- Dragon’s Dogma 2 is an extremely anticipated new JRPG by Capcom, hitting shelves in March this year.
- Two new of the game’s vocations, or classes, have been detailed by the developers in separate videos.
- The Theif and Fighter vocations each bring their own unique touch to the title’s gameplay.
It’s RPG heaven ‘o clock in recent times, with the likes of Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Baldur’s Gate 3, and now Dragon’s Dogma 2 to look forward to. Ahead of Capcom’s greatly anticipated sequel to the first Dragon’s Dogma from 2012, which the dev really wanted to make a sequel of right after, two new classes, or vocations as the title likes to coin it, have been detailed with separate trailers—the Thief and the Fighter.
The first one is apparently rooted deep in the balanced type of character class, a reliable option, especially for beginners, who’d like to strike the perfect equilibrium between defense and offense. I see the Fighter becoming the go-to vocation for a swath of players, but, of course, those with a different type of taste are free to try out everything else that Dragon’s Dogma 2 has to offer.
The Fighter vocation excels in melee combat, deftly wielding a sword and shield. Fighters can slice through enemy ranks and deliver powerful blows, while also using their shields to protect themselves and their allies,” describes Capcom.
As for the second class, Capcom Germany took the liberty of uploading this trailer, and honestly, the vocation at hand looks quite stunning, with terrific armor sets on display and a great set of abilities of the Thief vocation that seem both fun and challenging to pull off in real-time. The attention to detail in gameplay is also perceivable, i.e. how the Cyclops makes a bridge with his body when falling instead of glitching through the ground.
In other news, Capcom released another video on its official YouTube handle, releasing the first part of its Dragon’s Dogma 2 back-to-basics series. Give that a watch if you need to catch up on the story of the forthcoming RPG, while also learning about the combat fundamentals.
Related Content to Check Out:
- “Fast Travel Is For Bland Games” Is A Bold Claim, Can Dragon’s Dogma 2 Back It Up?
- Dragon’s Dogma 2 Rumored To Only Support Up To 30 FPS On Consoles
- Dragon’s Dogma 2 Devs Thought Of The Best Ideas When Sleep Deprived
The game is coming out on March 22, 2024, for the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC, following its initial announcement by Capcom in 2022.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍