There are eight distinct Archetypes/ classes in Remnant 2, each offering its own perks, skills, advantages, and disadvantages. Many players have the question of which of these classes is Remnant 2 best solo class and is the ideal one to use if they are not interested in multiplayer and wish to play the entire game solo.
- Author’s Note: After going through Remnant 2 for several weeks on Steam, I feel confident going into the topic with thorough experience.
Remnant 2 Best Solo Classes
The best solo classes for Remnant 2 are listed in the following table for your convenience:
|The Handler||-Pack Hunter|
-Spirit of the Wolf
|The Challenger||-Close Quarters|
-Face of Danger
- The Handler
- The Challenger
Let me explain these classes, their perks, and their skills in detail.
I consider the Handler class ideal for both solo and online coop if you have plans for playing online occasionally. The Handler is a support class as you will also have a Dog companion by your side, which can aid you greatly in the battle by either attacking at your command or reviving you when you are down.
This class offers the Kinship trait, which reduces the Friendly Fire damage dealt and received. Now let me move on to its perks and skills.
PerksThe Perks offered by the Handler class are the
- Pack Hunter
- Spirit of the Wolf
- Team Work
- Best Friend
|Pack Hunter||Unlocked at level 1, this perk gives the player a 3% Ranged, and Skill damage increases if your dog is active and is within a 25-meter radius of the player. This perk can further be upgraded at level 6 to increase the damage increase percentage to 30%.|
|Spirit Of The Wolf||Unlockable at level 2, this perk will increase your movement speed by 10%. If you are playing with other people, then all your allies within a 10-meter radius will gain the same movement speed as you. The Spirit of the Wolf perk can be further upgraded at level 7, and it gives the additional advantage of reducing the stamina cost of actions for allies by 15%.|
|Teamwork||Whenever you or your companion needs a revive, this perk will increase the revive speed by 5%. It is unlocked at level 3 and can be further upgraded at level 8. Once upgraded, the revive speed will be increased by 30%, and you or your companion will receive 50% less damage while reviving.|
|Best Friend||Once you unlock this perk at level 4, your companion's health will be fully restored when you use a relic. It will also grant your companion a 25% damage increase and a 35% damage resistance for 15 seconds when upgraded at level 9.|
|Bonded||Bonded is the Prime perk of the Handler. It basically gives your companion the ability to revive you or your allies at 50% max health. It has a cooldown of 120 seconds and can be upgraded at level 5 and level 10. At the level 5 upgrade, its cooldown will be decreased to 105 seconds, and it will be reduced to 90 seconds at the level 10 upgrade.|
The Handler commands their companion on the battlefield instead of using a traditional skill set. The Handler and their companion possess three skills:
- Makes the companion follow you.
- Provides a 15% boost in Threat while attacking.
- Reduces all damage to the companion by 20%.
- Has an 84.6-second cooldown.
- Single button press: Companion attacks nearby enemies.
- Double button press: Companion returns to your side.
- Hold button: Companion howls, reducing damage taken by all allies within a 20-meter radius by 15% for 20 seconds.
- Enables the companion to follow you and heal allies within a 3.5-meter radius.
- Heals at a rate of 0.25% of health per second.
- Takes 400 seconds to heal allies fully.
- Has an 84.6-second cooldown.
- Single and double button presses function the same as in other skills.
- Hold button: Companion howls, healing the Handler by 2% of their health per second and increasing allies’ movement speed by 25% for 25 seconds (requires allies to be within a 20-meter radius).
- Allows the companion to deal 20% additional damage.
- Single and double button presses are the same as in previous skills.
- Hold button: Companion’s howl increases all allies’ damage by 20% for 20 seconds (requires allies to be within a 20-meter radius).
The Challenger is your average tank class, as it is an absolute powerhouse in close-range combat. For me, the Challenger is Remnant 2 best solo class due to it having endless possibilities and a set of skills that will only benefit you, unlike the Handler class, which also aids your allies if you are playing online.
In case you are coming from Dark Souls or other From Software games, you will feel right at home with this class. If we are to talk about its traits, then it offers the Strong Back trait, which decreases Encumbrance. Now, let me move on to its perks and skills.
The Perks offered by the Challenger class are the
- Close Quarters
- Intimidating Presence
- Face of Danger
- Die Hard
|Close Quarters||Unlocked at level 1, this perk grants a 3.5% damage buff against all enemies within a 10 meter radius. The damage buff is removed against an enemy once they cross 20 meters. After upgrading to level 6, the player’s Critical Chance will also be increased by 10%.|
|Intimidating Presence||When unlocked at level 2, whenever you activate any skill, all enemies within a 10-meter radius will deal 10% less damage for 15 seconds. This perk can be further upgraded at level 7, and players will gain an additional 2.5% damage reduction.|
|Powerlifter||With this perk, the increased stamina cost for each weight bracket is reduced by 50%, therefore removing the worries about your weight altogether. It is unlocked at level 3 and can be further upgraded at level 8. Once upgraded, the Stamina Regeneration delay is also reduced by 50%.|
|Face of Danger||If you were to use a relic while being in a 10-meter radius of an enemy, this perk would grant two stacks of Bulwark for 10 seconds. This perk is unlocked a level 4 and can be upgraded at level 9. Once upgraded, the Face of Danger perk will also grant 10% Increased Damage for 10 seconds.|
|Die Hard||Die Hard is the prime perk of this class. It is unlocked automatically, and through its help, players will become invulnerable for 2 seconds and regain 50% of their health after receiving fatal damage. This can only be done once every 10 minutes and is reset on death or rest. It can be upgraded twice at level 5 and level 10. At level 5, the invulnerability period will be increased to 2.5 seconds, and health regain will be increased to 75%. At level 10, the invulnerability period will be increased to 3 seconds, and health regain will be increased to 100%|
The Challenger possesses skills that can make you a formidable force when used strategically, earning it the title of Remnant 2’s best solo class. Here are the three skills it offers:
- Creates a shockwave inflicting 150 base damage and stagger damage.
- Deals damage in all directions at point-blank range.
- Cooldown: 50 seconds.
- It is ideal for crowd control and weakening tougher foes before engaging.
- Grants three stacks of bulwark, a 15% boost in movement and melee speed, and a 50% increase in melee damage.
- Buffs last for 25 seconds.
- Perfect for wielding heavy weapons and delivering rapid, heavy-hitting strikes.
- Increases fire rate by 15%, reload speed by 20%, and movement speed by 10% for 10 seconds.
- Dealing significant damage during this skill’s duration grants rage stacks, boosting ranged damage by 2.5% per stack.
- When reaching ten stacks, the Challenger goes berserk, doubling the effects of Rampage for 15 seconds.
This guide concludes the discussion of Remnant 2’s best solo class. Whether you’re considering respeccing attributes or optimizing control settings, I hope this information aids your solo playthrough. Share your thoughts on Remnant 2 in the comments if you enjoy the early access!
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍