elden Ring.
ClubThe Club is a Hammer-type weapon in Elden Ring with low damage output and various weaknesses common to the weapon type. While there are more powerful Hammer options available in the game, the Club can be useful for players looking to start with a Hammer right from the beginning.
- To wield the Club, players must have a Strength stat of at least 10.
- Despite its lackluster performance, the Club is the starting weapon for the Wretch class and can be a good option for players with a specific goal in mind.
While there are better alternatives to the Club available in the game, such as the ones mentioned in our list of Best Hammers in Elden Ring, it can still serve a purpose for those who want to use a Hammer from the start. However, it’s important to note that upgrading to a better Hammer as soon as possible is recommended for players looking to maximize their damage output.
HammerThe Hammer is a basic weapon found in the copy of the Roundtable Hold in Leyndell, Royal Capital. While it may not be the most powerful weapon, it has the advantage of being the longest Hammer you can give Affinities to. This makes it a versatile option compared to the more unique weapons that come later on in the game.
This weapon is a solid choice for players who prefer physical damage output. It requires 14 strength and 7 dexterity to wield and scales slightly more from strength than dexterity. Although it is similar to the Mace, the Hammer boasts a higher base damage output.
Like the other weapons on this list, the Hammer comes with the skill Kick and can be infused with another ash of war to give it elemental damage. Infusing the Hammer with the Heavy infusion is a popular choice among players, as it increases the weapon’s strength scaling and damage output. At higher levels, infusing this weapon will outclass its base damage with scaled damage. However, at that point, players should consider upgrading to another weapon beyond the Hammer.
The Morning Star is a versatile weapon that can be obtained early on in the game with relatively low requirements. To wield this weapon, players must have a minimum of 12 strength and 8 dexterity. While the weapon scales slightly more from strength, it can still be effective for those with a more balanced build.
- One of the benefits of the Morning Star is its high base damage output, making it an excellent option for the early sections of the Lands Between.
- This weapon is also effective against enemies with high armor due to its innate ability to deal with the bleed build-up for each hit.
- The Morning Star comes with the skill Kick, but players should consider infusing it with other ashes of war for added benefits.
- For instance, infusing it with the ash of war that corresponds to the desired elemental damage type can greatly improve its performance against specific enemy types.
Additionally, the Morning Star is a great option for players who want to take advantage of the bleed build-up for each hit. While it doesn’t offer as much bleed as some other weapons, it still provides a decent amount for how early it can be obtained. With this weapon, players can quickly dispatch enemies while also dealing extra damage over time through the bleed effect.
Monk’s FlamemaceLooking for a Hammer that excels in Dexterity scaling? Look no further than the Monk‘s Flamemace. This weapon is unique as it gets A scaling in Dexterity when infused with the Keen Affinity. This is particularly useful against enemies with thick skin like Crystalians, as most Dexterity weapons are too light to penetrate them.
Despite its name, the Monk’s Flamemace only deals physical damage and has a fiery appearance in its design. This weapon requires 13 strength and 13 dexterity to wield, with it scaling most from dexterity. While most hammers scale from both strength and dexterity, the Monk’s Flamemace is a rarity and a great option for early dexterity builds.
- Not only is this weapon effective against tough enemies, but it also hits hard and deals Strike damage, making it a solid secondary weapon for Dexterity builds.
- It can be obtained by farming the Fire Monks that wield it, though they are not the most convenient enemies to farm.
- With this weapon, you’ll have a reliable option for taking on tougher enemies as early as Liurnia of the Lakes.
- The Monk’s Flamemace also comes with the skill Kick and can be infused with ashes of war.
- Infusing it with Keen further boosts its dexterity scaling and quickly surpasses the lowered base damage for the infusion.
- This makes it a versatile weapon that can hold its own against a variety of enemies.
So, if you’re looking for a powerful Hammer that can complement your Dexterity build, the Monk’s Flamemace is an excellent choice. Its unique scaling and high damage output make it a valuable addition to any player’s arsenal.
Spiked ClubThe Spiked Club is a unique Hammer with innate Bleed buildup. While the Morning Star has better base damage, the Spiked Club’s A scaling in Arcane with the Occult Affinity out-damages it. It is a top contender in the Bleed category because of its significant advantage over other hammers, even though using a Hammer to trigger bleed is not the most effective option.
One of the best things about the Spiked Club is its low stat requirements. You need only 12 Strength and 7 Dexterity to wield it, making it a great option for early-game Bleed builds. Additionally, it can be found in Elden Ring’s starting area, so you don’t have to go far to acquire it. However, the only way to obtain the Spiked Club is by farming Demi-Humans, who have a chance to drop it. To ensure you get the Spiked Club, make sure you’re only killing Demi-Humans who wield it.
Here are some more details on the Spiked Club in Elden Ring:
- Damage Type: Strike
- Bleed Buildup: High
- Skill: Leaping Smash
- Infusion: Occult
- Scaling: A scaling in Arcane with Occult Infusion
- Location: Starting area of Elden Ring
- Required Stats: 12 Strength, 7 Dexterity
In addition to the above details, here are some tips on how to make the most of the Spiked Club:
- Infuse with Occult: Infusing the Spiked Club with Occult is the best way to increase its damage output. With an A scaling in Arcane, this Hammer is perfect for Bleed builds.
- Farm Demi-Humans: If you’re having trouble getting the Spiked Club to drop, make sure you’re only killing Demi-Humans who wield it. Other Demi-Humans won’t drop the Spiked Club.
- Use Leaping Smash: The Spiked Club’s skill, Leaping Smash, can be used to close the gap between you and your enemy, making it easier to land hits and trigger Bleed buildup.
- Pair with a Bleed Weapon: If you’re committed to a Bleed build, consider pairing the Spiked Club with another Bleed weapon to maximize your damage output.
Scepter Of The All-KnowingThe Scepter of the All-Knowing is a unique weapon in Elden Ring that can be obtained by defeating Sir Gideon Ofnir in the final stages of the game. This weapon, which is essentially the walking stick of Sir Gideon Ofnir, is the only hammer with innate Intelligence scaling and can deal a significant amount of Magic damage. The Scepter is an excellent choice for players who enjoy using both physical and magic damage and prefer weapons with longer reach.
In summary, some of the key features of the Scepter of the All-Knowing are:
- Unique hammer with innate Intelligence scaling
- Deals both physical and magic damage, scaling mostly with Intelligence and Dexterity
- Requires a minimum Strength of 12, Dexterity of 18, and Intelligence of 21 to wield
- Weapon Skill, Knowledge Above All, lowers the resistance of nearby enemies to Magic and Holy damage by ten percent
- Has longer reach compared to other hammers
This weapon scales mostly with Intelligence and Dexterity and deals both physical and magic damage, making it a versatile weapon that can be used against various enemies.
One of the unique features of the Scepter of the All-Knowing is its Weapon Skill, Knowledge Above All. When used, this skill causes a debuff that lowers the resistance of nearby enemies to Magic and Holy damage by 10 percent. While this debuff is not massive, it can be useful for spellcasters who need extra damage. However, players should use this skill carefully as it also affects the caster and may get them into trouble against certain enemies.
Overall, the Scepter of the All-Knowing is a great choice for players who want a versatile weapon that deals both physical and magic damage. With proper use, this weapon can be an invaluable asset to any player’s arsenal.
In Elden Ring, the Stone Club is a popular choice for players who enjoy the simplicity of wielding a big, heavy club. While it may lack the finesse of other weapons, the Stone Club makes up for it with sheer power and the satisfaction of bashing enemies over the head with a giant rock. Here is everything you need to know about this weapon:
- Stats and Requirements: The Stone Club has a base strength requirement of 16 and a dexterity requirement of 8.
- This means that players who want to wield it effectively will need to invest in their strength stat early on in the game.
- Damage and Scaling: Compared to other hammers with similar base damage and scaling, the Stone Club actually has the best scaling and thus deals the most damage.
- When given the Heavy Affinity, it receives A scaling in strength, making it a formidable weapon in the hands of a skilled player.
- Acquiring the Stone Club: To acquire the Stone Club, players will need to defeat the Battlemages that can be found at various locations throughout the Lands Between.
- While it may take some time and effort to find and defeat these enemies, the Stone Club’s raw power makes it a worthwhile investment for players who prefer to rely on their strength to get the job done.
In conclusion, the Stone Club may not be the most elegant or sophisticated weapon in Elden Ring, but it is a highly effective tool for players who enjoy using sheer force to take down their enemies. Whether you’re looking for a weapon to use early on in the game or simply enjoy the feeling of wielding a giant rock, the Stone Club is definitely worth considering.
Envoy’s HornThe Envoy’s Horn weapon uses the Oracular Bubble weapon skill, which plays music while firing a small, slow-moving bubble of Holy magic. While it may seem like a silly weapon at first glance, the Envoy’s Horn can actually do significant damage.
To use the Oracular Bubble weapon skill, players must meet the Envoy’s Horn’s stat requirements of 10 Strength, 12 Dexterity, and 16 Faith. This weapon scales equally from all three stats, making it a versatile weapon that can fit into a variety of builds. It deals both physical and holy damage, with the additional holy damage being a great addition to a faith-heavy build.
- The Envoy’s Horn is a weapon in Elden Ring that uses the Oracular Bubble weapon skill, firing a small, slow-moving bubble of Holy magic while playing music.
- This weapon scales equally from Strength, Dexterity, and Faith and deals both physical and holy damage.
- The Envoy’s Horn is a speedy weapon and a necessary part of a bubble weapon-based build.
Compared to other bubble weapons like the Envoy’s Longhorn and Envoy’s Greathorn, the Envoy’s Horn has a significant advantage in terms of speed. Its Oracular Bubble skill comes out quickly, making it useful against fast-moving enemies. While it may not be as powerful as the other bubble weapons, it’s still a necessary part of a bubble weapon-based build.
To acquire the Envoy’s Horn, players must farm the Oracle Envoys in Leyndell, Royal Capital, and Miquella’s Haligtree. Once acquired, players can use the Oracular Bubble skill to fire a small bubble of holy damage towards enemies. This is a cheap ability to cast and only does a bit of damage, but it is great for giving players a ranged option for damage if their spell slots are being used for other support-oriented incantations.
Nox Flowing HammerThe Nox Flowing Hammer is a short yet powerful weapon in Elden Ring that boasts a unique Weapon Skill called Flowing Form, making up for its limited reach. This weapon is a must-have for players who enjoy the hammer’s playstyle and its unique mechanics.
Here’s a breakdown of the Nox Flowing Hammer’s stats and abilities:
- Strength: 17
- Dexterity: 7
- Deals physical damage
- Scales off strength and dexterity stats
- Has decent base damage
Unlike most hammers, which suffer from short-range attacks, the Nox Flowing Hammer is an exception to this problem. This weapon is perfect for those who prefer to get up close and personal with their enemies.
- Flowing Form: Causes the Hammer to stretch dramatically in a wide circle around the player’s head before slamming down on enemies, dealing great damage over a wide range
The Flowing Form skill is the Nox Flowing Hammer’s most unique and powerful ability, allowing players to attack multiple enemies at once with its great range.
To obtain the Nox Flowing Hammer, players must venture to the optional area of Nokron, Eternal City. However, acquiring this weapon is no easy feat as it requires some serious exploration and parkour skills to navigate the area’s rooftops and windows.
In conclusion, the Nox Flowing Hammer is a formidable weapon that packs a punch despite its short stature. Its unique Weapon Skill and ability to overcome the hammer’s limited range make it a valuable addition to any player’s arsenal.
Ringed FingerThe Ringed Finger is one of the most unconventional weapons in Elden Ring due to its design. Shaped like a severed finger with rings on it, it is definitely not for the faint of heart. However, this Hammer still manages to make a name for itself thanks to its impressive capabilities.
The Ringed Finger boasts a decent damage output and is tied for the longest Hammer in the game. Its base damage is already impressive, but when combined with its scaling off of strength, it becomes one of the most powerful Hammers available. With a strength requirement of 15 and a dexterity requirement of 9, this weapon can pack quite the punch in the right hands.
- The weapon skill of the Ringed Finger, Claw Flick, is perhaps its most notable feature.
- Upon activation, the Finger swells up and then flicks out, dealing significant damage and sending smaller enemies flying.
- This skill has a bit of a charge up, but it is well worth it for the impressive results it delivers.
- The Claw Flick can be a lifesaver in tough battles, allowing players to quickly knock back foes and gain the upper hand.
- To obtain the Ringed Finger, players must journey to the Gelmir Hero’s Grave, a Catacombs filled with lava and frustration.
- Once players have acquired the weapon, they will find that its unique design and impressive capabilities make it a valuable addition to any arsenal.
In summary, the Ringed Finger is a highly unique and powerful weapon in Elden Ring, with a design that is sure to turn heads. Its long reach, impressive damage output, and unique skill make it a valuable asset in any battle. With a bit of skill and determination, players can obtain this one-of-a-kind weapon and add it to their collection.
Marika’s HammerMarika’s Hammer is a powerful weapon that deals physical and holy damage and has a unique skill called Gold Breaker. To wield this weapon, players need to have a strength of 20, dexterity of 12, and faith of 19. While the weapon scales most from strength, faith is a close second.
One of the most significant advantages of Marika’s Hammer is its Weapon Skill, Gold Breaker. The player can perform this move by hovering in the air before launching forward and slamming the hammer into the ground. The point of impact causes a massive explosion of physical and holy damage that deals massive damage to anything it hits. This makes the weapon an excellent option for post-game bosses or New Game Plus.
- To obtain Marika’s Hammer, players need to trade the Elden Remembrance with Enia at the Roundtable hold.
- Unfortunately, the Elden Remembrance drops from the final boss, making Marika’s Hammer one of the hardest weapons to obtain.
- However, the wait is worth it for players looking for a powerful weapon to use in New Game Plus.
- In addition to its unique ability, Marika’s Hammer also has decent base damage and scales well from strength, making it a reliable weapon for dealing damage.
- The weapon’s faith requirement is higher than most hammers, but it is still a worthwhile investment for players looking to use holy damage against their enemies.
10 Best Great Hammers In Elden Ring
In the game, Great Hammers are among the heaviest and best weapons available, offering an impressive reach and the ability to strike multiple enemies that are closely packed together. These weapons are renowned for their high base damage, with some of the top-rated ones featuring distinctive abilities that enhance their effectiveness.
Given their weight, most of these weapons demand a significant amount of strength to wield. Although some limited cases exist, the Great Hammers are most potent when used in builds that emphasize strength. Therefore, to maximize their effectiveness, it is essential to pick the best Great Hammers that cater to this requirement.
Brick HammerIn the game, the Brick Hammer is a powerful weapon that can deal a lot of strike damage to enemies. Although it has higher requirements, this weapon is perfect for players who are looking to level up their strength. To wield the Brick Hammer, players must have a strength rating of 31, with no other requirements needed.
One of the unique features of the Brick Hammer is the Barbaric Roar skill it comes with. This skill increases the player’s overall attack, making it a great option for players who want to deal more damage to their enemies. While the Barbaric Roar buff may not be as strong as the Braggart’s Roar, the Brick Hammer compensates with higher base damage and scaling off strength, making it deal higher total damage than the Battle Hammer.
Overall, the Brick Hammer is a straightforward weapon that can pack a serious punch in combat.
Players who prioritize strength in their character build will find the Brick Hammer to be a reliable and powerful option in their arsenal. Its high base damage, scaling with strength, and Barbaric Roar skill make it an effective weapon for dealing heavy blows to enemies.
Battle HammerThe Battle Hammer is a heavy weapon in Elden Ring that deals significant strike damage to enemies. With a requirement of 26 strength and 8 dexterity, this weapon scales primarily with the strength stat. While the Battle Hammer is a formidable weapon, it can be challenging to obtain as it is only obtained through an enemy drop.
- One of the defining features of the Battle Hammer is the Braggart’s Roar skill it possesses.
- This skill enhances the player’s attack, defense, and stamina recovery, making it an excellent choice for players who prefer bigger weapons that require a lot of stamina to swing.
- The Braggart’s Roar buff pairs well with the Battle Hammer, allowing players to deal more damage to their enemies while also enhancing their own defensive capabilities.
- While the Battle Hammer may not be the easiest weapon to obtain, its high damage output and Braggart’s Roar skill make it a formidable option for players who want to deal massive amounts of damage to their enemies.
- The Battle Hammer’s scaling with strength and inability to be infused with other ashes of war further solidify its place as a top-tier heavy weapon in Elden Ring.
To summarize, the Battle Hammer is a straightforward weapon that excels at dealing strike damage to enemies. With a high strength requirement and the Braggart’s Roar skill, this weapon is ideal for players who prioritize heavy-hitting and tanking abilities. However, players should be prepared to invest time and effort into obtaining this powerful weapon.
Rotten Battle HammerThe Rotten Battle Hammer is a heavy weapon that deals high amounts of strike damage to foes. It is a more powerful version of the standard Battle Hammer, as it inflicts additional scarlet rot build-up status on enemies. To wield this weapon, players must have 26 strengths and eight dexterity, with its primary scaling attribute being strength.
Like the regular Battle Hammer, the Rotten Battle Hammer is also paired with the Braggart’s Roar skill, which boosts the player’s attack, defense, and stamina recovery. Additionally, it can be infused with other ashes of war, making it a versatile weapon with a variety of possible elemental infusions.
Each hit of the Rotten Battle Hammer has a high build-up of scarlet rot, which, when successful, deals great damage to enemies. However, this weapon’s slower attack speed can make it more challenging to inflict scarlet rot status on foes.
To summarize, the Rotten Battle Hammer is a heavy weapon that inflicts scarlet rot status on enemies and can be infused with different elemental effects. Its power and unique status effect make it a desirable choice for players with a focus on strength-based builds.
Greathorn HammerThe Greathorn Hammer is a formidable weapon that boasts a combination of high damage output and an added bonus of health regeneration with each hit. This weapon requires 22 strength and 10 dexterity to wield, with the majority of its scaling coming from the player’s strength.
Here are some important details about the Greathorn Hammer:
- Base Damage: The Greathorn Hammer offers a significant amount of base damage that can be increased with the right build.
- Healing Bonus: The unique aspect of the Greathorn Hammer is its ability to heal the player with each hit.
- While each attack only restores a small amount of health, this can add up in extended fights, making the weapon useful in all sorts of scenarios.
- Skill: The Greathorn Hammer comes with the skill Barbaric Roar, which temporarily boosts the player’s attack power.
- This skill can be very useful in boss battles or in situations where high damage is required quickly.
- Infusion: The Greathorn Hammer can be infused with other ashes of war, providing the player with the ability to customize the weapon to their play style.
While the Greathorn Hammer has its advantages, it also has a few drawbacks. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Heavy Weapon: As a great hammer, this weapon has a slower attack speed than lighter weapons, making it harder to use in fast-paced battles.
- Stat Requirements: The Greathorn Hammer requires 22 strength and 10 dexterity to wield, which may not be feasible for all players depending on their build.
- Limited Healing: While the healing bonus is certainly a plus, it only restores a small amount of health with each hit, so players should not rely solely on the healing aspect of this weapon.
Overall, the Greathorn Hammer is a powerful and versatile weapon that can be a great addition to any player’s arsenal. Its unique healing bonus and customization options make it a valuable asset in long battles and against tough opponents.
Celebrant’s SkullThe Celebrant’s Skull is a great hammer that boasts high damage output and a unique ability to grant runes to players upon successful attacks. This weapon is well-suited for players who prefer a slower but more powerful weapon in combat.
- To wield this weapon, players must have a minimum of 18 strength and 12 dexterity.
- The weapon scales equally from both attributes, making it a versatile choice for players who want to level up both their strength and dexterity.
- The Celebrant’s Skull comes with the Barbaric Roar skill, which provides a decent boost to damage.
- In addition, this weapon has high base damage despite its lower requirements, making it a formidable choice in the early stages of the game.
- One of the unique features of the Celebrant’s Skull is its ability to grant runes to players upon successful attacks.
- Each hit with this weapon grants 20 runes, which can be used to upgrade the player’s character or equipment.
- This makes the Celebrant’s Skull a valuable weapon to use when trying to farm runes or level up.
- To further enhance the Celebrant’s Skull’s abilities, players can infuse it with other ashes of war.
- This allows players to tailor the weapon’s stats to their preferred playstyle or to maximize its effectiveness against certain enemies.
In summary, the Celebrant’s Skull is a powerful great hammer with the unique ability to grant runes to players upon successful attacks. Its high damage output and low requirements make it a great choice for early-game players. Its ability to be infused with other ashes of war provides versatility for more experienced players.
Devourer’s ScepterDevourer’s Scepter is a great hammer that is unique in its own way as it may not deal as much damage as other great hammers, but it has a unique skill that can hurt many enemies and heal the user. To wield this weapon, players need to have 24 strength, 20 dexterity, and 25 faith, and the weapon scales equally from all three attributes.
Here are some key features of the weapon:
- Weapon type: Great Hammer
- Attribute requirements: 24 strength, 20 dexterity, 25 faith
- Scaling: Scales equally from strength, dexterity, and faith
- Unique skill: Devourer of Worlds
- Infusion: Cannot be infused with other ashes of war
- Damage type: Fire damage
- Healing: Steals HP from enemies
- Range: Affects a wide range of enemies
The unique skill that comes with the Devourer’s Scepter is called Devourer of Worlds, which cannot be found in any other weapon. This skill sounds very impressive, but its actual performance can be a little underwhelming in terms of damage. However, it still has some impressive aspects, as it can affect a wide range and deals fire damage while simultaneously stealing HP from enemies.
Despite its unique skill, this weapon cannot be infused with other ashes of war. However, with its equal scaling from strength, dexterity, and faith, this weapon can be a great weapon for players with a faith build. In addition, the weapon’s high faith requirement can make it an ideal weapon for clerics.
In summary, the Devourer’s Scepter is a unique weapon with a rare skill that can heal the player while damaging enemies. Although it may not be the most damaging great hammer, it is still an excellent weapon for players with a faith build, or for those looking for a unique weapon to add to their arsenal.
Beastclaw GreathammerThe Beastclaw Greathammer is a formidable weapon in the world of ashes of war. Let’s take a closer look at what this hammer has to offer.
Stats and Requirements: To wield this weapon, players must meet certain requirements. These include:
- 20 strength
- 10 dexterity
- 18 faith
This weapon deals both physical and holy damage, scaling most from players’ strength and dexterity.
Skills: The Beastclaw Greathammer is known for its unique skill – Regal Beastclaw. Let’s dive into the details of this skill:
- This skill cannot be infused with other ashes of war.
- When the player activates the skill, massive claws tear the ground in front of them.
- Each claw deals a great amount of damage independently.
- Hitting a larger enemy with multiple claws will deal massive damage.
- This skill mimics one of the better incantations in the game, making it a valuable asset for players to have.
The Beastclaw Greathammer is an excellent weapon for players who prefer a combination of physical and holy damage. It’s also a great choice for those who like to use skills that can deal massive damage to their enemies.
Players can use this weapon to:
- Defeat enemies with both physical and holy damage.
- Utilize the Regal Beastclaw skill to take down large enemies quickly.
- Add to their collection of powerful weapons in the game.
In conclusion, the Beastclaw Greathammer is a worthy weapon to add to any player’s arsenal. Its unique skill, high damage output, and combination of physical and holy damage make it a valuable asset in the world of ashes of war.
Envoy’s Long HornThe Envoy’s Long Horn is a formidable weapon in the game, dealing massive amounts of physical and holy damage. This hammer also boasts of a unique skill that offers a ranged option to players.
Let’s take a closer look at the features of this weapon:
- Requirements: To wield this weapon, players need to have 23 strength, 11 dexterity, and 18 faith.
- The weapon scales most from players’ faith, making it an excellent choice for faith builds.
- Damage: The Envoy’s Long Horn deals high amounts of physical and holy damage, making it a go-to weapon for players who want to deal massive damage to their enemies.
- Unique Skill: The weapon comes with the Bubble Shower skill, which unleashes a barrage of bubbles that deal damage independently.
- While the bubbles act as projectiles, they can deal damage to enemies from a distance.
- This makes Envoy’s Long Horn an excellent choice for players who prefer ranged combat.
However, like all weapons, the Envoy’s Long Horn has its drawbacks. While it deals massive damage, it requires players to have a high faith stat to unlock its full potential. In addition, its unique skill, while powerful, can be difficult to aim accurately.
The Envoy’s Long Horn is an excellent choice for players who prefer faith builds and want a weapon that deals both physical and holy damage. Its unique skill, Bubble Shower, offers a ranged option to players, making it a versatile weapon to have in combat.
Cranial Vessel CandlestandThe Cranial Vessel Candlestand is a powerful weapon that can deal significant amounts of both physical and fire damage. This weapon is ideal for players who want to maximize their strength and faith, requiring 26 strength, 8 dexterity, and 22 faith to wield. Its unique combination of physical and fire damage makes it an excellent choice for players who prefer either strength or faith build.
In addition to its impressive base stats, the Cranial Vessel Candlestand also boasts the unique skill Surge Of Faith. This skill is an explosive AOE fire attack that deals massive damage to surrounding enemies. This ability can provide players with an extra spell option as long as their build meets the requirements to wield this weapon.
Moreover, the Cranial Vessel Candlestand is a non-infusable weapon, meaning it cannot be upgraded with other ashes of war. However, its high damage output and unique skill make it an excellent choice for players looking to deal massive amounts of damage in battle.
To further elaborate on the Cranial Vessel Candlestand’s strengths, consider the following bullet points:
- With equal amounts of physical and fire damage, this weapon can be a great choice for players looking to maximize their damage output in both areas.
- The Surge Of Faith skill is an excellent way to deal with multiple enemies at once, making it a great choice for players who prefer to take on groups of enemies at once.
- The Cranial Vessel Candlestand’s strength and faith scaling make it an excellent choice for hybrid builds that prioritize both stats.
- While it may not be the best choice for pure dexterity builds, players who prefer to wield heavier weapons may find this weapon to be a good fit.
Overall, the Cranial Vessel Candlestand is a powerful weapon that can be a great addition to any player’s arsenal, particularly those who focus on strength and faith builds. Its unique combination of physical and fire damage, as well as its impressive skill, make it a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield.
Great StarsThe Great Stars hammer is a fearsome weapon that packs a punch with its high damage output, life-stealing abilities, and additional bleed effect that it inflicts on enemies.
- To wield this weapon, players must have at least 22 strength and 12 dexterity, with most of the scaling coming from the player’s strength attribute.
- Apart from its raw damage output, the Great Stars hammer is particularly effective due to its unique skill, Endure.
- The weapon can also be infused with other ashes of war to further enhance its abilities.
However, the true power of the Great Stars hammer lies in its basic attacks. With high bleed stats, the weapon can inflict the bleed status ailment on enemies with just a few hits, making it an excellent option against enemies with high health pools. Moreover, each hit from the Great Stars hammer minimally restores lost HP, making it a formidable weapon for players who prefer a more aggressive playstyle.
In conclusion, the hammers in Elden Ring are formidable weapons that pack a powerful punch in battle. Whether you prefer the versatility of the Battle Hammer or the strength-scaling of the Brick Hammer, there is a hammer for every play style.
Looking for more weapon options in Elden Ring? Check out our guides on the best Whips in Elden Ring, the best Curved Greatswords, and the best Scythe Builds. These guides will provide you with in-depth analysis and rankings of the best weapons in their respective categories, giving you an edge in your battles. So gear up and face the challenges that await you in the land of Elden Ring!
- Elden Ring best Rapiers
- Elden Ring BEST Armor
- Elden Ring BEST Talismans & Locations
- Elden Ring BEST Builds Tier List
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍