- Payday 3 has already been wishlisted by over 1.5 million Steam users before its release.
- It was able to gain over 500,000 new wishlists on the store within three months time period.
- The game launches on Sep 21, 2023. It will be available on Linux, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, and PC.
Payday 3 has already been wishlisted by over 1.5 million players before its release. It is a huge milestone that showcases how popular the sequel is to one of the most beloved franchises among gamers. The @EmbracerInvest Twitter page initially spotted the feat. Embracer Group and Starbreeze Entertainment jointly confirmed that the anticipated entry climbed the 1.5 million player threshold in early August.
That's up from 1m in January.
— EmbracerInvestor (@EmbracerInvest) August 17, 2023
It is quite a surprise to see the game rise through the echelons of the Steam platform so swiftly among other big names. To put things into perspective, Payday 3 only recently hit the one million wishlist milestone on the platform back in May. The title was able to gain over 500,000 new wishlists on the store within three months time period.
- Payday 3 Devs Hid The Game’s “Stealth” Trailer So Well, Nobody Could Find It For 5 Days.
- Payday 3’s Release Date Leak Says It’s Coming In September.
- Embracer Group Plans To Release Up To 19 AAA Titles In The Next 3 Years.
To compare it with other entries on Steam, it is currently just below the top 5th spot of the top-wishlisted games, retaining its place in the sixth spot. A medieval strategy game called Mannerlords and Hades 2 is outshining it at the moment. However, Payday 3 also overshadows some awaited titles like City: Skylines 2, Frostpunk 2, and Stalker 2.
At the moment, Starfield and Hollow Knight: Silksong is fighting for the top spot. Starfield has dominated the top place for a while and will likely stay there because of immense hype. Regardless, the total wishlists for Payday 3 will likely climb rapidly like never before as it gets closer to release.
Payday 3 is an adrenaline-inducing co-op first-person shooter that seeks to follow in the steps of the first two titles. It is also planning to bring a massive number of improvements along the way to stand out. It will feature the Denuvo DRM anti-tampering tech to curb cheaters. A release date trailer confirmed the game launches on Sep 21, 2023. It will be available on Linux, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, and PC.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍