- The new PlayStation 5 system software update has added many accessibility features and support for a larger-capacity M.2 SSD. You can now store up to 8TB worth of titles in the huge storage.
- The new accessibility features allow disabled gamers to use two controllers as if they were one. Two controllers can be used to help your friends or play games together.
- Haptic feedback effects can now be used in the PS5 system with supported controllers. Sony has also added new support for compatible Dolby Atmos-enabled audio devices.
- Many new social features have been added that serve as quality-of-life changes to PS5 users. Moreover, voice commands have been improved, and players can search for games from their libraries.
Sony is constantly pushing to make the PlayStation 5 a smoother and more dynamic venture for its large player base. Its latest system software update intends to do just that. A slew of new accessibility options have been added alongside many other improvements for different PS5 features. The console now officially supports larger capacity M.2 SSDs, jumping from the low limit of 4 TB to 8 TB in a single update.
New PS5 system software update rolls out globally today:
☑️ New accessibility features
☑️ Support for compatible @Dolby Atmos-enabled audio devices
☑️ Social feature enhancements
☑️ PS Remote Play support on additional Android devices
— PlayStation (@PlayStation) September 13, 2023
The newly added accessibility features will make it possible for disabled users to utilize two controllers as if they were one. Each account can have an assist controller to operate your PlayStation 5 console with two controllers. This accessibility feature provides a new way for us to enjoy titles together with others. But it can also be used to help a friend or child trek through a particularly tough part of a game.
The assist controller can only be used if your primary controller is a DualSense or DualSense Edge wireless controller or a PS5-supported third-party controller. The update also adds system UI haptic feedback effects while navigating the PlayStation 5 with your DualSense or DualSense Edge controller or PS VR2 Sense controller. This accessibility option can be fruitful for gamers who are short of sight or hearing or simply improve immersion.
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Is Currently The Best PlayStation 5 Game Of All Time On Metacritic.
- Spider-Man 2-Themed PlayStation 5 And Controller Can Be Bought Separately.
- PlayStation 5 Sells More Units Than PS4 In First 29 Months Since Respective Launch.
While accessibility features may steal most of the spotlight, the new support for compatible Dolby Atmos-enabled audio devices is one of the best additions in the new system update. The feature will allow users to tap into even more dynamic levels of audio immersion in the PlayStation 5 games.
3D Audio powered by Tempest 3D AudioTech can now be enjoyed by those who own compatible Dolby Atmos-enabled HDMI devices such as soundbars, TVs or home theater systems.”
To further seal the deal, Sony has also brought PS Remote Play support on more Android devices. The service allows us to stream all sorts of games from PS5 or PS4 consoles to other devices. It includes iOS and Android smartphones and tablets, PCs, and Macs — over the internet or the home network. In other words, it is as simple as lying on your bed and playing your favorite titles instead of sitting in the living room.
While already available for some users with accounts registered from the US or UK, the voice commands have been greatly enhanced in the latest update. Saying the phrase, “Hey PlayStation, help,” will activate help content, and navigation is possible between help content pages. Similarly, saying, “Hey PlayStation, what’s new,” will plop open the newest PlayStation 5 features and the current PlayStation Plus monthly games lineup.
A plethora of social features are added in the new PS5 update to smoothen the user experience further. Now players can be invited to a closed party without automatically adding the player to the group or creating a new group. Whole groups can be invited instead of a single-player only.
The activities section is also laden with many new features. Sony has finally made it possible for players to search for games within their PlayStation 5 libraries. The update was initially released for some beta testers at the beginning of August in select countries, but now it has been rolled out worldwide.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍