The Honkai Star Rail Damaged Music Box is a captivating item that piques the interest of players as they explore the expansive world of Honkai: Star Rail. This mysterious object is tied to a hidden quest that revolves around two sisters whose story unfolds in the abandoned Rivet Town. In this guide, I have provided a concise overview of the Damaged Music Box, detailing the essential steps to obtain and utilize it, as well as revealing its connection to a popular video game easter egg.
How To Start The Hidden Quest
To begin the hidden quest involving the Honkai Star Rail Damaged Music Box, you’ll first need to find the younger sister in Rivet Town. She plays a pivotal role in initiating the quest line, and interacting with her will set you on the path to uncovering the secrets behind the music box.
Here’s how you can find and speak to the younger sister:
- Start at the Calyx Bud of Erudition, located at the bottom of the map.
- Ascend the nearby staircase, keeping an eye out for golden sparkles near a metal fence.
- Interact with these sparkles to initiate a conversation with the younger sister, who speaks to you through the window.
By following these steps, you’ll successfully start the hidden quest and immerse yourself in the intriguing storyline surrounding the Damaged Music Box in Honkai: Star Rail.
Obtaining The Damaged Music Box
To obtain the Damaged Music Box, you’ll first need to defeat the Warp Trotter. This enemy is found in the eastern corner of the map and must be vanquished to collect the required item.
Here’s how to defeat the Warp Trotter in Honkai Star Rail:
- Teleport to the Stagnant Shadow or the Abandoned Market Space Anchor.
- Travel southeast to find the Warp Trotter.
- Engage and defeat the enemy before it has a chance to flee.
Collecting The Dirty Ribbon Tied to a Bell
Once the Warp Trotter is defeated, you can collect the Dirty Ribbon Tied to a Bell, an item that is crucial for obtaining the Damaged Music Box.
Follow these steps to collect the ribbon:
- Loot the defeated Warp Trotter.
- Ensure the Dirty Ribbon Tied to a Bell is in your inventory.
Returning The Ribbon
With the Dirty Ribbon Tied to a Bell in hand, you can now go back to the younger sister in Rivet Town to get the Damaged Music Box.
Here’s how to return the ribbon to the younger sister:
- Head back to the younger sister’s window in Rivet Town, where you first spoke with her.
- Initiate a conversation and hand over the Dirty Ribbon Tied to a Bell.
- Receive the Damaged Music Box as a reward for completing this part of the quest.
By following these steps, you’ll successfully obtain the Damaged Music Box, setting you on the path to complete the remaining objectives in this intriguing hidden quest.
Using The Damaged Music Box
Now that you have the Damaged Music Box, the next step is to find the older sister and return it to her. To locate the older sister, follow these instructions:
- Teleport to a different zone and then return to Rivet Town to trigger the older sister’s spawn.
- Head to the area where you defeated the Warp Trotter.
- Look for the Anxious Woman standing near a dumpster.
Returning The Damaged Music Box
Once you’ve found the older sister, you can now return the Damaged Music Box to her:
- Initiate a conversation with the Anxious Woman.
- Hand over the Damaged Music Box during the dialogue.
- Witness the older sister’s reaction and disappearance.
Upon returning the Damaged Music Box to the older sister, you will be rewarded with a Praise of High Morals and unlock the Outworlder Achievement.
Receive a Praise of High Morals from the older sister as a token of gratitude. Complete the Outworlder Achievement, which rewards you with five Stellar Jades.
By following these steps, you will successfully use the Damaged Music Box and reap the rewards associated with this hidden quest in Honkai Star Rail.
Crossover Quest Easter Egg
For fans of both Honkai Star Rail and Bloodborne, the Damaged Music Box questline bears a striking resemblance to a side mission in Bloodborne, making it an Easter Egg that many players are excited to discover. Here’s an explanation of the connection between the two games:
- In Bloodborne, there’s a mission involving Father Gascoigne, a boss, and his daughter.
- The daughter talks to the player through a window, just like the younger sister in Honkai Star Rail.
- The daughter gives the player a music box, which can be used to weaken Father Gascoigne and make defeating him easier.
The similarities in the quest structure, the use of a music box, and the interaction through a window all point to a clever nod from Honkai Star Rail’s developers to Bloodborne. By including this Easter Egg, they’ve managed to create a memorable experience for players familiar with both games while also providing an intriguing side quest for those new to the Bloodborne universe.
In conclusion, the Honkai Star Rail Damaged Music Box questline offers an engaging experience filled with emotion and a Bloodborne Easter Egg. By following this guide, players can successfully navigate the hidden quest and earn the Praise of High Morals and the Outworlder Achievement, creating a memorable gaming moment.
Why not take a look at the Honkai Star Rail Best Builds guide while you’re here? The guide offers suggestions for the optimal builds for the best five-star characters and four-star characters as well.
- Honkai Star Rail: How To Reach Equilibrium Level 2
- Honkai Star Rail: Road To Revival Mission
- Honkai Star Rail Echo Of War Bosses
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍