In Remnant 2, each class as you opt for it has some default perks and skills. While you get the basic one unlocked in the beginning, you can unlock the remaining for the best build of your class. Thus, the influence of equipping the best Weapons, Armor, Amulets, and Rings will always make a difference in how you play Remnant 2. That is why out of 11 classes in the game, I have listed the top 5 that you should try and run and gun with first.
- Author’s Note: With more than dozens of hours of experience in Remnant 2, I feel more than obliged to provide you with hands-on experience on the topic below.
All The Best Classes In Remnant 2
Here is an overview of the five best classes in Remnant 2 showcased with the best feature and playstyle of each one of these:
|Serial Number||Class Name||Best Feature||Best Playstyle|
|1||Handler||Dog companion that provides damage & buffs||Supports in multiplayer games; prefers teamwork in solo & coop|
|2||Hunter||Long-ranged damage ability and marking enemies||Precise attacks from a distance; focuses on enemies' weak spots|
|3||Challenger||Excellent survivability; uses melee weapons||Tanks enemies, best for close combat|
|4||Alchemist||Provides buffs and increases consumable duration||Surviving longer in combat & supporting teammates with buffs|
|5||Explorer||Helps in finding items & improves loot drops||Ideal for farming items and enhancing team's movement speed|
1. HandlerThe handler is easily one of the first and the best class in Remnant 2 that is best known because of a dog companion who helps to attack enemies in a fight providing damages and buffs to the team. Dog’s howl will increase the damage output.
Handler class acts as support in a multiplayer game and Teamwork is preferable by Handler in both solo and cooperative mode. You can unlock Handler Archetype in Remnant 2 by crafting the Silent Whistle. To do so, buy an old whistle by paying 1500 sparks to Mudtooth.
Handler Archetype will have Kinship Trait in Remnant 2. The level of Kinship Trait will upgrade automatically as the archetype upgrades.
Handler Archetype Perks
Handler Archetype has one prime perk and four unlocked perks. These perks will assist you with many benefits and effects in games.
- Pack Hunter: With this perk, you can get a 3% increase in damages provided that you are not so far from the dog. You can also unlock its upgrade once at Level 6.
- Spirit of the Wolf: With this perk, you can get a 10% increase in Movement speed. This is also helpful for allies near you, as you can give them an increased speed too. This can be upgraded once you’re at Level 7.
- Team Work: This is a valuable perk that allows the handler and their companion to revive more quickly.
- Best Friend: With this Handler’s perk, you can recharge Companion health simply by the use of Relic.
Handler Archetype Skills
- Guard Dog: When using this skill, a Companion will run behind you and threaten the enemy as you engage in combat. Also, the damage Handler will receive will reduce by 20%, greatly relieving.
- Support Dog: This skill helps you with healing as all the allies in the 3.5m range with you can be healed for 0.25% health.
- Attack Dog: Similarly to Guard Dog, when this skill is activated, the companion will automatically take part in your combats, dealing 20% damage to the enemies.
The Hunter class in Remnant 2 excels in long-ranged attacks, allowing precise targeting and enemy marking through the Hunter Archetype.
To unlock the Hunter Archetype, you must craft a Sniper War Medal, obtainable from Brabus at Ward 13 for 1500.
- The Hunter Archetype features the unique trait “Longshot,” which levels up automatically as you progress within the archetype.
Hunter Archetype Perks
There is one prime perk and four additional perks available.
- Dead Eye: Increases Ranged damage by 4% and boosts Weakspot Damage by 1.5%.
- Urgency: Killing an enemy grants a 15% reload speed increase for firearms lasting 3 seconds.
- Intuition: When using a Relic, extend the duration of active Hunter Skills by 5 seconds, with diminishing effectiveness after each use.
- Return to Sender: Enhances item looting for Hunters, increasing ammo drops by 25% upon scoring a critical hit and killing an enemy.
Hunter Archetype Skills
The Hunter Archetype offers three unique skills:
- Hunter’s Mark: Creates an Aura marking all enemies within a 35-meter range, boosting Ranged and Melee damage by 15% for 25 seconds.
- Hunter’s Focus: Heightens the Hunter’s senses, applying a mark to enemies when aiming at them for 0.01 seconds. Continual aiming without shooting for 1-second triggers a FOCUSED state.
- Hunter’s Shroud: Activating Shroud mode makes the Hunter less noticeable to enemies, increasing evasion while moving. Attacking, using a Mod or Skill, exits Shroud mode, marking nearby enemies and granting AMBUSH status for 2 seconds.
3. ChallengerThe Challenger build Archetype is well against enemies that get close to them during the fight. This class fully takes advantage of using the best Melee weapons to attack enemies in combat. Unfortunately, one drawback of Challenger is that it is difficult to beat bosses and flying enemies using Melee attacks.
The class possesses excellent survivability that makes it the best tank role Archetype. You can unlock Challenger when you craft Steel Enswell. An Old Metal tool in Remnant 2 is required for crafting Steel Enswell that you can have from Reggie by giving him 1,500 scraps.
Challenger Archetype has the best trait called Strong Back in Remnant 2.
Challenger Archetype Perks
The challenger class in Remnant 2 has four unique perks, each catered for playstyles such as Damage, Team support, Utility, and Relic-based perks.
This ability provides enemies within a radius of 10 meters with a damage boost of 3.5%. The bonus damage gradually decreases as the distance from the target increases beyond 20 meters. The degree of increase scales up as the Challenger Level increases.
Once a Challenger Skill is activated, any enemies within a 10-meter radius will deal 10% less damage for a duration of 15 seconds.
The increase in Stamina Cost for each weight bracket has been reduced by 50%.
Face of Danger
When utilizing a Relic within a 10-meter radius of an opponent, you will receive 2 Bulwark stacks for a duration of 10 seconds.
Challenger Archetype Skills
Here are three skills that you can use while running with the Challenger class in Remnant 2. Each skill has its own use, and you can not equip more than one, so choose wisely based on your build.
This ability creates a powerful tremor that inflicts 150 points of damage and causes additional staggering effects in a forward cone that extends up to 7.5 meters. At close range, it deals damage in all directions. The cooldown for this ability is 50 seconds.
The ability to become nearly unstoppable is gained, along with 3 stacks of Bulwark. This results in a 15% increase in movement and melee speed and a 50% increase in melee damage. The Stagger level is also reduced by 1, and the effects last 25 seconds.
When activated, this ability boosts your performance in combat by increasing your Fire Rate by 15%, Reload Speed by 20%, and Movement Speed by 10%. The effects last for 10 seconds.
The Alchemist class in Remnant 2 enhances your survivability and offers valuable buffs to you and your team. Its standout feature is bolstering protective capabilities and providing beneficial effects.
To unlock the Alchemist class, defeat Manticora during the “Manticora from the Drain” quest and collect Philosopher Stone Material. Craft the Philosopher Stone’s Engram using these materials.
The Alchemist Trait, known as “Potency,” will be introduced as part of the Alchemist Archetype in Remnant 2.
Here are the Alchemist Archetype perks:
- Liquid Courage: Upscaling with your Alchemist Level, enjoy a 2.5% damage boost.
- Panacea: Apply curative effects to all allies within a 15-meter radius, granting an additional resistance of 15.
- Gold to Lead: When collecting Scrap, there’s a 15% chance the Alchemist will also receive Ammo as a reward.
- Experimentalist: Using a Relic grants a random buff lasting 30 seconds, which cannot be overwritten.
The Alchemist Archetype offers three distinct skills:
- Stone Mist: Creates a mysterious vapor cloud for 10 seconds, applying Stoneskin. Stoneskin reduces incoming damage by 25%, accelerates Blight Buildup Decay, decreases Stagger by 1, and grants immunity to Status Effects for 15 seconds.
- Frenzy Dust: Generates a 10-second vapor cloud that induces frenzy, boosting Fire Rate, Reload Speed, Melee Speed by 20%, and Movement Speed by 15% for 15 seconds.
- Elixir of Life: Produces a 10-second vapor cloud with a Living Will. While active, it regenerates 5 health per second and protects against fatal damage. If downed, it can revive the user to full health, remaining active for 20 seconds.
5. ExplorerExplorer class is the final class that leads you to find important items. The main motive of the Explorer class is to get more items and improve loot drops. This class is best for use when looking into farms for different items and improving the movement speed of allies.
You can unlock Explorer by crafting Golden Compass. You can craft Golden Compass with the help of Broken Compass, which you will earn by killing Annihilation in Remnant 2 during the main story in Root Earth.
Swiftness is the special Trait of Explorer Archetype.
Explorer Archetype Perks
Similar to all other classes, this class also has some Perks that you can upgrade and boost your Explorer Archetype’s abilities.
Each Pickup you collect will boost the Damage you deal by 0.5% for 15 seconds. If you collect more Pickups, the boost duration will increase to a maximum of 60 seconds. You can collect a maximum of 5 Pickups to reach the maximum boost.
Boost the probability of Ammo, Currency, and Metal Drop Rate for the entire party by 10%.
The fragments of relics that the explorer has discovered are of a higher quality when dropped.
Using a Relic will immediately fill up your Scavenger Stacks and prevent any Stack Decay for a total of 15 seconds.
Explorer Archetype Skills
Similar to most class-based skills mentioned above, the Explorer’s Skills are more focused on survivability and helping the team find valuable items that could otherwise be missed.
This ability boosts the movement speed of all allies by 20% and significantly lowers the stamina cost by 80%. The effect lasts for 30 seconds and has a cooldown of 58.8 seconds.
Unearth a fountain from the ground and receive a random buff. These fountains remain for 45 seconds, while their buffs last for 15 seconds.
This ability enhances the Explorer’s perception of treasure, making it possible for all allies to locate special items within a 40-meter range. The effect of this ability lasts for 60 seconds.
What Is The Role of Classes In Remnant 2?In Remnant 2, classes are pivotal in shaping gameplay and player strategy. Each class comes equipped with its own set of default perks, skills, and traits, which can be unlocked and upgraded to enhance the player’s in-game abilities.
The choice of weapons, armor, amulets, and rings further customizes each class & shapes the experiences of the Remnant 2. From the Handler, which focuses on support and has a loyal dog companion, to the Explorer, which emphasizes finding valuable items, the classes dictate combat style, support abilities, and general gameplay approach.
Out of the 11 available classes, players can choose and tailor their gameplay according to their preferences and the challenges they face in the game’s vast universe.
This brings me to the end of Remnant 2 Best Class guide, where I have listed the top 5 ones in the game. Before you leave, consider reading Remnant 2 Probability Cord, Terminus Station, Revive Or Kill The Doe, and Nightfall Gun in Remnant 2 guides.
- Remnant 2: How To Unlock Starkiller Rifle
- Remnant 2: How To Defeat First Boss
- Remnant 2: How To Solve Lemark District Clock Puzzle
- Remnant 2: Stone Of Continuance
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍