The Child of Darkness is a special Challenge for the Hunter that players can access in Marvel’s Midnight Suns. It provides players with three Legendary rewards: the Midnight Sun combat suit, the Shadowstalker passive ability, and the Bladestorm card. The mission does require some strategizing, though. So, if you find yourself stuck, fret not! This guide will take you through the complete steps required to finish the mission.
How To Unlock Child Of Darkness
Marvel’s Midnight Suns feature special Challenges for each of the characters in the game. These Challenges can be played when the friendship level of that Hero has been maxed out. The first of these Challenges that can be unlocked is the Hunter’s “Child of Darkness.”
Players can unlock this Challenge once they have sufficiently upgraded The Forge. Once done, they can go up to the Anvil and interact with it. From there, select Challenges. Here, players will see the Hunter, Child of Darkness challenge.
The objective of the Challenge is to destroy the crystal by knocking enemies into it. These enemies are called Whispers of Memory. Moreover, the Challenge has certain stipulations:
- The Hunter is the only Hero that players can use in the Challenge.
- There are infinite Card Plays.
- The character cannot move, redraw cards, or use combat items.
- If the turn ends or no more cards are left, the objective fails.
The mission uses the Charge, Whip, and finally, the Bladestorm card. Players will have the first card at the start, while the other two will be picked up by defeating enemies. However, all of these cards make use of the Knockback mechanic, where they hurl enemies in a specific direction. As such, players have to use these cards on enemies in a specific order to progress.
How To Complete Child Of Darkness
To simplify the procedure, we have numbered each of the enemies, as shown in the picture below.Players now just have to follow the steps provided below with pictures to complete the Challenge and claim those rewards!
- Use Charge on enemy 1. Knock them back in the direction shown but do not KO them by knocking them into any object. This enemy is of the most importance to us since we will eventually use them to destroy the crystal.
- Use Charge on enemy 2. Knock them into the wall behind to instantly KO them. Doing so will grant players an additional Charge card.
- Use Charge on enemy 1. Knock them in the direction shown between the rubble to get them closer to the crystal. However, as before, do not KO them by hurling them into an object.
- Use Charge on enemy 3. Knock them into the wall behind to instantly KO them. This will grant players the Whip card. The Whip card will be essential since it will let us make the final blow to the red crystal.
- Use Charge on enemy 1 for the third time. Knock them in the direction shown towards the crystal. Once again, though, do not KO them. This uses up our last card and perfectly sets up the enemy for the final move.
- Use Whip on enemy 1. Knock them into the red crystal as shown. The Whip card performs a Forceful Knockback which will be enough to shatter the crystal and KO the enemy. Finally, the enemy will drop a Bladestorm card. This is a Legendary card that damages and does a Forceful Knockback on each enemy in an area. Moreover, another purple crystal will spawn behind the player.
- Use Bladestorm on the newly-spawned purple crystal. This will destroy the crystal and finally complete the Challenge.
As the first Challenge players get access to, the Child Of Darkness provides a bunch of exciting bonuses. It has three rewards:
- Legendary Combat Suit for the Hunter: Midnight Suns
- Legendary Passive Ability: Shadowstalker
- Legendary Heroic Card: Bladestorm
The suit is a fine black-and-gold costume that many players will enjoy having in their wardrobe. Aside from this, the passive ability, Shadowstalker, lets players gain Concealed once per encounter by redrawing a Hunter card. Lastly, the Bladestorm card is an area-of-effect ability that does Damage and Forceful Knockback on all enemies trapped within its radius.
With this, players will be able to complete the Child of Darkness challenge for the Hunter in Marvel’s Midnight Suns and reap all the rewards it offers. Let us know how this worked for you and if you found a better way to get through the mission!
Conversely, if you prefer exploration in Midnight Suns, you might want to explore different Havens found in The Abbey!
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍