Resident Evil 4 was an iconic masterpiece in Survival horror games. After 18 years of its release, Capcom is all set to release the remake of Resident Evil 4. Based on the trailer, pre-released gameplay, and interviews with the game’s developers, we have got covered you with everything we know so far about Resident Evil 4 Remake. In case you have not played the original game, there are spoilers ahead in our guide.
- The story is the same as the original game. The setting of the game may be reworked to tie in more closely with the Resident Evil Village.
- The combat of the game is refined according to modern standards.
- You can now attack enemies in stealth mode.
- The Knife has a lot of new features like parrying and stealth attacking. On the other hand, it has a durability bar to take care of.
- A new weapon, The Bolt Thrower is introduced.
- Quick Time Events are almost negligible.
- You can parry attacks in the middle of a fight.
- Controls are refined to give you intense gameplay. Also, you can now aim while moving.
- Ashley Graham has new features like opening doors and staying far apart.
- The Attache Case can now be customized.
- Resident Evil 4 is expected to include a number of side quests.
- The visuals of the game are improved significantly to give you a stunning gameplay.
- Resident Evil 4 might be available on VR.
- You will be able to get your hands on the game on March 24, 2023. It will be available on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, and Series S and on PC.
- The game is available in Standard, Deluxe, and Collector’s editions.
Story And Setting
The story and setting are the same as the original game. US Government agent Leon Scott Kennedy is sent to Rural Spain to rescue the US president’s daughter Ashley Graham who is kidnapped by a cult. As Leon, you fight a wave of mutants who are affected by a mind-controlling parasite called Plaga. An opening scene in the game shows Leon is experienced this as he dealt with the T-Virus in Resident Evil 2.
The setting of the game may be reworked to tie in more closely with the Resident Evil Village as you can see in the glimpses of Mother Miranda’s cult symbol from the village in the remake trailer. You may see an early version of Mother Miranda, as some of the content might be set 20 years before the events of the village and Plaga.
Resident Evil 4 Remake continues the legacy of its memorable combat with a few additions to make it more engaging. It will incorporate new close combat sequences like melee combat but will continue many features like Leon’s satisfying roundhouse kick.
You can now sneak up behind and take down opponents silently through Leon’s Knife, which is put through your opponent’s neck swiftly.
- By tapping the crouch button, you can creep around without making noise.
- Using this, you can avoid the attention of nearby villagers and gather resources before going to the next fight.
- This option is very useful in the Garrador Fight, where the boss senses your movement sound.
The iconic Leon’s knife is the favorite resort to opt for when you run out of ammo.
- In the remake, it is now more useful than ever.
- You can now use it to parry torches being thrown at you, arrows, and the claws from head-erupted parasites.
- Furthermore, you can also use it to take down enemies in stealth mode and defend them from grapple attacks.
The downside of the Knife is that now there is a durability bar attached to it that needs to be restored from time to time. From everything we know so far about Resident Evil 4 Remake, you will be using a new crafting system or trading through the infamous trade merchant to restore durability. Nevertheless, the new features of the knife convert it from a last-option tool to a defensive and finishing weapon on the ground.
From everything we know so far about the Resident Evil 4 Remake, the new parrying option makes the combat more action-focused. As Leon, now you can parry enemy attacks with your knife by resisting or defending attacks with a well-timed button press. Parrying is now almost limitless because while facing bosses like the Chainsaw Man, you can now take his chainsaw as well. This will give you a few seconds for escaping.
The controls in the remake are refined according to standards nowadays to enhance the intensity of the gameplay. One bonus improvement you get is that now you can aim while moving. Previously, you couldn’t move while shooting.
The Bolt Thrower
It is a new weapon added to the remake. Through the Bolt Thrower, you can kill enemies silently from a long range, making it ideal for the Garrador Boss Fight. You can shoot mines from far apart. Also, it will require various ammo types to craft.
Quick Time Events
From everything we know so far about the Resident Evil 4 Remake, the game will tone QTEs down. You would not be able to spam a button during a fight to avoid death. QTEs are almost negligible, there won’t be any prompts except for a few circumstances like defense from grapple attacks.
New Crafting System
Ammunition and herbs can now be crafted in the remake using the loot that you collect,
Initially, the RE4 was released in 2005. After this long duration, the game has gone through a large-scale visual makeover.
- You will find updated graphics and gorgeous gameplay.
- As you go through the opening scene, the woods look much thicker and creepier.
- Similarly, you will be finding visible aging of characters, moody lightening, and wetness to the gore of ripped-apart rabbits.
- All these factors will contribute to offering you stunning gameplay.
With regard to the attire of characters, Leon wears the same legendary bomber Jacket (You can order it online from Schott NYC). Ashley Graham is a little aged up and will be equipped with a modern style outfit.
- Furthermore, Ada Wong will now be wearing a wool dress instead of her classic red attire.
- Not to forget, Ramon Salazar will retain the same European styling with a little sober touch.
- Moreover, now you will be viewing fully animated cut screens that incorporate more depth into the characters.
Similar to the original game, you will find Ashley Graham in the middle of the game and rescue her from the mutants.
- Now Ashley will be able to open doors for Leon.
- Moreover, Leon will have the option to make her stay close or give her space to go ahead.
- Another great addition is that you do not have to monitor her health or give her herbs.
- She becomes incapacitated when something strikes her.
- At this moment, you only have to go and make her stand on her feet.
The remake will continue the memorable briefcase inventory system which is used to store items and ammunition, helping you in deciding what to keep or throw away.
- The new add-on you get is that you can customize the briefcase.
- You can choose a silver medal or a sleek black physical appearance for the Attache case.
- Moreover, you can attach up to 3 different charms, each having its own gameplay perk.
- For example, the chicken charm will make replenish your health to 100% when carrying an egg.
We expect many side quests in the game. From the gameplay, we found a blue piece of paper attached that gives a task to bring a rare gold chicken egg in return for 3 spindles. You can later sell those to a merchant.
Apart from the main changes mentioned above, there are a number of new additions to the layout of levels, how the infected villages look and move, and the overall visuals. Below are the minor changes from everything we know so far about the Resident Evil 4 Remake,
The chainsaw man will now be able to blindly attack the other villagers, often taking them out for you. Also, he can destroy elements in the environment.
The Dog In Resident Evil 4
In the original game, you save the dog, who also helps in a boss fight later. Sadly, you will find the dog dead in the game. The question is, how will the story cover up later in the boss fight where the dog initially helped?
Dynamism In Environment
There are a few tweaks in the environment, like now you can set the cattle ablaze in the barn by shooting the lantern above it. This sets the roasted beef into the mobs, taking all of them out at once. Moreover, you will be viewing a darker and bleaker environment. Also, you can freely fire cannons (where placed) at enemies or castles.
A new exciting feature in the game is that you can use the motorboat the explore the world. Initially, you used the motorboat only for the Del Lago Boss Fight. You may need to solve some puzzles to access some locations. In addition to this, there is a prompt to ready spears while riding the boat, which is an indication of enemies in the water. The remake is designed for you to explore and discover different places.
You do not have to worry about dropping items off due to limited space, as you can now store items on the typewriter.
These headless creatures are now more horrifying as now they can attach themselves to the air.
A teaser image at the end of Sony‘s state of play trailer reveals PlayStationVR2 is currently in development. We don’t know that the whole game or part of the story will be available on VR. Keep following our website to find out more.
You will be able to get your hands on the game on March 24, 2023. It will be available on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, and Series S and on PC. The remake on PS4 can be freely upgraded to PS5 if you can get the hardware changed. The game would not be available on Xbox One. Also, you can access the Chainsaw Demo on Steam, which was released on 9th March, if you have any of the above platforms. RE4 Remake comes in the following editions
- Standard Edition: This contains the game itself. If you preorder it, you will have access to the gold Attache case and an ammo charm. This version will cost you around 60 US dollars.
- Deluxe Edition: This 70 US dollar version will offer you an additional DLC Pack. This pack includes casual and romantic costumes for Leon and Ashley, Weapons like sectional Skull Shaker and the Sentinel Nine, an expansion treasure map, sporty glasses for Leon, and an original soundtrack swap.
- Collector’s Edition: A 250 US dollar edition that offers the product code for the DLC pack. Moreover, it will include physical goods like a steel back case, a fully digital soundtrack, an art book, a special map, a collector’s box, and an action figure of Leon. Furthermore, you will be getting a classic Attache case and a green herb charm along with the Attache case and charms of the standard edition.
Not to forget, you will be getting an additional mini soundtrack for the game if you pre-order the deluxe or standard edition on PS4 and PS5, along with the perks both of the edition offer.
Developers And Publishers
In 2021, the development of the remake began was begun by the Division 1 team Capcom. It was initially revealed on June 3, 2022. The lead directors of the game are Kazunori Kadoi and Yasuhiro Anpo, famous for the remake of Resident Evil 2. Capcom is all set to make the remake exciting by continuing the main storyline and adding new features up to the standard of 2023.
This marks the end of our guide. We have covered everything we know so far about the Resident Evil 4 Remake. Capcom is all set to revive our memories after 18 years by adding new surprises and new features to the exciting storylines. We hope our guide fulfills your curiosity about what the game will offer. You can also follow the game’s official Twitter for the latest updates and news. Make to follow our website for more content as the release date gets near.
- How RE4 Remake Improved From The Original game
- Is Resident Evil 4 Still A Perfect Shooter?
- Resident Evil 4 Remake System Requirements Revealed
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍