In FF16 Cid is a major supporting character. His real name is Cidolfus Telamon and he is the dominant of the Eikon Ramuh. In addition, Cid is always depicted as a tech-savvy character in Final Fantasy games, and FF16 is no exception.
Who Is Cid In FF16
- Cidolfus Telamon is the dominant of Ramuh and a major supporting character in FF16.
- Out of all Eikons in FF16, Ramuh is depicted as the wisest one, as per tradition in Final Fantasy.
- In addition, he can also join the player’s party as an AI-controlled member.
- Many Final Fantasy games since FF2 have featured a character named Cid, with notable examples being FF14 and FF7.
- Cid’s character has always been the tech-savvy and genius archetype, and FF16 is no different.
Story Background Of Cid In FF16
- Cidolfus Telamon, also known as Cid, is a former soldier turned outlaw.
- He desires to create a place where Dominants and Bearers can pass away on their own terms.
- In addition, he is extremely intelligent and uses his intellect to find a way to survive in the deadlands.
- Using the power of his Eikon Ramuh, he rose through the ranks of the Royal Waloeder Army.
- Cid is voiced by Ralph Ineson in the English dub of FF16.
- In addition, FF16 Cid is voiced by Hiroshi Shirokuma in the Japanese dub.
Cid’s Hideaway In FF16
- After completing the fifth main quest called “Hide, Hideaway”, players will unlock the hub area called Cid’s Hideaway.
- Here, players can engage in a variety of activities, such as training their combos or crafting gear.
Crafting & Upgrading Equipment
- At The Black Hammer, players can craft new items or upgrade existing ones by talking to Blackthorne.
- Players will regularly visit this NPC, as obtaining the best weapons is vital in overcoming the many challenges present in FF16.
- At Cid’s Hideaway in FF16, players can start the practice mode by interacting with the glowing stone called Arete Stone.
- The Arete Stone is in The Great Hall. In addition, it is indicated by a stone with 3 tiny holes on the map.
- Players can practice their combos and find the highest damaging ones in this mode.
- In addition, the Arcade Mode also allows players to compare their scores against other players on the leaderboard.
- Also, players can initiate time attack fights where they must defeat a horde of enemies and an Eikon in a limited amount of time.
- Just like in Final Fantasy XIV, Hunts also appear in FF16.
- Players can check the Hunt Board to find various creatures to hunt down.
- Killing the mentioned creatures will allow players to gain renown points and other rewards.
Spending Renown Points
- Players can spend Renown Points at The Patron’s Whisper to obtain multiple rewards in Cid’s Hideaway.
- As mentioned above, players can obtain Renown Points by completing Hunts.
- Players can listen to various themes composed masterfully by Soken at the Orchestrion.
- It is present toward the south of The Ale Hall in Cid’s Hideaway.
- On the map, it is indicated by an Orchestrion icon.
- At Charon’s Toll, players can purchase various new weapons, items, and armor.
- In addition, players can also sell the items that they are not currently using.
What I Think Of Cid
Without spoiling anything, I would’ve loved it if FF16 provided a much more in-depth background story to Cid. Sure, I love him as a Mentor to Clive, and the way Ralph Ineson just adds a gnarly tone to his voice makes fans like me love him even more. Even after I’ve platinumed the game with over 80+ hours, there’s so much that can be still explored with Cid’s character, hopefully with a future DLC or expansion.
And there you have it, with the FF16 Cid guide. You will know all about Cid and his various activities throughout Final Fantasy 16.
Make sure you check the guide to learn about how the battle system works. Also, here are the best tips for new players who are just getting used to Eikon slaying. Lastly, here is a guide on ability points and how to use them in the most optimal way.
- Final Fantasy 16: Eikonic Challenge Mode
- Final Fantasy 16 All Editions
- Final Fantasy 16: Voice Actors
- FF16 Joshua Rosfield
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍