- In early 2022, insider Nick Baker from XboxEra revealed that one of ZeniMax’s studios was working on a real-time strategy game called “Wormwood.”
- A week after the release of The Elder Scrolls: Castles, Nick has confirmed through the same sources that this mobile game is the project Wormwood discussed previously.
- Despite the insider’s credible past, fans should take this with a grain of salt as it has not been officially confirmed.
Recently, Bethesda quietly released its mobile game, The Elder Scrolls: Castles, which, according to insider Nick Baker, is project Wormwood that was rumoured last year (timestamp – 2:52:23). In February 2023, Nick first disclosed this project in the XboxEra podcast and described it as a real-time strategy game by one of ZeniMax’s studios. It should be noted that both these rumours come from one of his sources, so take it with a grain of salt.
Going into more details about project Wormwood, even at the time of the first leak, Nick said that he had been waiting for more information and expected a couple more things. Initially, he heard from his sources that it was a turn-based game, but was later re-informed that it is more of a real-time strategy game, similar to Age of Empires.
In the most recent episode of the XboxEra podcast, Nick revealed that after The Elder Scrolls: Castles was unveiled, he contacted the same sources to see whether this was the same project Wormwood and received a positive response. Although this doesn’t tell much about the game, it has tied one loose end as fans had grown eager to see what Wormwood referred to.
For the uninitiated, The Elder Scrolls: Castles is available in early access only on Android. Unfortunately, the game is unavailable outside Canada and the US, but that may change after the early access period. For those who have played 2015’s Fallout Shelter, the game might seem very similar, but it is still realms apart, not just in terms of the IP, but also feels much more than a simple fantasy game.
- The Elder Scrolls 6 Will Be An Xbox Exclusive
- The Elder Scrolls Online Becomes 9th Best-Selling Entry On Steam As It Goes On A Massive Sale
- The Elder Scrolls 6 Xbox Exclusivity Is Difficult To Nail Down, Says Phil Spencer
The Elder Scrolls: Castles was released on September 28, 2023, and is expected to arrive on iOS sometime in the future, similar to how Fallout Shelter was released on iOS first and then Android. However, an official word hasn’t been given regarding its platforms.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍