- Hogwarts Legacy has turned out to be one of the biggest releases of 2023, bringing to the table the first-ever AAA-grade game that’s based on the Harry Potter extended franchise.
- Although the game has been released for a multitude of platforms already, tracing its release back to the start of this year, the action RPG has yet to launch for the Nintendo Switch.
- Now that we’re nearing the November 14 landing day of Hogwarts Legacy for the Switch, the listing for the game on the official Nintendo Store has been updated with in-game screenshots.
Nintendo Switch fans will be able to get their hands on Hogwarts Legacy — one of 2023’s mega-releases sporting the open-world RPG genre — next month when the game makes landfall at long last. But before that, take a look at some of its in-game screenshots that have been updated alongside the game’s official listing on the Nintendo Store. A total of six images have been uploaded.
Another facet of the game that was picked up by fans from the Nintendo Store is that the listing mentions a 6.8 GB file size for Hogwarts Legacy. That’s a lot less than what the game’s other editions on the Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, and Steam comprise as their base size, which is somewhere around 80 GB. There is going to be a catch to this, and it’s most likely to come in the form of graphical diminutions.
Although the prospect is exciting for Switch fans, it’s worth mentioning that the Nintendo Switch has been subject to harsh critique as far as some of its recent video game releases are concerned. For starters, Mortal Kombat 1 has upset Switch fans over severely downgraded visuals. That is to the point where it’s easy to notice the drastic lack of polish and visual optimization for the Switch version of the fighter title.
Mortal Kombat 1 is an otherwise great game, packing a bigger and better punch than last time and putting up a highly engaging storyline as well, but as far as its performance on the Nintendo Switch is concerned, there’s not a lot to write home about, sadly. The fact that higher quality games require better hardware is one of the causes of the Switch underperforming, thus the need for a next-gen Nintendo console.
Other Content to Check Out:
- Sonic Superstars Confirmed To Run At 60 FPS On Nintendo Switch
- Nintendo Switch Rolls Over 129.53 Million Units; Tears Of The Kingdom Sells 18.51 Million Copies
- Hogwarts Legacy Ultra+ Mod Adds Global Illumination, Ray Traced Shadows, And More
I sure hope that when Hogwarts Legacy drops on the console at hand, which is pretty much not long from now, it truly is made capable enough to offer the true Hogwarts experience that you enjoy playing the title on other platforms. After all, it’s no wonder how this Wizarding World game adaptation has managed to make over $1 billion in sales and sell 256% higher than publisher WB Games’ expectations.
The Q1 launch of Hogwarts Legacy was the largest release of all time for Warner Bros. Games and is the best selling game year-to-date with over $1 billion in retail sales.”
And for those not in the know, a rumor of a Hogwarts Legacy sequel being in the works made rounds on the internet like wildfire last month, with a credible industry insider saying that sources close to him have confirmed the affair. There’s no shocker here, though, given how utterly successful the game has been within months of its release.
Hogwarts Legacy was released on February 10, 2023, for the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. In May, the action RPG was ported to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 as well. Come November 14, the Nintendo Switch will be joining the party as well. Here’s a dedicated write-up on the best Hogwarts Legacy spells to prepare yourself in advance if you’re a new player.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍