- The Elden Ring Steam page was updated behind the scenes, adding the DLC package within the files for the first time.
- The fans have speculated that it could be the awaited Shadow of the Erdtree DLC, but take it with a grain of salt.
- The change recorded by SteamDB suggests that the release date for the DLC could be announced soon.
Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree DLC has been awaited for a long time, but we have barely seen official updates from the devs for it. However, a new SteamDB update suggests that a release date for the expansion could be revealed in the near future. As spotted by the popular Elden Ring YouTuber ZioStorm on Twitter, a new game DLC package dubbed “SteamDB Unknown App 2778580” was added on Steam, as tracked by SteamDB.
Ziostorm concludes that there are pretty robust chances that this addition refers to the DLC. Such a change has only happened for the first time since the Souls-like came out on Steam. The other listed downloadable content includes the Elden Ring’s digital artbook and the original soundtrack, along with its Adventure Guide.
The community speculates that FromSoftware could be getting ready to announce more details about the Shadow of the Erdtree expansion. It was initially announced in February last year, causing the anticipation to climb every passing month since then. Regardless, the DLC is expected to launch in the next few months.
- 5 Elden Ring Mod Features FromSoftware NEEDS To Implement In Its Next Soulslike.
- FromSoftware Is Developing A New PS5 Exclusive, Suggests Rumor.
- Elden Ring’s Shadow Of The Erdtree DLC Should Take A Leaf Out Of The Old Hunters’ Book.
This is far from the first time a SteamDB change has caused an uproar in the game community since a similar pattern was noticed before the Colosseum update launched. However, we suggest taking the recent addition of the DLC package with a grain of salt. The FromSoftware producer Yasuhiro Kitao was questioned in December last year about the DLC. He replied that the Elden Ring DLC was still “a little ways off” but “progressing well.”
The award-winning souls-like launched to critical acclaim on February 25, 2022, for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, and PC. eXputer’s Abdul Haddi reviewed Elden Ring with a remarkable 5/5 score, lauding it for fun combat, gorgeous visuals, tough boss fights, and a monumental number of weapons.
Before exploring the harsh world of The Lands Between, I suggest reading our top 50 best Elden Ring weapons guide to have the best chances of survival. On another note, check out our short yet informative video on how to create the best Intelligence build in the RPG.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍