- It seems like 343 Industries is already starting its work on the next major Halo project. The studio has recently started publishing new job listings that seek devs for the next title in the series.
- The listing for the Studio Art Director wants the hiree to oversee a high-performing art organization and to define the creative and artistic vision for Halo’s future game experiences.
- The other ads for the devs also reference the unannounced Halo project but keep the details well hidden for the time. The positions are also seeking support for Halo Infinite to add more content to it.
- It is best to take the rumors of the next game with a grain of salt. The devs could just be sought to replace the devs who were laid off or may want to continue working on Halo Infinite for years to come.
343 Industries has seemingly started hiring for the next Halo entry. It has been publishing some job listings that are related to an unannounced game in the series. The ads for new open positions have been posted on the official Microsoft career page. The studio is currently seeking a few figures for its secretive project and wants to craft the “next generation of games and experiences in the Halo universe” alongside the new devs.
The team is seeking a Studio Art Director who will be responsible for overseeing a high-performing art organization that delivers indelible experiences aligned with each project’s vision. In other words, the hiree has to turn the artistic visions behind the title into reality in the game alongside their team. This role will be under the Halo team —as stated explicitly in the job description and will work alongside the devs for the next game.
Collaborate with 343’s Studio Design Director, Executive Producers, and other key stakeholders to define the creative and artistic vision for Halo’s future game experiences.”
- Halo Infinite Has Lost Nearly 98% Of Its Peak Concurrent Player Count On Steam.
- Extremely Dedicated Halo Player Spends 4 Weeks, 16 Hours Daily To Reach The Ultimate Rank.
- New Halo Infinite Game Modes Allegedly In Development; New Imagery Surfaced.
The second open position is for a Scrum master for the Halo team. It is a methodology followed by some development teams to deliver software faster and consistently by breaking larger problems into smaller chunks. 343 Industries wants to secure a dev for the role to drive strategic changes to the overall development process. This listing is more related to Halo Infinite but also talks about building future game experiences.
You will work directly with Producers, Engineers, Designers, and Artists to drive strategic change to our process framework. You will ship efficient, fast, empowering game development processes to the Halo Infinite team.”
Another job listing for the Principal Software Engineering Manager also references the next generation of games and experiences in the award-winning sci-fi universe.
The community has taken notice of the new ads, and anticipations around the new entry have already formed. However, the team could just be hired to replace the devs it has lost through layoffs. And the details are quite vague regarding the next generation of Halo titles at the current juncture. We suggest taking the rumors with a massive pinch of salt since it may take nearly half a decade before we see Master Chief in another installment.
Halo Infinite has seen its fair share of ups and downs, and the studio behind it has also suffered plenty of layoffs and hurdles along the way. Hence, the devs’ hiring of new talent is nothing short of good news for the loyal Halo fans. Whether the new devs result in the next major Halo title —like the rumors and evidence in the listings suggest— or the recent title gets more support, we can expect a brighter future for the franchise.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍