If there’s anything the Merchant hates more than Ganados, it’s those rats since the Merchant is actually willing to pay us Spinels to kill them in certain areas. The “More Pest Control” side quest becomes available in Chapter 9, but the rats you need to kill are more spread out compared to the previous quest; thus, one must know the location of every quest in order to earn some easy Spinels in RE4 Remake.
- Players have a simple task of finding the three rats and killing them to satiate the Merchant’s needs.
- Here is the location of all rats on RE4 Remake:
- The first rat is located in the Dining Hall.
- The second rat minds its own business in the corridor that leads to the Armory beside the Grand Hall.
- The third rat can only be reached once players have reached chapter 10. It is located in the corridor that is parallel to the upper section of the library on the map.
- These rats will run away when you get too close or make noise so be ready to start the chase at a moment’s notice.
More Pest Control QuestYou may already be familiar with the Pest Control side quest from chapter 3. The “More Pest Control” side quest becomes available in chapter 9. The Merchant will task you to kill the rats in Salazar Castle as well. You already know the drill. Kill three rats and collect the reward.
So, here we will be listing in detail the location of every single one of those rats. If you recall, the quest description said that the areas you need to explore are the Grand Hall and the Library. Funnily enough, none of the rats are in these locations, and players would need to explore a bit.
Rat #1 LocationAs soon as you enter the area of the Grand Hall, keep moving ahead and start heading toward the Dining Hall. Once you are inside, there is a rat minding its own business by running around in the room, but you don’t care about that; you only need your Spinels, but we are not really the ones to judge. Go ahead and kill it, then move on to the second rat.
Rat #2 LocationRemember that Hallway that you passed through before reaching the Dining Hall? Well, time to backtrack. We have summarized everything in points for better understanding.
- Backtrack to the Grand Hall after killing the first rat in the Dining Hall.
- Enter the corridor that leads to the Armoury.
- You will find the rat scurrying around in the corridor.
A word of advice, though, the rat will run away from you if you get too close, but even if you lose sight of it, these rats make enough noise for you to pinpoint their location anyway.
Rat #3 Location
You, unfortunately, can not kill the third rat until you reach chapter 10; it is safe from your killing spree for now. Once you are playing as Leon again, you’ll need to get to the Hallway that exists parallel to the upper section of the library, as shown in the image below.Here resides the final rat, go ahead and kill it. Then start heading toward the Merchant to claim your reward.
With that, our guide on How to Complete More Pest Control side quest in RE4 Remake comes to an end. To summarize, two of the rats can be killed in chapter 9, while the final rat is only reachable once you have reached chapter 10. We hope our guide helped you out.
Just like the original title, Resident Evil 4 Remake does not fall behind when it comes to weapon variety or special weapons. Consider reading our guide on how to obtain the Red9, Matilda, W-807 Shotgun, Chicago Sweeper, and even the Infinite Rocket Launcher, in case you are interested.
These weapons are bound to help you in your playthrough. In case you are just interested in knowing the best of the best, then we also have a BEST RE4 Remake Weapons guide available. But that’s all from us.
Resident Evil 4 Remake is available now on the PS4, PS5, Xbox Series S/X, and PC through Steam. In case you were wondering about the differences between the editions of the title, then consider reading our All Edition Comparison guide. Is this your first time playing Resident Evil 4? How do you like the game so far? Let us know in the comment section below.
- How To Get Mendez’s False Eye In Resident Evil 4 Remake
- Resident Evil 4 Remake: How To Get The Blacktail
- Resident Evil 4 Remake: How To Get LE5 SMG
- Resident Evil 4 Remake: Grandfather Clock Correct Time Puzzle
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍