- Tekken 8 has topped the UK boxed sale charts in its launch week.
- The game has sold about twice as many physical copies as Street Fighter 6 on its launch last year.
- Tekken 8 has also surpassed Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth to secure the top spot.
Bandai Namco’s Tekken 8 has topped UK physical sales in its launch week, beating Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. As reported by Christopher Dring, GI.Biz’s head, Tekken 8’s physical sales are twice as much compared to Capcom’s Street Fighter 6 which came out last year. Note that Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth launched on the same day as Tekken 8, but only secured the 2nd spot in the UK physical sales chart.
Last year I was surprised at how low Street Fighter 6’s UK sales were at physical retail (it did fine digitally). I wondered if it was a genre trend, but Tekken 8’s UK physical sales are good, and more than double the launch of SF6. So… who knows? Maybe it was the competition
— Christopher Dring (@Chris_Dring) January 29, 2024
The latest Tekken game had a great launch, surpassing the peak player count record set by its predecessors by almost hitting 50k concurrent player count on Steam. Tekken 7 had a peak player count of 18,966, which was achieved seven years ago. Tekken 8 also made it to Steam’s top-selling games list, earning itself a number 5 spot. The UK sales chart and the numbers on SteamDB show that the game is doing well physically and digitally.
On the other hand, Capcom revealed that Street Fighter 6 had sold over 3 million copies by January 2024. The latest addition to the Street Fighter franchise was launched on June 2, 2023. Street Fighter 6 also managed to hit 70k concurrent players on Steam following its launch.
- Tekken 8 Director Says Tifa Is Attractive; Has Yet to Decide On Guest Characters
- Tekken 8 Has Already Blown Past Its Predecessor’s Peak Player Count On PC
- Instead Of Kiryu, Tekken 8 Should Feature Majima Goro As Guest Character
Bandai Namco released the latest installment of Tekken on January 26, 2024, for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, and PC. eXputer gave Tekken 8 a 5.0/5.0 rating in its review, praising the narrative and gameplay. The new mechanics and beginner-friendly approach make it an incredibly easy game to get into for beginners.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍