A Summon in Crisis Core Reunion FFVII is a divine entity or monster that can aid players in fighting enemies in battle. The game boasts many mighty entities that the player can summon. These summonses are very useful and can turn the tide of battle in many situations.
- Crisis Core Reunion has powerful entities that you can summon.
- These entities are split into DMW Summon Mode and DMW Chocobo Mode.
- DMW Summon Mode is much more powerful than DMW Chocobo Mode, as it hits every enemy.
- These summonses can be unlocked by clearing various missions in the game.
- Summons provide an edge in battle and can be the difference between life and death.
What Are Summons
A Summon can appear in the DMW (Digital Mind Wave) at random and execute their limit breaks. Their limit breaks are all unique in their own way, and each provides different benefits.
- There are 2 different summon types in Crisis Core Reunion.
DMW – Summon Mode
When your DMW Goes into Summon Mode, one of these strong entities can appear to lend your their aid. Their attacks will hit every enemy you are fighting.
In Wutai, players will encounter Ifrit. Beat him and then fight him again in Mission 1-1-1: Rematch with Ifrit to unlock Ifrit as a summon.
Ifrit will execute Hellfire, incinerating and dealing massive damage to every enemy.
Phoenix can be obtained as soon as you enter Nibelheim in the story. Talk to the kid at the start of the area who will tell you about red water in the city. After this, climb up the water tower to obtain the Phoenix materia.
Phoenix will execute Rebirth Flame, dealing good damage to every enemy. Rebirth Flame also gives you a Phoenix Down effect, which revives you with full HP in case you die.
In Chapter 2 of the story, players will have to defeat Bahamut. After this, players will have to fight him again in the mission M8-1-4: Rematch with Bahamut to unlock him as a summon.
Bahamut will execute Megaflare, ascending into space and firing a gigantic blast toward the enemies, dealing high damage.
Odin can be obtained as a summon by clearing mission 8-1-6. It is required to clear missions 8-1-1 to 8-1-5 to unlock 8-1-6.
Odin can execute Zantetsuken. He can end most enemies in 1 hit with this move by slicing them in half.
To unlock Bahamut Fury, you are required to clear a series of missions.
- First of all, you must clear missions 8-4-1 to 8-4-6.
- This will unlock mission series 8-5-1. Complete all missions until 8-5-6.
- In mission 8-5-6, unlock the chest at the northwest part of the arena to unlock Bahamut Fury.
Bahamut is able to execute Exaflare. Bahamut will fire a gigantic blast through the meteor that can end most enemies in a single hit.
DMW – Chocobo Mode
When your DMW goes into Chocobo Mode, these creatures can appear to provide you with their aid.
Upon completion of mission 8-4-1, you will unlock the Chocobo as a summon.
Chocobo can execute Chocobo Stomp. Zack and the Chocobo both will attack the enemies with a powerful stomp kick.
Complete mission 8-4-3 to unlock Cait Sith as a summon.
Caith Sith will execute Courage Boost.
- It is an incredibly powerful ability that makes you invulnerable to physical and magical damage.
- Reduces AP and MP costs to 0.
- Grants Endure, which makes you not stagger when you get hit.
- Grants Barrier and MBarrier, which reduces physical and magical damage taken, respectively.
- Cures Poison and Silence effects.
Complete mission 8-4-4 to unlock Moogle as a summon.
Moogle will execute Moogle Power, boosting the power of your equipped materia and granting Zack a regen.
Complete mission 10-1-6 to unlock Master Tonberry as a summon. You are required to complete missions 6-1-1 to 6-1-6 to unlock mission series 10-1.
Master Tonberry can execute Murderous Intent. It will run towards Zack in an attempt to stab him but trip over in the process. After tripping, he will let go of his knife and stab the enemy you are targeting, dealing decent damage.
The Magic Pot is unlocked by encountering it in mission Mission 10-1-3. You can also find it in missions 2-2-6, 2-5-4, 2-5-5, and 7-6-6. The Magic Pot will want you to please it by executing some materia. For a detailed way how to get Magic Pot, check out our guide.
Magic Pot can execute Item Mugger. It grants you many useful items in the heat of battle, depending on the level of the limit break.
- Level 1 Limit Break Libra, Graviga, Drain, Curaga.
- Level 2 Limit Break Iron Bangle, Titanium Bangle, Carbon Bangle, Platinum Bangle.
- Level 3 Limit Break Kaiser Knuckles, Shinra Beta+, Royal Crown, Crystal Orb
- Level 4 Limit Break Elixir x5, Elixir x10, Phoenix Down x1, Phoenix Down x3.
- Level 5 Limit Break Ribbon, Gold Rolling Pin x1, Gold Rolling Pin x3, Gold Rolling Pin x5
Complete mission 10-1-6 to unlock Cactuar as a summon. To unlock the mission series 10-1, defeat the Kactuar in the Northern area of mission 3-1-3. For a detailed way how to get Cactuar as a summon, check out our guide.
Cactuar will execute 1,000 Needles, barraging the targetted enemy with highly damaging needles.
Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core Reunion is the latest part of the FFVII Project by Square Enix. It improves upon the original Crisis Core on PSP in many ways, including overhauled combat, enhanced graphics, and updated voice-overs and music. It is a must-play for every avid Final Fantasy fan.
There you have it; with our guide on summons in Crisis Core Reunion, you will have each of the best summonses in the game and be able to destroy all enemies easily.
Check out our Buster Sword Stats and Changes guide if you wish to get better at the game’s combat. Learning all about the best materia is also important for being a good player. Also, knowing the best ways to reach max level in Crisis Core Reunion is also incredibly important.
- Crisis Core Reunion Materia Fusion List
- Crisis Core Reunion Wutai Spies
- Crisis Core Reunion How To Beat Perfume Blending
- Crisis Core Reunion How To Make Flower Wagons For Aerith
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍