Taking down hunt targets in Final Fantasy 16 can earn you beneficial valuables. One of them is Dozmare the Griffin as a part of the side quest Blacksmith Blues. Finding the FF16 Griffin’s location and defeating him requires some skills due to Dozmare’s challenging tactics.
What Is The Griffin Creature In Final Fantasy 16?
Dozzmare the Griffin is a B-rank Notorious mark waiting for you to be hunted down. He is located between Lostwing and Caer Novent near a castle wall. Discovering FF16 Griffin’s location and defeating him might be tiresome, but it will get you many rewards.
How To Start Blacksmith’s Blues Side Quest?
You can start the Blacksmith’s Blues sidequest by:
- Talking to August at the Hideaway.
- He guides you to Blackthrone at the Black Hammer,
- He tells you Blackthrone is going through a rough time.
- Then you are asked to consult Nektar the Moggle about any Griffin sightings.
- This will unlock Griffin B-Rated Hunt.
- You would only have access to Hunt Board once half of the campaign has been completed.
- After acquiring the Hunt Board, finish off the Black Light Burns quest,
- Afterward, you can see Blacksmith Blues Side Quest on the map.
Locating the Griffin hunt is a part of this quest which you complete to earn some extra rewards. This task involves finding the FF16 Griffin location and a leatherworker who wants to harvest his materials.
Dozmare Griffin Location
The Dozmare is located near the West gate in Caer Novent. The quest directs you to use the Hunt Board, but you will not have any quest marker, making it challenging to find the Griffin. Here is how you can find the FF16 Griffin location.
- Go to Lostwig in the Holy Empire of Sambeque through Teleportation, as shown in the image above.
- Find the giant gate by traveling South East.
- You will find many enemies en route, but they will be easy to beat.
- Cross the bridge and find a large gate.
- Go towards the right of it, crossing the grassy fields.
- A cutscene starts where Griffin appears from the top of the wall and descends to the ground.
- The fight with Griffin starts.
Strategies To Defeat Dozmare The Griffin
Beating the Griffin is difficult if you have not fought with it before in FF16. Griffin uses three types of attacks at you, and here’s you can escape from them.
- When Dozmare enters the air with a light effect beneath it, you will be attacked by an AOE wind spell.
- This can also be predicted by dust whips around Clive. Double doge it backward to escape.
- Griffin will lunge at you when he goes aerial without any light or wind below it. Simply dodge or shift away from your position.
- When Griffin flies in circles, he will strike a special attack on you in which a ring of energy is cast upon you when he is about to land, press dodge, and escape from the ripple’s range.
Since you know Griffin’s mechanics, immediately strike it as soon as you dodge these attacks. Charge during the cooldown periods of the Griffin as he misses its attacks. In this way, you will save your health and efforts. Use all your abilities and combos to fight it. There will be an injured man named Kamil beside the fight arena. Talk to him and return to Blackthorne in the Black Hammer to finish the quest.
Upon completion, you get 250 EXP (you can earn more if you have Scholar’s Spectacles), 10 Curiosity and Renown, and a Drakeslayer’s Belt Design Draft. Through these, you can craft more effectively at the Blacksmith. In addition, you get closer to earning the two trophies affiliated with the Notorious marks: Think, Mark! And Hunter, Haunted.
So here is all to find the Final Fantasy 16 Griffin Location and how to defeat it. Though difficult it may seem to defeat Griffin due to its complex tactics, you can easily beat it by following the strategies above.
Side quests like these in the game are amusing to complete and can get you amazing rewards. Furthermore, effectively defeat your enemies by knowing the FF16’s Best Weapons. Also, ace the storyline by learning all the beginner tips for FF16.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍