Strongholds in Diablo 4 are demon-occupied areas that players need to clear out to progress. These events are indicated on the mini-map by a red skull icon.
- Strongholds in Diablo 4 are demon-occupied areas that players need to clear out to progress.
- Each Stronghold has its own distinct storyline, objectives, puzzles, and bosses, and they are unique to their location.
- After the successful completion of a Stronghold, it becomes a public space where players can see other players.
- Strongholds offer more than just loot and experience; players can earn Renown Points, unlock new dungeons and quests, and gain access to new NPCs and vendors by completing them.
- At present, there are only three Strongholds available in Diablo 4, and all of them are located in the Fractured Peaks region of Sanctuary.
- Malnok Stronghold: Malnok is situated east of Kyovashad, which is the central city in Fractured Peaks.
- Kor Dragan Stronghold: The Kor Dragan Stronghold is situated in the northern part of the Fractured Peaks, above Menestad.
- Nostrava Stronghold: The Nostrava Stronghold is located west of Kyovashad
- To complete each Stronghold, players need to defeat bosses and complete objectives, such as destroying demonic effigies or eliminating enemy forces.
- Once a Stronghold is completed, players need to light the Wanderer’s Shrine to turn it into a public space.
- Players can expect to encounter more Strongholds in the other four Regions of Diablo 4: Hawezar, Dry Steppes, Scosglen, and Kehjistan.
What Are Strongholds In Diablo 4?Strongholds in Diablo 4 are specific spots within the game world of Sanctuary that have been overtaken by evil forces. Each Stronghold has its own distinct storyline, objectives, puzzles, and bosses, and they are unique to their location. To clear out these enemy-infested areas, players must work together to eliminate the evil presence.
After the successful completion of a Stronghold, it becomes a public space where players can see other players. Strongholds are marked on the map with a red skull icon, and players need to explore the map to find them. Fractured Peaks, the starting area of the game, currently has three known Strongholds. I
Rewards In Strongholds
Completing Strongholds in Diablo 4 offers more than just loot and experience. Renown Points are earned for the area where the Stronghold is located, with players receiving 50 points per completion based on beta reports.
Fully completing a Stronghold can also unlock new rewards, such as:
- New Dungeons
- NPCs to talk to
In some cases, Strongholds may offer a new path to:
- Other areas
- New vendors
- Altars of Lilith.
Location Of All Strongholds In Diablo 4
At present, there are only three Strongholds available in Diablo 4, and all of them are located in the Fractured Peaks region of Sanctuary. Players can identify them on the map by their skull icons.
However, as the game’s full version is released, players can expect to encounter more Strongholds in the other four Regions of Diablo 4: Hawezar, Dry Steppes, Scosglen, and Kehjistan.
In Diablo 4, Fractured Peaks is a region in the world of Sanctuary that is situated to the south of Scosglen, north of Hawezar, and to the east of the Dry Steppes, where all these three Strongholds are:
Malnok StrongholdMalnok Stronghold is situated east of Kyovashad, which is the central city in Fractured Peaks in Diablo 4.
- Players need to travel to the center of Malnok to find the source of the storm.
- The objective is to defeat all the Ice Clan Stormcallers marked with a skull icon on the map.
- After eliminating the Stormcallers, players must return to the center of Malnok and defeat the remaining members of the Ice Clan.
- The final boss to defeat is Frosthorn, the Ice Clan Champion.
- Once Frosthorn is defeated, players need to light the Wanderer’s Shrine marked with a diamond icon on the map to turn the Stronghold into a public space.
Kor Dragan StrongholdThe Kor Dragan Stronghold is situated in the northern part of the Fractured Peaks, above Menestad.
- The entrance of the Stronghold is located in the southwestern area.
- Cleanse the vampiric corruption, which is represented by large red orbs, by destroying the smaller branching orbs first.
- Eliminate the lesser vampiric corruption and then attack the original. Note that defeating the larger orbs will unleash a boss.
- The Vampiric Aberration is located in the northern part of the Stronghold and must be destroyed.
- The archives contain the final boss, Nilcar, the Forgotten Bishop.
- Light the Wanderer’s Shrine, marked on the map by a diamond, to open up the Stronghold for public use.
Nostrava StrongholdThe Nostrava Stronghold is located west of Kyovashad in Diablo 4.
- Speak with the Priestess in the chapel to start the event.
- Defeat the attacking villagers.
- Destroy all five Demonic Effigies found inside the homes in the village.
- Return to the chapel to fight Negala, Torvala, and Kozira.
- Light the Wanderer’s Shrine to finish the Stronghold event.
As said before, players can expect to see more Strongholds as the new regions are released with the full version of Diablo 4. Choosing a class can sometimes be pretty difficult; read our guide on All Classes to find out your best fit. However, if you still can’t figure it out, read our guide on Diablo 4 Class Tier List and choose the best class.
- Diablo 4: Best Solo Class
- Diablo 4: BEST Rogue Build
- Diablo 4: BEST Barbarian Build
- Diablo 4: BEST Druid Build
- BEST Diablo 4 Sorceress
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍