There are various types of skill runes in the game, one of which is Protection skill runes. As the name suggests, these runes provide defense and survivability, which is suited for more defensive playstyles and builds.
- There are three rarities of the Protection skill runes.
- Rare Protection skill runes offer a shield based on 5% of their max health.
- Epic Protection skill runes offer a shield based on 8% of their max health.
- Legendary Protection skill runes offer a shield based on 12% of their max health.
- To obtain each skill rune, you have to fulfill different requirements.
Protection Skill RuneThe Protection skill runes are especially good for defense oriented playstyles as they give you that extra layer of protection. Using these skill runes on your skills gives you a lot more survivability as your character becomes tankier and is capable of dealing with a lot more damage head-on. These skill runes can be attached to the skills of your characters so that whenever they use their skills, the effect of these runes is triggered.
Protection runes are available in three distinct rarities. The runes’ stat or buff improvements are determined by their rarity, and the higher the rarity, the better the stat or buff enhancement. The Protection skill runes in the game are available in three rarities that are:
- Rare: Indicated by blue color.
- Epic: Indicated by purple color.
- Legendary: Indicated by orange color.
Here are the Protection skill runes that you can obtain for each rarity.
Rare Skill Rune
There is one Rare Protection skill rune that can be obtained in the game. This is how you can get your hands on it:
- The skill rune can be found on Phantomwing Island. This skill rune is one of the potential rewards that you can get after defeating the Field Boss, Adrinne.
The effect of this rare Protection skill rune is as follows:
- Upon using this skill rune, the player will get 5% of their max health as a shield for additional defense. Keep in mind that this only comes into play when you cast the skill that is attached to this specific rune.
Epic Skill RuneThere are three Epic Protection skill runes that can be obtained in the game. Here is how you can obtain each one:
- For the first Epic Protection skill rune, you need to obtain 50 Island Souls. The Island Souls are a collectible item that can be collected throughout various islands. There are a total of 95 souls that can be collected by the player, from which only 50 souls are needed to access this Protection skill rune.
- The second Epic Protection skill rune you need to complete a quest. The quest that you need to clear is the Blade with the Blue Flames.
- You must complete the Lush Reed Island PvP quest to obtain the last Epic Protection skill rune. When you finish this quest, you will get the Reed Field Treasure Chest, which contains your skill rune.
The effect of all three Epic Protection skill runes is the same, which is:
- Upon equipping this skill rune, the player will get 8% of their max health as a shield for added defense. It is worth noting that this will only activate once the skill is cast.
Legendary Skill RuneThere is only one Legendary Protection skill rune in the game. As the name suggests, this skill rune gives a massive shield to the player depending on their max health. Here is what you need to do to obtain this skill rune:
- This Legendary Protection skill rune can be obtained only after you collect 7 Omnium Stars. These are other forms of collectible items that can be obtained once you reach Punika. These are extremely rare and do not have a 100% chance of dropping.
The effect of this Legendary Protection skill rune is as follows:
- When this skill rune is equipped, the player gains 12% of their maximum health as a shield for increased protection. It should be noted that this will only be active after the skill is cast.
We have entailed all there is to know about Protection skill runes in Lost Ark. These skill runes can heavily increase your ability to combat certain bosses as they provide a considerable amount of defense through shields.
While you are here, be sure to check out our guide on Lost Ark Treasure Maps: Locations & Rewards. If you are interested in the online marker in the game then check out Market Online: Buying & Selling Guide. In case you are interested in the mounts in the game then check out Best Mounts: Fastest & Free Mounts. Lastly, if you want to know more about the skins in the game then be sure to check out Skins: New, Free, Korean & More.
Was this guide helpful? Let us know in the comments below!
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍