- Starfield gets review-bombed after winning the Most Innovative Gameplay award at the Steam Awards 2023.
- The winners of the Steam Awards were decided based on community votes.
- Starfield currently has over 90,000 mixed reviews on its Steam Store page.
Bethesda‘s Starfield has been review-bombed with negative reviews on Steam following its controversial win of the Most Innovative Gameplay award at the Steam Awards 2023. A Twitter/X user, PeterOvo, pointed out a few negative reviews of Starfield. These negative reviews were mostly posted out of spite, as the game recently won the Most Innovative Gameplay award at the Steam Awards 2023.
More negative Starfield reviews on Steam because it won the most innovative gameplay award.
Some people, led by some big YouTubers, can't accept the fact that there are people out there who love and enjoy Starfield. pic.twitter.com/Ao20eBCZxj
— PeterOvo (@PeterOvo5) January 6, 2024
Starfield has also received a multitude of negative reviews recently on Steam, citing different reasons. It now has a total of over 90,000 mixed reviews on its Steam Store page. A while ago, Bethesda customer service was found replying to negative reviews of the game, trying to convince the players that Starfield is better than they think.
- 2023 Ends With Starfield As The Most-Played RPG, Not Baldur’s Gate 3
- Starfield Design Director Responds To Criticism; Says Players Are Disconnected From Reality
- Bethesda Promises New Features For Starfield In 2024
Despite the recent negative reviews, Starfield was reportedly the most-played RPG of 2023, beating Baldur’s Gate 3, 2023’s Game of the Year. Starfield was also nominated for the Best Role Playing Game at The Game Awards 2023. Bethesda’s latest RPG winning the award for Most Innovative Gameplay had met with some controversy, alongside Red Dead Redemption 2 winning the Labor of Love award at Steam Awards 2023 despite not receiving any updates for years.
Starfield came out on Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, and PC on September 6, 2023. eXputer has rated the space RPG 3.5/5, praising the game’s visual appeal, deep character customization, and spacecraft customization. The game falls behind due to its forgettable main questline, uneven space combat, and clunky UI.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍