- A series of job listings by Hangar 13, notable for developing recent Mafia titles, have seemingly confirmed that development for Mafia 4 is going in full swing.
- There have been many rumors surrounding Mafia 4 and Mafia 5, with confirmation on one occasion of the next iteration starting its development.
- There have been no announcements as the game was thought to be in early development, but judging from the nearly 30 job vacancies within the past few weeks, the title might have made great progress.
- Still, this does not confirm anything, but seeing how much of what we know about Mafia 4 and 5 is based on rumors, this could be the best we have had yet.
A series of job listings by Hangar 13 strongly suggest that the next Mafia game is going strong in development. The studio has posted for around 30 job vacancies in the past few weeks, many of which claim to be for the next iteration in the Mafia series. Until now, the only official word we heard was seemingly from early development, with other questionable rumors here and there. So, this is considerable as it points towards great progress.
There are several of these job listings that mention different keywords for a “Mafia” game. For example, the listing for Senior AI Designer wants the developer to design “new archetypes that fit the vision of a Mafia game.” There are also three vacancies for a Senior 3D Environment Artist in multiple studio locations, all wanting a developer who can develop environments and contribute “to the new Mafia franchise game.”
Another interesting thing to point out is that both these and likely others, ask for experience with Unreal Engine 4 and 5. Previously, it was reported that Mafia 4 would be created on the Unreal Engine. Still, that information was taken from a job listing that did not mention Mafia but allegedly hid it as an “unannounced multi-platform game.” With the recent posts, we can confirm that Mafia will indeed be created on Unreal.
The older job post mentioned that the game was in pre-production, and now, with so many vacancies, it seems like the game is doing well. Bloomberg also reported in mid-2022 that the studio wants to get Mafia 5 greenlit during the development process of Mafia 4, which is excellent news for fans of the series. After all these rumors and findings, the only thing that we need is an official announcement.
- Starfield Player Showcases Game’s Incredible Physics With The Domino Effect
- Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty Shoots Its Way To GeForce Now
- Final Fantasy 14 Xbox Series X|S Open Beta Launch Window Confirmed By Square Enix
Mafia is one of the most popular action-adventure series initially created by 2K Czech. However, since the third installment, the games have been developed by Hangar 13 and will likely continue for the next few iterations. Each Mafia entry has been well-received by the fans for its powerful characters, nuanced story-telling, and stunning visuals, hence the high anticipations for the next game.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍