The Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Great Fairy Fountains are essentially mythical beings that make a return from the prequel, Breath of the Wild. These beings allow you to upgrade your gear to high levels, making the trouble of locating them highly worth it in the grand scheme of things. A few exceptions exist, as only specific armor from your inventory will be eligible for upgrades to a certain level. However, there are prerequisite quests you need to complete first to hunt down these Great Fairy Fountains across Hyrule.
- There are a total of Four Great Fountain Fairies in Tears of the Kingdom.
- These Great Fairies allow you to upgrade the armor of Link using a specific amount of Rupees and other important materials.
Great Fairy Fountain Tera is the first one you will discover whose quest can be started at the Woodland Stables.
- But first, players will likely need to complete a few dialogue instances with Penn and then meet up with a Musical band at the stables.
- You will need a horse that can tow a cart on its rear and repair it using your Ultrahand ability via the nearby parts in the area.
- The quest for the Great Fairy Fountain Kaysa can be started at the Outskirt Stable.
- Players will need to locate the band’s Flute player, Pyper, who can be found in a tree next to the Highland Stable.
- You must first complete a sub-quest by giving him 10 fireflies and bringing a little girl, Haite, to him from the nearby Stable.
- After returning to the Outskirt Stable, you will need to repair the large cart with the Zonai Wheels to ride across the rocky terrain to reach the location of the Great Fairy Kaysa.
- Great Fairy Mija can be accessed by talking to the band of musicians once again at the Snowfield Stable.
- You will first need to rescue the Horn player, Eustus, from a pit at a marked location near Hyrule Ridge.
- Players must build a hot-air balloon using Fire emitters and a fan capable of lifting Link and Eustus out of the pit.
- Now back at the Snowfield Stable, all you have to do is attach a roof to the escort wagon and take the musicians to the marked location of the Great Fairy Fountain, Mija.
- Great Fairy Fountain, Cotera requires you to journey to the Dueling Peak’s Stable, where you must recruit a drummer for the band.
- The drummer can be found near Kakariko Village and will request Honey found in forests around the area or from the previous Great Fairy Mija questline.
- After arriving back at the Stables, you must now build a boat big enough to carry everyone to the Bud of the Great Fairy Fountain Cotera from across the river.
- The boat parts can all be found near the band of musicians, so assemble it using your Ultrahand ability.
Great Fairy Tera
Before we dive into each of the Great Fairy Fountains, let’s go over where you need to go and what you need to do to initiate this search for the Fairies across Hyrule. To access the actual Locations of each Great Fairy Fountain on the map in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom, you will first need to complete a couple of sidequests featuring the Musician group known as the Stable Trotters.
- You will first need to talk to Penn at the Lookout Landing town, one of the early-game towns you visit, after which he will tell you to visit him at Lucky Clover Gazette.
- At the location shown above, you will eventually talk to him and his assistant, Traysi, who will mention locating Princess Zelda and the whereabouts of the Great Fountain Fairies.
- You need a horse capable of pulling a cart with the Muscians, so make sure to attach a towing harness first, which can be bought and equipped at any Stables for 3 Pony Points.
- You must now head to the Woodland Stables, Northeast of the Lookout Landing town, marked in the image above.
Repairing The Escort Wagon
When talking to the two musicians here alongside Penn, we soon learn new information about how the Great Fairies like to listen to music and request you to escort them to the nearby Great Fairy, Tera. But to do that, you must repair the nearby cart by attaching the wheels to it using the Ultrahand ability as demonstrated in the image above.
Once you have the cart all repaired, talk one more time to the Musicians to instruct them about an escort to the Great Fairy. You now need to travel up the hill in front of you where you can spot the large bud of the Great Fairy from a distance, but caution is advised here, as going too fast might stumble the cart with your passengers.
Upon reaching there, the Musicians will play a song, and the Great Fairy will come out of the bud. After which, the rest of the three Great Fairy fountains will be marked on your map, indicating that they’re found near stables.
Great Fairy Kaysa
The following Great Fairy Fountain is Kaysa, located towards the Southwest of the Lookout Landing at the Outskirt Stable. You will run into the Stable Trotters band once again, but this time, it seems like they’re in a bit of a problem, and it also concerns us regarding tracking down Great Fairy Kaysa nearby. This will initiate the questline “Serenade to Kaysa.”
Finding Pyper, The Flute Player
You will first need to locate the band’s missing flute player, a little boy named Pyper, to make the bud of the Great Fairy Kaysa blossom since she can only be accessed via that musical instrument.
- Pyper can be found at the Highland Stable, towards the Southeast of the Outskirt Stable, near the Faron Grasslands area, as shown in the image above.
- Here, you will immediately notice a tree nearby with a tune playing from it, and upon climbing it, you will be able to talk to Pyper, the band’s flute player.
- Before Pyper can head back, he will instruct you to catch 10 sunset fireflies for him to make the tree glow, prompting another sub-sidequest.
- You can find these fireflies through any means, but if you talk to Pyper again, he will give you a friendly tip that these fireflies can be found in the nearby Finra and Pagos Woods forest areas; they are both located towards the North of your current location.
- Furthermore, you can also find these sunset fireflies in Kakariko Village, which is a location most veteran players will know of since Breath of the Wild.
- Alternatively, you can buy these fireflies for a discounted price of 10 Rupees from Beedle, a traveling merchant who may occasionally run into you while on his journey to sell and trade items.
- Remember that you can only find these fireflies at the aforementioned locations during nighttime, so make sure to fast forward the time by resting.
- Upon handing these fireflies to Pyper, he will instruct one last task of bringing a little girl named Haite from the Stables “while it’s still dark.”
- You can find her inside the Stable whilst it’s nighttime, so talk to her and bring her outside to where Pyper is to continue on with the quest.
Repairing The Cart
Once you have returned to the Musicians at the Outskirt Stable, you will be informed about how you might get to the spot with the Great Fairy Fountain. Unfortunately, the path is blocked by rocks and a steep hill between it, and there seems to be no other way around it, but thankfully, we have the means to build a wagon to carry the musicians through these obstacles.
- As shown in the image above, you will spot a nearby unfinished cart with the big Zonai wheels, so simply attach the missing wheel as well as the small cart on it to accommodate the band of musicians.
- Do not forget to attach a Control Unit here, as you will need it to maneuver the trolley across the path.
- Carefully navigate through the rocky path, making sure you do not make any mistakes that may end up destroying the cart of passengers with Link.
- You’ll eventually reach the top of the Hill, where the Musicians will play the tune to summon the second Tears of the Kingdom Great Fairy Fountain in your playthrough.
Great Fairy Mija
You can start the quest to locate the Great Fairy Fountain Mija by heading towards the Snowfield Stable, and as the name implies, make sure to have warm clothing on hand to negate the freezing status before you head here. Talk to the band leader, Mastro, once again, and he will inform you about a missing Horn player that they need to awaken the Great Fairy Mija from her bud.
Rescuing Eustus, The Horn Player
- The missing Horn player, Eustas, can be found at a specific location between the Tabantha Bridge Stable in Hyrule Ridge and the Tabantha Frontier region.
- The exact location is essentially a large pit where Eustus is trapped, so glide down here and talk to him.
- This will begin the “The Hornist’s Dramatic Escape” sub-sidequest as you must devise a method to escape from the pit with Eustus.
- As demonstrated in the image above, you must gather materials nearby to make a hot-air balloon-like contraption that will lift the cart up and over the pit.
- Using the Flame Emitters on the cart will lift it upwards, along with a fan on the rear to give you a forward boost, so just make sure you have enough Zonai charges for building this invention and utilizing it.
- Once you get Eustus out of the pit, he will also give you a reward of 3x Courser Honey Bee for your efforts.
Head Back To The Snowfield Stable
- Now back in the Snowfield Stable, the Stable Trotters musical band will be ready to head to Great Fairy Mija, but first, you may need to equip the escort cart with a roof.
- Now simply make your way toward the Great Fairy Fountain Mija, which should be right up the path from the stables in the distance marked on your minimap.
- Lastly, travel along the left-side path as it will be the most straightforward one instead of the right which is filled with irregular rocky terrain.
- You will now have unlocked the third Great Fairy Fountain! One more to go.
Great Fairy Cotera
Finally, the last Great Fairy, Cotera’s quest, can be initiated at the Dueling Peaks’ Stable, located just a little south of Kakariko Village. Upon reaching here, the bandmaster, Mastro, will instruct you of the final band member they need, a drummer, starting the “Serenade to Cotera” quest. Thankfully, recruiting him should be pretty easy if you saved up the Courser Honey Bee from the Great Fairy Mija quest, as I mentioned.
Recruiting Beetz, The Drummer
- The exact location of Beetz the drummer is marked in the image above, which is direct to the South of Kakariko Village.
- There should be a small opening next to the road to his marked location, which will lead you to him standing outside of his tent.
- Beetz will request some Honey, and if you’ve followed the guide so far, we already have some from our previous ventures of tracking down the Great Fairy Mija.
- However, in the rare chance that you end up using the Honey, fret not, as you can quickly get some by exploring Kakariko Village or the forests around it.
- Once you have given Beetz the Honey, it is time to head back to the Dueling Peaks’ Stable, where you must complete one final task to reach the Great Fairy Fountain Cotera.
- As depicted in the image above, Cotera’s bud is located across the river, so you must assemble a boat using the nearby parts to carry the band of Musicians to her location.
- Build the boat exactly as the image, and if you have a few Zonai Charges, then you should be fine, as the distance to her location from across the river is relatively short.
- That should be the fourth and final Great Fairy Fountain location in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom.
Summing It Up
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom manages to triumph over its predecessor title. Both the critics and hardcore fans just can’t seem to get enough of this fantastic open-world game. Reading the Review of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom honestly solidifies it as one of the Best Nintendo Switch Games to play this year!
Among the various gameplay elements added here, you might be intrigued to learn brand-new aspects, such as How To Fuse Weapons, and unlock the newly introduced tool, the Paraglider. The limitless creativity of the game is sure to excite you, even if you’re someone who’s a new player and using a Beginner’s Guide.
For now, this wraps up our Tears of the Kingdom Fairy Fountains guide as it details their quest locations on the vast map of Hyrule. If you have any questions, then be sure to comment them down below! We hope you are enjoying your experience with the game so far!
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Master Mode
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Energy Cells
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Hookshot
- Tears of the Kingdom Best Weapons
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍