The Cyberpunk 2077 Max Level matters as equally as your gear and other components for V. It not only represents an outlook for your character throughout Night City but also provides progression to their overall stats and attributes. There are two kinds of main levels to keep in mind here; street cred as well as character level. Both are quite distinctive from each other but share the same maximum level cap of 50.
- There are two main leveling systems in Cyberpunk 2077, one of which is focused on the main character level, along with another one known as the street cred level.
- The Max character level cap in Cyberpunk 2077 is level 50, and it is here where players can earn attribute points along with perk points for each attribute, which are the five following:
- Body: Contributes to your overall physique, providing bonuses to HP and melee weapons, as well as being divided into sub-categories of Athletics, Annihilation, and Street Brawler.
- Reflexes: Players who play aggressively using Mantis Blades and other weapons can benefit heavily here; plus, it is further subdivided into skill trees known as handguns, Blades, and Assault.
- Technical Ability: It is an attribute that supports players who want to access hidden parts of the environment as well as wield tech weapons, and it is further split into Crafting and Engineering.
- Intelligence: Players fond of the Netrunner playstyle are in for a treat as Intelligence focuses on hacking and managing cyberdecks; it is also further categorized into Breach Protocol and Quick hacking.
- Cool: Stealth-focused players can quickly level up the sub-attributes here, known as Ninjutsu and Cold Blood, both of which heavily favor V for swift and deadly kills.
- The Max level of Street Cred is also 50, and it essentially allows the player to have access to hidden bonuses and exclusive rewards found throughout Night City and its inhabitants.
- A few tips and tricks to level up both V and their street cred is to complete side missions, gigs, and other activities throughout Cyberpunk 2077, which will provide experience in both parameters.
Character Level And Attribute Types In Cyberpunk 2077
The main character level cap is level 50 but is also subdivided into two kinds of level-up systems throughout the game; the attribute and perk points, both of which can significantly alter V and their stats.
The attributes are your main character progression thresholds earned via the overall character level-up and can provide major gameplay bonuses to V. In contrast, perk points are mostly invested in the sub-attributes that can slightly alter your playstyle and grant specific skills or perks tailored to your needs. There are also certain occasions where you can select hidden dialogue options if you have a specific level of an attribute.
- There are five different attributes available in Cyberpunk 2077 that allows players to invest in them so they can improve various factors such as gameplay capabilities as well as even combat prowess or survivability.
- Moreover, these attributes also have sub-categories where you can passively level them up too in order to acquire perk points, which then can be invested in any attribute’s categories.
- These Attributes are known as the following:
The body attribute determines your raw physical power. In addition to allowing you to force open doors, each level of the body (starting from level 3) will provide the following:
- Add five health points
- Add three stamina points
- Increase damage by fists and gorilla arms by 3
- Increase damage with melee weapons by 1.5%
- Decrease movement penalty by 6% while grappling an enemy or wielding an HMG or Defender.
- Increase possible movement duration while grappling an enemy.
- The body attribute is further divided into categories known as Athletics, Annihilation, and Street Brawler.
The sub-stats of Body are pretty easy to level up. Athletics will benefit from the player performing parkour or even using melee weapons to take down enemies in combat.
Meanwhile, Annihilation is pretty self-explanatory, as you will gain points for that sub-attribute by simply defeating enemies in your path. Lastly, you can level up Street Brawler by simply using punch attacks against enemies or using Blunt force weapons.
The Reflexes attribute determines your maneuverability. In addition to increasing your overall movement speed, each level in reflexes will provide you with the following:
- Increase crit chance by 0.25%
- Increase damage from Mantis Blades and Mono wire by 3.
- Increase damage mitigation chance by 0.75%
- It is also worth noting that by default, Mitigation grants a chance to reduce any damage taken by 50%
- Reflexes are further subdivided into handguns, Blades, and Assault.
Handguns will be a sub-attribute to easily level up passively as you simply need to kill enemies using the handgun weapon types as well as land headshots. The Blades category can be leveled up by simply using weapons such as knives and katanas against enemies. But the most simple one, Assault, will progress naturally to gain perk points as you need to defeat targets using submachine guns and assault rifles.
Technical Ability represents your technical know-how. It allows you to unlock doors and use tech weapons. Each increase in level will increase your armor by 1%. The sub-attribute categories include crafting and engineering; investing in the former will allow you to create weapons and armor using makeshift components, while the latter will pretty much involve the use of your cybernetics and other technical actions, such as hacking.
The more gear you craft, the more you will be able to level up the crafting section of the Technical Ability. At the same time, Engineering experience can be gained by damaging enemies with grenades or performing technical actions such as hacking various machinery in the world as well as using tech weapons. It is one of the most viable skill trees to consider while striving to achieve the Cyberpunk 2077 Max level.
Intelligence determines your netrunning proficiency as every level in this attribute will provide you with the following benefits:
- Increase Cyberdeck RAM capacity by 4%.
- Increase quick hack damage by 10%.
- Increase quick hack duration by 1%.
- Intelligence is further divided into sub-categories known as Breach Protocol and Quickhacking.
The breach protocol section correlates to the actual Breach Protocol hacking minigame itself where you essentially need to decipher an alphanumeric code in order to collect important information or rewards. The more successfully you complete Breach Protocols, the more experience you will gain for it in order to earn perk points.
Lastly, quick hacking is pretty self-explanatory here, especially for players who are opting to run the Best quick hacks in Cyberpunk 2077 and can look forward to quickly reaching the max level for it. You will simply need to use your cyberware gadgetry in gameplay in order to gain experience for it as easily as possible.
Cool determines your resilience, composure, and effectiveness when operating from stealth. Each level invested in the Cool attribute will provide you with the following:
- Increase crit damage by 2%
- Increase all resistance by 1%
- Increase stealth damage by 10%
- Reduce the speed at which enemies detect you in stealth by 0.6%
- Increase enemy grapple duration by 1 second.
- The cool attribute is further branched off into Ninjutsu and Cold Blood.
It is also worth noting that there are some rare circumstances in Cyberpunk 2077 where you may be able to access hidden dialogue options at a certain threshold of Cool. Ninjutsu experience points can be gained by performing stealth kills on enemies as well as defeating enemies via throwing knives.
The Cold Blood is interesting as it is one of the sub-attribute skill trees that doesn’t progress passively to the Cyberpunk 2077 max level. Instead, you will first need to acquire the actual skill named Cold Blood in the category here, which will essentially buff you when attaining kills on enemies. So by defeating enemies while this skill is active, you will be able to gain experience towards leveling it up.
Street Cred Levels And Bonuses
As shown in the image above, Street Cred is also a progression bar that you can max out in Cyberpunk 2077 and features the same level cap of 50 as your character level. Street Cred is a means of providing you with various bonuses in the world of Night City, one which can help make your legend stand out among the rest.
You can gain street cred by completing missions, gigs, and random crime events. We have listed the bonuses of street cred on specific level thresholds mentioned below:
|Street Cred Level||Bonuses|
|Level 6||Weapon Vendors will have new weapons to sell.|
|Level 12||Clothing stores will have more items available for purchase.|
|Level 14||New types of clothes are added to clothing stores.|
|Level 20||Ripperdocs will sell you new cyberware.|
|Level 27||New items added to clothing stores|
|Level 37||Vendors will offer new weapon mods and attachments.|
|Level 45||New weapons are available for purchase from vendors.|
|Level 50||New cyberware added to Ripperdocs.|
Furthermore, it is also worth noting that street cred is also tied to a few other notable aspects of Cyberpunk 2077 and if you can access them or not. For instance, you can discover a Rayfield Caliburn on the outskirts of the map in a tunnel but it will be locked and will require a level 40 street cred to access. As your street cred grows, you will also get recognized by more deal brokers around Night City who will offer you gigs and other side jobs.
Important Tips And Tricks
While we have explained both of the main leveling systems in Cyberpunk 2077, it is imperative that you keep in mind the following information we have provided, which may speed up the process of min-maxing both your character level along with the street cred level in the game:
- Early on in Cyberpunk 2077, we strongly advise completing any street crime events that you come across on your travels, as it will heavily provide you with a hefty sum of street cred.
- Focus on the attributes that pertain the best to your chosen playstyle, so if you’re someone who loves using quick hacks, then consider investing in the Intelligence and Technical Ability attributes.
- You will have a limited number of attribute points to spend in a single playthrough, even after reaching the max level, so make sure to choose carefully what kind of build you want to craft for V.
- The best way to generate both street cred and character XP is by partaking in the numerous side missions and gigs scattered around Night City.
- The best general attributes we recommend for any player of Cyberpunk 2077 are Body and Technical Ability, as they contain some useful perks which can greatly help you during combat and crafting.
Summing It Up
According to the following Subreddit Post, you may be conflicted about the idea that the max level is only limited to 50 in both systems. We understand that Cyberpunk 2077 is such a massive game that the main level caps being locked to 50 can certainly feel rather underwhelming, at least to a few players. Not to mention that the game is absolutely packed with content and is further enhanced with the best mods for Cyberpunk 2077.
The latest Edgerunners anime allowed Cyberpunk 2077 to shine more brightly than ever for new players to try out, as they could replicate their favorite character builds here, such as Lucy and Rebecca. You can even hunt down the various different Legendary weapons in Cyberpunk 2077, which may end up helping you out more than one would expect.
However, for now, though, this concludes our guide to the Cyberpunk 2077 max level, its two types of progression, and how you can grind them out. If you have any further questions or queries related to Cyberpunk 2077, then feel free to let us know in the comments section below! As always, eXputer wishes you luck!
- How To Access Flying Cars in Cyberpunk 2077
- Best Cyberpunk 2077 PC Settings For High FPS
- Cyberpunk 2077: How To Get Jackie Welles Bike
- How To Find Skippy Cyberpunk 2077
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍