If you want to strengthen your character in Remnant 2, you must essentially level up their stats. But, the only way you can grow extremely powerful is by investing in the Remnant 2 Best Traits, whether they’re core or archetype traits, which can give you different buffs depending on the type of Trait it is.
- Author’s Note: You can trust and rely on my expertise since I’ve gone through Remnant 2 for well over 80 hours.
Here is an overview of the Traits in Remnant 2 that you should try to invest in first.
|Trait Name||Trait Type||Description|
|Vigor||Core||Increases maximum health by 3 per trait point invested. This trait is essential for all players, especially for the Challenger archetype.|
|Endurance||Core||Enhances stamina by 3 points per trait point, improving mobility and survivability. It's especially useful for melee-focused players.|
|Spirit||Core||Enhances your mod power generation by 2% per trait point. This trait is valuable for players who rely heavily on weapon mods, like the Gunslinger archetype.|
|Expertise||Core||Reduces skill cooldowns by 3% per trait point, allowing for more frequent use of class abilities. This trait is particularly beneficial for the Medic archetype.|
|Kinship||Archetype||Unique to the Handler archetype, it reduces friendly fire damage dealt and received by 80% at level 10.|
|Triage||Archetype||Belongs to the Medic archetype and improves healing by 50% at level 10.|
|Potency||Archetype||Unique to the Alchemist archetype, it improves the duration of consumables by 100% at level 10.|
|Swiftness||Archetype||Exclusive to the Explorer archetype, improves all movement speed by up to 15% at the max level.|
|Longshot||Archetype||A unique trait of the Hunter archetype, increases the effective range of all weapons by 600 cm at level 10.|
|Fortify||Archetype||An exclusive trait of the Engineer archetype, bolsters the defensive capabilities of your armor by 50% at level 10.|
|Arcane Strike||Unlockable||Improves Mod Power Generation from Melee Damage by 50% at level 10. It can be found at Losomn's Harvester's Reach by destroying all bone piles that spawn the large rat.|
|Barkskin||Unlockable||Offers a general damage reduction, decreasing all incoming damage by 10% at level 10. It can be found in Yaesha's The Far Woods from Meidra.|
|Blood Bond||Unlockable||Allows your summoned entities to absorb 10% of damage taken by the caster at level 10. It can be found as a reward for defeating the Root Nexus boss/event, possibly spawning in The Far Woods on Yaesha.|
|Fitness||Unlockable||Enhances your Evade Distance by up to 30% at max level. It can be found in N'Erud's Vault of the Formless.|
|Footwork||Unlockable||Increases Movement Speed while Aiming by 50% at level 10. It can be found in N'Erud's Terminus Station during The Train Event.|
Remnant 2 Best Core Traits
In the action-packed world of Remnant 2, players have the option to improve their gameplay by leveling up traits, each of which confers a specific advantage.
The effectiveness of these traits varies depending on a player’s style and preferred character archetype. The Core Traits are those that are available to every single Archetype in Remnant 2.
Arguably the most critical trait for all players, Vigor increases your maximum health by three per trait point invested.
- By the time you’ve reached level 10, this equates to an additional 30 HP.
- The improved survivability offered by Vigor is essential, particularly for new players and those facing off against Remnant 2’s formidable bosses.
- Enemies in Remnant 2 will not spare you, and the limited healing options early in Remnant 2 make Vigor an attractive trait to prioritize.
- Vigor is especially crucial for archetypes such as the Challenger, who act as the team’s tank and often find themselves in close quarters with enemies.
- Extra health can mean the difference between life and death.
Endurance enhances your stamina by three points per trait point, resulting in up to +30 stamina at level 10.
- Given Remnant 2’s frequent need for sprinting and dodging in combat scenarios, having additional stamina can significantly improve mobility and survivability.
- Melee-focused players will find this trait particularly useful as it enables them to engage enemies more frequently and evade attacks effectively without worrying about stamina depletion.
- While less critical for ranged characters early in Remnant 2, increasing Endurance can still provide a strategic advantage as players progress.
Spirit enhances your mod power generation by 2% per trait point, making it particularly useful for players relying heavily on weapon mods in their gameplay.
- The faster you can generate mod power, the more frequently you can utilize your weapon’s special abilities.
- Initially, Spirit might seem less important as weapon mods are most effective during boss fights, and you’re unlikely to generate a second use of your mod within the same fight.
- However, as you progress, the increased mod power generation becomes beneficial, allowing for more frequent use of these potent abilities.
- Gunslingers, known as the DPS powerhouses, will find Spirit an attractive trait in group settings due to their reliance on weapon mods for damage output.
Expertise reduces skill cooldowns by 3% per trait point, leading to more frequent utilization of class abilities.
- Like Spirit, the initial value of Expertise might seem limited due to the long cooldowns and the speed at which enemies are defeated early on.
- However, reduced cooldown times can be a game-changer in group settings and during intense boss fights.
- Medics, in particular, can benefit greatly from Expertise, as it keeps their healing abilities available more frequently, supporting team survivability.
Best Archetype Traits
In this Remnant 2 best traits section, we’ll cover the best Archetype Traits. Archetype Traits are those that are specifically available for certain classes. However, even if you have a different Archetype, you can equip these by using Trait Points, especially if you’re running a solo class in Remnant 2. Here is the list of Remnant 2 best Archetype Traits.
An indispensable trait for those who prefer co-op multiplayer, Kinship reduces friendly fire damage dealt and received by 80% when maxed out at level 10.
- The ability to minimize the impact of chaotic battles where everyone is indiscriminately launching explosives and firing rounds is highly beneficial.
- Kinship, which is unique to the Handler archetype, can significantly improve the overall team dynamics and reduce the risk of accidentally incapacitating your teammates.
- It’s particularly beneficial for teams with inexperienced members.
- However, if the Handler archetype is your main, you may not need to prioritize Kinship due to the Prime Perk, Bonded, which allows your dog companion to revive you or your teammates.
Hailing from the Remnant 2 Medic archetype, Triage is a trait that improves healing by 50% at level 10.
- The boosted healing can significantly improve your survivability in Remnant 2, making it a great choice if you have spare Trait Points.
- It is particularly useful for players not intending to equip the Medic archetype solely for the healing boost.
The Potency trait is unique to the Alchemist archetype and improves the duration of consumables by 100% at level 10.
- The ability extends the effect of consumables like Antidotes, providing increased resistance for a more extended period.
- That makes it a must-have for players who frequently use consumables to gain temporary battle advantages.
Exclusive to the Explorer archetype, Swiftness improves all movement speed by up to 15% at the max level.
- The heightened mobility provided by Swiftness enhances maneuverability in combat, enabling you to dodge enemy attacks more effectively and reposition quickly.
- It’s an excellent trait for players who prioritize speed and mobility in their play style.
A unique trait of the Hunter archetype, Longshot increases the effective range of all weapons by 600 cm at level 10.
- This range extension can dramatically enhance the efficiency of your attacks, particularly for players who prefer ranged combat.
- By allowing you to engage enemies from a greater distance, Longshot can reduce the risk of damage, especially in encounters with powerful enemies.
Fortify is an exclusive trait of the Engineer archetype that bolsters the defensive capabilities of your armor by 50% at level 10.
- You can withstand more damage with Fortify, making you tougher in combat.
- It’s particularly useful in challenging encounters and boss fights, where the ability to absorb more damage can be critical to survival.
Best Unlockable Traits
Unlockable traits are those you can uncover while exploring the Remnant 2 world. You need to complete specific tasks to unlock them and might also miss them. They’re mostly unlocked after defeating bosses, undergoing events, or completing puzzles.
Arcane Strike is a powerful trait for those who prefer melee combat, improving Mod Power Generation from Melee Damage by a whopping 50% at level 10.
- Arcane Strike can significantly alter your gameplay, enabling you to trigger your Mod abilities more frequently, thus adding variety and flexibility to your combat strategies.
- Especially useful for players who love engaging in close combat and frequently use mods, Arcane Strike can be found at Losomn’s Harvester’s Reach by destroying all bone piles that spawn the large rat.
The Barkskin trait offers a general damage reduction, decreasing all incoming damage by 10% at level 10.
- Such a boost in defense can significantly affect survival, particularly in higher difficulty levels or during intense boss fights.
- With the Barkskin trait, you have a higher chance of surviving lethal blows, offering comprehensive protection.
- It can be found in Yaesha’s The Far Woods from Meidra.
Up next in our list of Remnant 2 best traits is Blood Bond. A specialized trait, Blood Bond allows your summoned entities to absorb 10% of damage taken by the caster at level 10.
- The trait can be a game-changer for players who use summons frequently, as it adds a new level of survivability by allowing your summons to act as a damage sponge.
- If you’re the kind of player who likes to use a “summoner” playstyle, Blood Bond can significantly improve your playstyle.
- It can be found as a reward for defeating the Root Nexus boss/event, possibly spawning in The Far Woods on Yaesha.
The Fitness trait enhances your Evade Distance by up to 30% at max level.
- The increased mobility can prove crucial during intense combat scenarios, where dodging enemy attacks becomes a matter of life and death.
- The enhanced evasion can make you a more elusive target, reducing the chances of getting hit and increasing your survival rate.
- Fitness is perfect for agile, hit-and-run playstyles and can be found in N’Erud’s Vault of the Formless.
Footwork is a unique trait that increases Movement Speed while Aiming by 50% at level 10.
- The trait is particularly beneficial for players who use ranged weapons, as it allows for more mobility while lining up your shots.
- The increased mobility can help you avoid incoming attacks while keeping your target in your sights, offering a significant advantage in combat.
- You can find Footwork in N’Erud’s Terminus Station during The Train Event.
Understanding Traits In Remnant 2
Traits are a crucial aspect of Remnant 2 that greatly influence your gameplay and character abilities. These can be thought of as the character’s inherent abilities or attributes, each having a unique effect on your gameplay. You can obtain traits by conquering bosses, fulfilling quests, or through other side activities as you explore the world.
Trait Points And Their Role
Trait points, on the other hand, are essentially a form of currency that allows you to equip traits outside of your selected Archetype.
- For example, even if your chosen archetype is Medic, you can still equip the Kinship trait (belonging to the Handler), but it will require you to expend trait points.
- To unlock this versatility, you need to first reach level 10 as a Handler (a prerequisite for unlocking the Kinship Trait as the Handler).
How To Find Traits In Remnant 2
Traits are not hard to find in Remnant 2. Here are the methods through which you can find Traits in the game:
- Watch for blue-shining objects on the ground while exploring various terrains in Remnant 2.
- These objects yield trait points when picked up.
- Defeating bosses is another way to earn trait points, as each victory is rewarded with a trait point along with a crafting item related to the defeated boss.
- To maximize your trait point accumulation, aim to find 60 out of the total 85 trait points and obtain the rest by leveling up your archetypes.
Re-Speccing Your Traits
There might come a time when you want to adjust your traits or try a new combination.
- You can respec your traits through Wallace, located in Ward 13.
- By exchanging three Lumenite Crystals and 2,500 Scraps, you can purchase the “Orb of Undoing” that allows you to reallocate your trait points.
Leveling Up Traits
Leveling up traits in Remnant 2 is an automatic process tied to your archetype. The equipped traits of your archetype level up each time the archetype levels up. Once a trait reaches level 10, it becomes available for use with any archetype but requires trait points to be utilized.
With that, you know all about the Remnant 2 best traits and the different types available for you! There are many options to choose from, and the fact that you can respec makes it easier to experiment with and create all sorts of builds.
You can explore other things in Remnant 2, such as the Shattered Gallery. You can also look for the Override Pin needed to gain exclusive awards. Alternatively, you can solve the Council Tribunal puzzle to get a powerful sword.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍