Elden Ring’s Claymore has always been one of the best Quality Weapons and Greatswords. Not only is it easy to obtain it as soon as you start your playthrough, but infusing the weapon with Ashes Of War makes the Claymore even deadlier in both PVP and PVE.
- Claymore is located in Castle Morne which is present in the Weeping Peninsula region of the game.
- One of the best factors of the weapon is that it is flexible in most situations as it can be equipped with almost
- After entering the castle using the elevator, circle around the enemies and climb up the ladder.
- Immediately after climbing up, make a jump from the tent that is in front of the player.
- Next, enter the room in front and turn left where a treasure chest containing Claymore will be present.
- Claymore’s best build involves utilizing the weapon with a Quality infusion.
- Claymore becomes a deadly weapon with the quality infusion once the player put enough points in both dexterity and strength additionally.
- Use the Claw Talisman, Starscoruge Heirloom, Dragoncrest Greatshield Talisman, and Prosthesis Wearer Heirloom.
- Flame, Grant Me Strength is a great incantation for greatsword builds.
- Mix the Green Burst and Spiked Cracked Crystal Tears in Wondrous Physick.
Here’s a build summary that revolves around the Claymore in Elden Ring:
|Weapon Infusion||Talismans||Wondrous Physick Mix||Spell|
|Quality Claymore||- Claw Talisman|
- Starscourge Heirloom
- Dragoncrest Greatshield Talisman
- Prosthesis Wearer Heirloom
|- Green Burst Crystal Tear|
- Spiked Cracked Crystal Tear
|Flame, Grant Me Strength|
Location Of Claymore
Claymore can be obtained as soon as you enter Limgrave.
- Make your way to Weeping Peninsula which is located on the South side of Limgrave.
- Next, go to Castle Morne which is located at the bottom part of the map.
- Take the elevator at the location shown in the image above and you should arrive at the entrance of Castle Morne.
- When you enter the castle do not engage in any combat with the enemies around.
- Circle around the enemies and look for a ladder.
When you circle around the enemies, you will come across a ladder shown in the image above. If you get confused about the location of the ladder, then consult the map shown above. Additionally, you can crouch your way here from the entrance avoiding all combat encounters in your way.
When you climb up the ladder, you will come across a tent right in front of you. Here, you are supposed to jump down in order to reach Claymore.
After jumping down from the tent, enter the room right in front of you. Immediately after entering, turn to your left and you will come across a chest. Open up the chest and the game will reward you with a Claymore!
- Obviously, there are multiple ways of approaching this chest containing Claymore, however, our method is the safest approach that avoids any or all combat.
Best Build For Claymore
Moving on, here’s a quick look at the Scaling and Requirements for the Claymore
- Weapon Infusion: Quality Claymore
- Talismans: Claw Talisman, Starscourge Heirloom, Dragoncrest Greatshield Talisman, and Prosthesis Wearer Heirloom
- Wondrous Physick Mix: Green Burst Crystal Tear and Spiked Cracked Crystal Tear
- Spells: Flame, Grant Me Strength
- The Claymore shines the best with a quality infusion and you can decide on the Ash Of War of your choice once you obtain the Iron Whetblade.
- The quality build of Claymore is popular in the Souls Community as well as seen from this subreddit post.
- The quality infusion eats away at the base damage of Claymore and may even make the weapon a bit less useful for the early game however it will work out during the mid and late game.
- Once you have enough points in both dexterity and strength, the Claymore will become an absolute menace in both PVP and PVE.
- Claw Talisman is going to strengthen our jump attacks and now the greatsword aka Claymore will deal both more physical damage and poise to enemies.
- Starscourge Heirloom will help increase our strength stat by 5 points and such talismans that increase stats are really helpful for a quality build.
- Similar to the Starscourge Heirloom, Prothesis Wearer Heirloom will boost our dexterity stat by 5 levels.
- Lastly, the Dragoncrest Greastshield Talisman greatly increases our physical defense which is extremely useful to beat some powerful endgame bosses like Malenia using a greatsword.
- It really depends on the player if they want to use a spell or an incantation for their Claymore build, however, it is not necessary to put points in either intelligence or faith.
- However, Flame, Grant Me Strength is a really useful incantation for greatsword builds or any build in general, as it boosts our physical damage greatly.
Wondrous Physick Mix
- Claymore is a greatsword and will quickly eat your stamina with only a few attacks which is why we’re using the Green Burst Crystal Tear to boost our stamina recovery in the game.
- Charged attacks from Claymore hit really hard and they will hit harder with the help of the Spiked Cracked Crystal Tear in our Wondrous Physick mix.
Stats To Level Up
- Both Dexterity and Strength stats should be your main priority to level up since we’re running a quality build with our Claymore.
- Next, you should focus on your vitality and stamina alongside the stats mentioned above.
- Lastly, level up faith or intelligence only if you’re using any spell or incantation.
Elden Ring is the best RPG that one can experience and it comes with Fromsoftware’s best boss fights, art direction, weapon variety, and music. You can create various builds in the game including becoming a Sorcerer or a straight-up Samurai that uses his bleed weapons to destroy enemies. You can even use spirit summons to help you out in boss encounters and co-op is still present in the game like other Fromsosftware titles.
This concludes our guide on Elden Ring’s Claymore weapon. We have entailed the exact location of the weapon and the method of reaching it with stealth from the entrance of Castle Morne. The best build for Claymore has also been mentioned. We hope that the guide was helpful in learning everything that you need to know about the weapon. Let us know what you think about Elden Ring in the comments below!
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍