Looking for the “best Remembrance to duplicate in Elden Ring?” Luckily, there isn’t just one of these numerous boss souls that you can actually replicate to farm double the benefits. You’ll find a multitude of Remembrances in the Lands Between to pay heed to, and I plan to cover everything you need to know about them in this guide. Keep on reading to explore some of the best Remembrances to duplicate in Elden Ring and buff up your character like never before.
- Why Trust Us: With 700+ hours in the game, Daniyal is a trusted source for Elden Ring guides!
1. Remembrance of the Regal Ancestor
- Why I Chose This: The Remembrance of the Regal Ancestor provides access to an Axe for Str builds with def-shredding capabilities and a talisman for FP replenishment.
After defeating the Regal Ancestor Spirit in Nokron, Eternal City, you receive the Remembrance of the Regal Ancestor. Access is through the Elden Ring Ranni quest post-Starscourge Radahn. When traded with Enia at Roundtable Hold, this Boss Soul provides three choices. The Winged Greathorn, a versatile Greataxe with strong and swift attacks, is particularly effective in PvP situations, making it a must-have for enthusiasts.
Additionally, there’s the Ancestral Spirit’s Horn, a talisman that replenishes your FP bar by a factor of 3 upon defeating an enemy. Like the Blasphemous Blade, which grants 3 health points post-fight, the Ancestral Spirit’s Horn significantly impacts battles, and I found it to be pretty useful in magic or Ash of war builds.
- Winged Greathorn can decrease targets defenses.
- Ancestral Spirit’s Horn can replenish FP.
- Difficult to obtain as it requires defeating two bosses.
- The weapon has low range and requires high Str/Dex investment.
2. Remembrance of the Rot Goddess
- Why I Chose This: Defeating Malenia could be tough, but the reward is worth it as it provides one of the strongest katanas in Elden Ring along with a great Scarlet Rot spell.
Malenia, Blade of Miquella, is often considered one of the toughest challenges, especially in New Game+, and I can certainly vouch for that myself (I had a pretty hard time). Duplicating the Remembrance of the Rot Goddess, which she drops, is a wise choice. This Remembrance can grant you either the Hand of Malenia, a Katana, or the Scarlet Aeonia, a powerful incantation.
- Hand of Malenia’s skill can cause very frequent bleeds.
- Scarlet Aeonia builds Scarlet rot very effectively.
- Malenia is a very tough nut to crack.
- Hand of Malenia requires a substantial amount of Dex (48).
3. Remembrance of the Full Moon Queen
- Why I Chose This: This Remembrance can be acquired early and though both items require substantial Int, they are the best options for mage-builds.
The Remembrance of the Full Moon Queen is obtained after defeating Rennala, Queen of the Full Moon, a powerful mage closely tied to Elden Ring’s lore. Duplicating this Remembrance is a smart choice because it offers some of the game’s best Staff and sorcery options. Whenever I went full mage in playthrough, I made sure to never miss this one.
You have two compelling options: the Carian Regal Scepter and Rennala’s Full Moon. Rennala’s Full Moon is a formidable sorcery spell that rivals Comet Azur. It allows you to unleash a devastating explosion that damages all nearby enemies. I consider it a game-changer in challenging situations.
The Carian Regal Scepter is a Glintstone Staff that scales well with Strength, Dexterity, and Intelligence, primarily focusing on the latter. If you’ve invested in Intelligence, this staff is an excellent choice.
- Rennala’s Full Moon negates enemy spells and shreds magic defense (20%).
- Carian Regal Scepter buffs full moon sorceries by 10%.
- Both options requires tremendous Int (70 and 60).
- This remembrance is purely for Mage-oriented builds.
4. Elden Remembrance
- Why I Chose This: The Elden Remembrance provides the equipement which include one of the best faith weapons in Elden Ring.
The Elden Remembrance is a Boss Soul obtained after defeating the final boss fight in Elden Ring, which consists of the Radagon of the Golden Order and the Elden Beast. This boss fight marks the end of the game and offers rewards that can be beneficial in New Game+.
You can choose between two powerful weapons: Marika’s Hammer and the Sacred Relic Sword. Marika’s Hammer is a formidable Hammer that inflicts Holy damage. It scales with Dexterity, Faith, and Intelligence. Its main skill, Gold Breaker, allows you to soar in the sky and deliver a devastating smash.
On the other hand, the Sacred Relic Sword is a Greatsword with a striking design, popular among Elden Ring’s PvP players. It features the Wave of Gold weapon art, boasting high attack power and substantial reach. It’s not only effective in combat but also useful for rune farming. I owe this weapon a lot for helping me reach higher levels pretty easily.
- Marika’s Hammer is an exceptional option in Str/Fth builds.
- Sacred Relic Sword’s has high damage and range, ideal for farming runes.
- Can only be utilized in New Game+.
- Marika’s Hammer has comparatively lower Dex scaling.
5. Remembrance of the Blasphemous
Read More: Elden Ring Dragonkin Soldier of Nokstella
- Why I Chose This: This Remembrance can be acquired earlier and unlocks the best healing weapon in the game along with a strong faith spell.
The Remembrance of the Blasphemous is obtained by defeating Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy, in Elden Ring. One of the rewards is the exceptional Blasphemous Blade, a unique Greatsword with a phenomenal weapon art called Taker’s Flames. This weapon art allows you to drive the blade into the ground with a vertical smash, causing a series of volcanic attacks to erupt.
On the other hand, you also receive Rykard’s Rancor, a powerful sorcery spell that summons the full power of Rykard himself. I found this spell to be especially beneficial for Faith builds due to its substantial damage output, but it comes with a high stamina cost, so it must be used strategically.
- Blasphemous Blade provides heals per kill.
- Rykard’s Rancor deals consistent DoT and tracks the enemy.
- Rykard is an optional boss which can be mistakenly skipped.
- The two options require investment in different stats.
6. Remembrance of the Black Blade
- Why I Chose This: Remembrance of the Black Blade provides the Black Blade Incantaion and Maliketh’s Black Blade. Both of these items deal percentage-based dmg.
The Remembrance of the Black Blade is obtained by defeating Maliketh, the Black Blade. Unlike some other bosses on this list, Maliketh must be defeated to progress in the game’s main storyline. In my experience, the Remembrance dropped by Maliketh is one of the most worthy of duplication due to its exceptional rewards.
You can choose between Maliketh’s Black Blade, a formidable weapon with a powerful weapon art that summons mystical blades to dispatch foes, and the Black Blade Incantation, a spell that allows you to elevate into the air and unleash a spinning wave of destructive light. I find both of these options highly effective, and this Remembrance is one of the best to duplicate in Elden Ring.
- Maliketh’s Black Blade deals heavy percentage-based HP damage.
- Black Blade Incantation reduces enemy’s max health by 10% and drains HP.
- Maliketh is a brutal and essentialy an end-game boss.
- The options require heavy investment in both Str and Fth.
7. Remembrance of the Grafted
- Why I Chose This: Remembrance of the Grafted provides the best equipement for Str heavy builds with one of them being the best Greataxe for early-game.
The Remembrance of the Grafted is obtained after defeating Godrick the Grafted, the king of Stormveil Castle in Elden Ring. This boss is one of the first you can encounter in the game, and the Remembrance offers two exciting weapons to experiment with.
The first weapon you can obtain from this Remembrance is the Axe of Godrick, a powerful Greataxe that shares its name with the boss himself. This golden-hued weapon is an excellent choice for you if you are interested in developing a melee build. The weapon art, “I Command Thee, Kneel,” is exceptionally powerful despite its slow cast.
In the other corner, I have the Grafted Dragon, a Fist-type weapon. While you can’t two-hand this weapon, you can wield it in one hand for thrilling entertainment. The Grafted Dragon’s skill move, “Bear Witness!” allows your character to summon the power of the dragon head and unleash a barrage of air-striking meteors, making it ideal for targeting multiple enemies at once.
- Grafted Dragon deals increased dmg against dragon-type enemies.
- Axe of Godrick’s skill is ideal for clearing hordes of enemies.
- Both the weapons’ stat requirements exceed early builds.
- The scalings of both weapons are relatively lower.
8. Remembrance of Hoarah Loux
An Interesting Read: Elden Ring best Ashen Remains
- Why I Chose This: If you are just investing in Str and nothing else then this Remembrance will prove extremely valuable to you as both of it’s contents scale purely with Str.
The Remembrance of Hoarah Loux presents an intriguing choice, dropped by Godfrey, the First Elden Lord. You can choose between obtaining the Axe of Godfrey or Hoarah Loux’s Earthshaker Ash of War skill, making it a significant decision for your playthrough.
Firstly, the Axe of Godfrey is a formidable weapon with a strong moveset and a powerful Ash of War skill. It has a base Physical Attack damage of 165, which can be significantly increased with Somber Smithing Stones. The Axe of Godfrey scales well with Dexterity and Strength, requiring 42 Strength and 14 Dexterity to wield.
On the other hand, the Ash of War: Hoarah Loux’s Earthshaker skill can be applied to any melee weapon, potentially changing how you approach battles in both PvP and PvE situations. Upon activating the skill, your character slams the ground, creating a shockwave that can be followed up with another move. If I talk about myself, this has to be one of favourite remembrances when playing Str builds.
- Axe of Godfrey’s skill increases dmg and alters charge attacks.
- Hoarah Loux’s Earthshaker can deliver heavy stagger damage in a large AoE.
- Is essentially obtained at the end of the game.
- Axe of Godfrey requires substantial amount of Str and End.
9. Remembrance of the Lichdragon
- Why I Chose This: The Remembrance of the Lichdragon unlocks one of the best single target spell which is very versatile in heavy Faith builds.
The Remembrance of the Lichdragon is undoubtedly the best Remembrance to duplicate in Elden Ring. It offers two incredibly powerful incantations that not only deal massive damage but also look spectacular.
The Fortissax’s Lightning Spear incantation allows your character to perform acrobatic leaps and launch lightning spears with pinpoint accuracy at enemies, creating a visually stunning spectacle. Believe me when I say that It’s a must-try incantation for your first playthrough of Elden Ring.
But that’s not all; the Remembrance also grants you Death Lightning, another potent incantation that rains destructive magic from above, covering a smaller radius but remaining highly effective, especially if you are a magic-based player.
- Fortissax’s Lightning Spear deals immense single-target lightning and stagger dmg.
- Death Lightning incantation inflicts death blight, ideal for crowd control.
- Both incantations need heavy Faith investment.
- Requires completion of Fia’s questline.
10. Remembrance of the Dragonlord
- Why I Chose This: Remembrance of the Dragonlord unlocks a weapon and an incantation, both efficient in dealing with dragon-type enemies.
Defeating Dragonlord Placidusax makes you choose between the Dragon King’s Cragblade and Placidusax’s Ruin.
First, the Dragon King’s Cragblade is a powerful Heavy Thrusting Sword. It deals high damage and features an impressive skill called Thundercloud Form. It lets your character jump into the air and slam down. This move also helps negate certain enemy attacks. The Cragblade is effective and fun to use, although many of you might feel it to be too powerful.
The other part of the Remembrance is the incantation of Placidusax’s Ruin. While it has a high FP cost, it quickly devastates enemies with fire. It’s known for its fast initial cast and versatility, making it useful in various situations, including PvP.
- The Cragblade provides bonus dragon damage (30%), and good Dex scaling.
- Placidusax’s Ruin deals dual-attribute HP and heavy stance damage.
- Placidusax’s Ruin consumes a ton of FP and stamina.
- Obtained from a very end-game secret boss.
11. Remembrance of the Naturalborn
- Why I Chose This: The Flail unlocked by this Remembrance is the best flail for Int-builds and the Ash of War comes with a decent AoE.
Facing the tough boss Astel isn’t something you’d want to do again in New Game+. Since I didnt want to replay a lengthy questline, I found duplicating this Remembrance to be an ideal choice.
The optional boss Astel is not needed to finish the game, except for the Age of the Stars ending. Obtain Bastard’s Stars, a versatile Flail with impressive moves, and Nebula, a crowd-control weapon art. Also, acquire Waves of Darkness, an Ash of War skill that excels in PvP and PvE, making it one of the best choices for duplication.
- Waves of Darkness can be added to any heavy weapon and has decent AoE.
- Bastard’s Stars deals increased dmg (20%) to gravity-type enemies.
- Obtained after completing a long questline (Ranni’s questline).
- The Ash of war provided has comparatively low spread.
12. Remembrance of the Fire Giant
- Why I Chose This: Remembrance of the Fire Giant is best for Fire-based builds as it provides a whip and incantation, both solely focused on fire dmg.
Defeating the Fire Giant grants you the Giant’s Red Braid, a powerful Whip-type weapon with the devastating Flame Dance skill, perfect for crowd control and PvP invasions.
Additionally, you obtain the “Burn, O Flame!” incantation, which summons towering pillars of flames that can be charged for increased power and reach, providing excellent protection against melee threats. I consider duplicating this Remembrance a wise choice as you will have access to both the impressive weapon and incantation.
- The Giant’s Red Braid can dispatch enemies from a safe distance.
- “Burn, O Flame!” comes with high stance damage of 47.
- Obtained from essentialy an end-game boss.
- Both equipement unlocked favor faith builds only.
13. Remembrance of the Blood Lord
- Why I Chose This: Just as the name suggests, this Remembrance provides great weapon and incantation for bleed builds.
The Remembrance of the Blood Lord is obtained after defeating Mohg, Lord of Blood; this boss can be challenging to locate in Mohgwyn Palace, a secluded area in the Lands Between.
You can find various methods to access Mohgwyn Palace through exploration. Beating Mohg is no small feat, but some players have discovered cheese methods to make the fight more manageable. I mean I dont blame you for disliking that crazy bleed attack, I do too.
The rewards for defeating Mohg include Mohgwyn’s Sacred Spear, an excellent weapon for both PvP and PvE, particularly for Arcane builds. Its unique weapon art and swift attacks make it a formidable choice. Additionally, the Bloodboon incantation is a valuable asset for high-yield Arcane builds. It allows you to throw poisonous blood at enemies, dealing substantial damage across a wide area, making it effective against groups of foes.
- Mohgwyn’s Sacred Spear causes rapid blood loss buildup of 55.
- Bloodboon’s skill is pretty effective against crawler and larger enemies.
- Obtained after defeating a secret, missable boss.
- Both equipement are not effective against bleed-resistant foes.
My Initial Experience Duplicating Remembrances
I have a good grasp of what remembrances are worth duplicating, but the first time I played Elden Ring, I prioritized the ones I truly wanted to and did not look for meta. I mainly duplicated the remembrances of Astel and all of the demigods as I looked for the most cosmetic options and the ones I would’ve liked to keep as a prize for defeating the demigods.
The most notable ones in the latter example were Godrick’s Dragonfist/Axe and Radahn’s Greatbow/Dual Greatswords. In later playthroughs, I tested builds by duplicating remembrances that I would regularly not, such as the Fire Giant and the Ancestor Spirit. And now, I go for the top-tier remembrances, like Mohgwyn’s Sacred Spear and the Elden Beast’s Sacred Relic Sword.
With that being said, I hope you enjoyed my take on the “best Remembrance to duplicate” As always, eXputer wishes you good luck!
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍