- Microsoft CEO thinks Xbox can be a “good publisher” on Sony, Nintendo, PCs, and Xbox.
- Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision Blizzard King was successfully completed in October 2023.
- The acquisition has opened many new doors for Microsoft, and Satya Nadella intends to expand upon those opportunities.
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella revealed in an interview with Bloomberg that he thinks they have a “chance of being a good publisher” on all platforms, including Nintendo Switch and PlayStation, following Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision Blizzard King. Note that Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision Blizzard King successfully came to an end in October 2023.
For reference, skip to 20:58 in the following video.
During the interview, Satya Nadella said,
We love gaming. In fact, Microsoft Flight Simulator was born even before Windows. But, we were number three, number four. And now with Activision, I think we have a chance of being a good publisher, quite frankly, on Sony, Nintendo, PCs, and Xbox.”
Satya Nadella expressed his excitement about the acquisition closing in smoothly. Judging from the statement, it appears that Microsoft’s CEO is looking towards expanding their business as a “good publisher,” and not just on Xbox and PCs, but PlayStation and Nintendo Switch as well. Before the acquisition, Microsoft focused primarily on Xbox and PCs.
- Microsoft President Claims CMA Was “Tough And Fair” Over Activision Deal
- Microsoft May Offer Access To Xbox Game Pass In Exchange For Viewing Ads
- Insomniac Games Cannot Develop Sunset Overdrive 2 Because Of Microsoft
From what we’ve seen so far, Microsoft is going to make its name shine even bigger in the gaming industry. Last year, Phil Spencer also said that he wanted PlayStation and Nintendo users to be part of the Xbox community. It won’t be a surprise if we see studios owned by Xbox publishing games on other platforms as well as on Xbox and PCs.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍