- Phil Spencer spoke to IGN in a new interview and said that we will hear more from Square Enix about Final Fantasy 16 and Final Fantasy 7 Remake, but he will not force the conglomerate to rush things.
- The CEO says the company needs to find its rhythm. He has been working out business deals with the giant conglomerate and also paid visits to Yoshi-P in Japan for this purpose.
- We may see Final Fantasy 16 and Final Fantasy 7 Remake arriving on the Xbox ecosystem in the future, but nothing has been confirmed yet.
Phil Spencer and Square Enix are collaboratively planning to bring many Final Fantasy titles onto the Xbox ecosystem. And the CEO of the Xbox brand has provided another major update on the suspected Final Fantasy 16 and Final Fantasy 7 Remake Xbox versions. In a new Interview with IGN at the Gamescom event this year, Phil noted that the fans will eventually hear more about them, but he will not force Square Enix to rush things.
So you’ll hear more. I’m not going to push them. They’re going to have to find their own rhythm. But having them make a commitment to Xbox was really important both to me, and I’ve heard it from the community, to the community as well. And 14 was more of a commitment,” said Phil Spencer.
Phil seemed to tease that Square Enix projects are on the way for the Xbox Series consoles but did not confirm the existence of Final Fantasy 16 and Final Fantasy 7 Remake versions. He further affirms that it features great titles that have recently failed to be on the Xbox ecosystem.
I recognise that when people buy an Xbox, they want to make sure the great games that they want to play are coming. If there’s any publisher out there where that hasn’t been true, Square’s one of the top.”
- Final Fantasy 16’s Development Started With 3 People; Ended Up With Over 300.
- How Final Fantasy 16’s Lore Could Be Improved By Combining It With The FFXIV Universe.
- Square Enix Plans To Strengthen In-House Development As It Considers Remasters Of Old Titles.
He clarified that he and Sarah Bond had visited Square Enix in Japan to sort things out in business deals and discuss future plans. He said that business deals and games need to get worked through before they can arrive on Xbox. In other words, conversations are indeed in progress, and we will likely see more Final Fantasy titles landing on the shores of Xbox consoles.
I’ll say it was really great to have the CEO of Square and Yoshi there to just talk about their commitment to Xbox.”
Phil Spencer feels it is a really meaningful step for Xbox to actively engage with Square Enix and strengthen relationships. He also previously stated that Xbox looks forward to partnering with Square Enix on future games. All in all, we could see Final Fantasy 16 releasing on Xbox Series consoles and even PC eventually after the timed-exclusivity with PlayStation 5 comes to a halt in the near future.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍