Resident Evil 4 Remake finally came out with an update that grants players the ability to get their hands on the Mercenaries modes, and with that also comes the RE4 Remake Mercenaries Unlock players might need help figuring out which characters and rewards are made available!
- The Mercenaries Mode is a new mode that has been added to Resident Evil 4 Remake that has players fight in 3 stages and fight enemies under a time limit.
- There are a total of 4 characters that players can play as in the Mercenaries Mode, including Leon, Luis, Hunk, and Krauser.
- Leon has weapons like the SG-09 R, Riot Gun, Stingray, as well as Knife to use.
- Luis has weapons such as the Red9, SR-M1903, and the Boot Knife.
- As far as Krauser is concerned, he is equipped with two weapons such s the Fighting Knife and the TMP.
- Hunk has weapons like the LE5 and Boot Knife.
- With the stages, there are three stages, which include the Village, Castle as well as Island stage.
- Players can get their hands on the Handcannon Weapon after they get an S rank or higher by finishing all 3 stages.
- Players should make use of the special abilities to their advantage.
- Learning attack patterns, grabbing the time orbs, and mastering each character available to you is one of the few ways players can gain a higher score.
- Players need to get 0 points for a C score, 50000 points to get B, 100000 to get an A, 200000 points to get an S rank, 500000 for an S+ ranking, and one million points to get the legendary S++ ranking.
We have curated a Mercenaries mode video guide so make sure you watch that as well:
Handcannon Weapon Reward
Now, when it comes to getting rewards from the RE4 Remake Mercenaries Unlock, players can first get their hands on the Handcannon weapon.
- If players were to unlock the weapons by itself by playing through the main storyline, players would need to complete it by beating the main story on professional difficulty, which is not only extremely time-consuming, but it requires an intense amount of skill to do so.
- Other than that, payers would also need to spend 9-15 hours grinding out the main story so that they can unlock the Handcannon.
- However, if players want to unlock the Handcannon weapon as an RE4 Remake Mercenaries Rewards faster, then the Mercenaries Mode is the perfect solution.
- Players will need to spend a maximum of 1-2 hours grinding out the mercenaries mode, through which they can then unlock the weapon, and it ends up saving them a ton of time.
The main way that players can unlock the Handcannon is that they will need to score an S rank or an even higher score by completing all 3 stages that are made available to the players in the mercenaries mode.
- After the weapon has been unlocked, players can buy the weapon in the Extra Content Shop by spending a total of 1000 CP, and after that, the weapon can be used in the main campaign as well.
Now, when it comes to the Handcannon, it is a magnum-type weapon, and it contains magnum ammo. When it comes to its base stats, they are listed as follows.
|Rate Of Fire||0.52|
Other than this, players can also gain access to its specific upgrades once they get to unlock and get access to the weapon. There are a total of 5 levels that players can achieve, whereby the weapon ends up being maxed out completely.
For power, players can access 5 levels, after which they can max this upgrade out.
- At level 1, players will have a base power of 12, and in order to further upgrade it to level 2, they will need to spend a total of 40000.
- While being at level 2, the power upgrade is set to 18, and to take it further to level 3, players need to spend 50000.
- At Level 3, the power is set to 24, and to take it to Level 4, players will need to spare 90000.
- At level 4, the power is 30, while maxing it out will require players to spend a total of 120000, which can get pretty expensive on its own.
- The level 5 power is set to 36.
The same can be said for Ammo Capacity, which has its max levels set to five.
- At level one, the ammo capacity has been set to 5, and players will need to spend about 10000 in order to take it up to level 2.
- At level 2, players have their ammo capacity set to 6, while taking it to level 3 will require 15000.
- At level 3, the ammo capacity will be 7, while taking it to level 4 will require players to spend 20000.
- While being at level 4, the Ammo Capacity is 8, and maxing it out will require 25000.
- The max amount of Ammo capacity will be at level 5, with it being 9.
Rate Of Fire
Moving on, the next upgrade that players are able to carry out is Rate Of Fire, and its max levels are described below.
- At level 1, the rate of fire is set to 0.52, and if players want to upgrade it to level 2, then they need to spend 10000.
- At level 2, the rate of fire will be 0.55, and in order to bump it up to level 3, players can spend up to 15000.
- While being at level 3, the rate of fire will end up being 0.58, and to move it up to level 4, 20000 needs to be spent.
- At level 4, it is 0.61, and if players are to max it out, then they need to spend at least 25000.
- At level 5, the rate of fire will be set to 0.65.
Last but not least, the final upgrade is Rate Of Fire, and it has a max of 5 levels too.
- At level 1, the Reload Speed is set to 1; to level it further, players can spend 15000.
- At level 2, reload speed is 2, and to bump it up further, players spend 20000.
- While being at level 3, the speed will be 3, and leveling it to level 4 will require 25000.
- At level 4, players can expect the reload speed to be 4, and maxing it out to 5 will require 25000.
Moving on, let’s take a look at the four characters that players can use in RE4 Remake Mercenaries Unlock.
Kicking things off, we have Leon, who is essentially the default unit, and players don’t need to unlock him.
- Leon is made pretty useful in nearly all stages that he is thrown into, whether it is the village, the castle, or the Island, and he is able to handle all kinds of enemies.
- Leon is equipped with Mayhem Mode, which essentially grants him an increased attack strength as well as increased attack speed, but this also means that it is incredibly difficult to use and it requires a lot of skill.
- When it comes to using the mayhem mode, players should mainly keep it for whenever they are in trouble, and it is best kept to take out opponents that are in a hazard in front of you.
Now, when it comes to his weapons, he is equipped with a total of 4 weapons that players can choose from, which are listed as follows.
First things first, we have the SG-09 R, which is a handgun that has been cater made for Leon himself. It is unlocked by Default.
|Rate Of Fire||1|
He also has upgrades that are listed below alongside its overall costs.
|Rate Of Fire||1||-||1.1||7000||1.19||9000||1.33||14000||1.52||18000|
Another weapon that Leon has is essentially the Riot Gun which is a shotgun and has the shotgun ammo type. The stats of it are listed below as follows.
|Rate Of Fire||0.75|
Other than that, it has five main upgrades that are listed as follows, and the weapon ends up being maxed out at level 5.
|Rate Of Fire||0.75||-||0.8||10000||0.88||11000||0.98||12000||0.98||13000|
Other than that, the Stingray is also one of Leon’s weapons, and it is considered to be an Assault rifle, and it uses the rifle ammo. Players can buy it from the Merchant after completing Chapter 7 and progressing further.
|Rate Of Fire||0.73|
When it comes to upgrades, players are able to have their overall Power, Ammo Capacity, Reload Speed, and Rate of Fire upgrades and max it out whenever they reach level 5.
|Rate Of Fire||0.73||-||0.77||15000||0.81||18000||0.86||25000||0.92||30000|
Other than that, for melee combat, Leon will also use a basic knife, which has the below-listed stats.
Moving on, the next character that players can get is Luis, and the main way that players can unlock him is through the RE4 Remake Mercenaries Unlock.
- Luis is not considered to be the best unit out there since he has an overall lower rating as compared to Leon and other units out there.
- Players can get to know his Mayhem Mode insanely easily since players can plant the dynamite, and it can bomb out opponents pretty easily.
- Though, that being said, when it comes to attempting to take out opponents whenever you are close to them, Luis lacks power here. He is not able to carry out close combat well at all.
- This makes him vulnerable to attacks from the enemy’s ends, and he lacks the proper weaponry that characters like Leon might have that is needed to take out enemies that are in hoards.
- He has a total of three weapons, with those being the Red9, SR M1903, as well as the Boot knife, but he also comes with a flash grenade and first aid sprays too.
when it comes to his weapons, players can see the options such as Red9, the Boot Knife, or even the SR M1903.
The Red9 is one of the only handguns that Luis will have, and it is equipped with Handgun ammo. Below listed are its overall base stats.
|Rate Of Fire||0.90|
As far as the upgrades are concerned, since it is a ranged weapon, players will have the typical power, Ammo capacity, reload speed, and rate of fire upgrades.
|Rate Of Fire||0.9||-||0.96||7000||1.05||10000||1.16||14000||1.26||19000|
Moving on, one of the next weapons that we would like to take a look at is the SR M1903, which is essentially a Sniper Rifle that Luis can use, and it uses the Rifle Ammo.
|Rate Of Fire||0.42|
The upgrades provided for the SR M1903 are listed as being used for its overall power, Ammo capacity, reload speed as well as the rate of fire.
|Rate Of Fire||0.42||-||0.45||10000||0.48||12000||0.51||14000||0.53||16000|
Players will also be able to get their hands on the Boot Knife, which is going to be used for the melee combat that takes place in the arenas.
Another character that players can get is Krauser, unlocked after players can get an A rank while playing as Luis in the RE4 Remake Mercenaries Unlock.
- Krauser is an excellent character that can annihilate opponents and take control of all three stages that are made available, including the Village, Castle, and Island.
- He is an excellent all-rounder unit here.
- Krauser is known to have absolutely excellent knife combos that can outdo any other mercenaries that players play as.
- Players can also use his excellent Mayhem Ability since it can take out enemies easily.
There are a total of 3weapons that players can go for, such as the EJF-338 Compound Bow, a fighting knife, and TMP.
- The Compound Bow has been made specifically for Krasuer and can be used well.
The Fighting Knife is made custom for Krausera, and Krauser can annihilate any opponent in hand and in front of you. Its stats are listed below.
When it comes to its upgrades, players can upgrade its overall power and durability, and they can max it out to level 5.
Last, but not least, the TMP is an SMG, and it uses Submachine Gun Ammo. Its stats are listed below,
|Rate Of Fire||2.50|
When talking about its upgrades, other than its rate of fire, players can upgrade its power, ammo capacity, as well as it overall reloads speed.
Last but not least, another character that players can play is Hunk.
- Players will only be able to unlock Hunk as long as they can clear and gain at least an A ranking after playing as Krauser in the RE4 Remake Mercenaries Unlock mode.
- He is known to be a pretty solid unit and can be useful in all three stages provided to the players.
- While he is in mayhem mode, players can use his unlimited ammo, which makes him undefeatable since he can murder enemy after enemy that is present in front of him.
- When it comes to his melee capabilities, he can once again take on opponents and murder opponents like the Brute.
- The two main weapons that will support him will be the LE5 and the Boot Knife, but he will also have 3 hand grenades and one first aid spray.
Now that we’ve covered the characters and weapons, let’s talk about the stages and how many there might be in the RE4 Remake Mercenaries Unlock mode.
The village is the first stage that players will encounter whenever they enter the mercenaries mode, and it will be unlocked automatically.
- When it comes to getting scores, players need to get 0 to get a C rank, 50000 for a B, 100000 for an A, 200000 for an S, 500000 for an S+, and a whopping one million points to get an S++ rank.
To encounter the elite enemies in this stage, players need to do the following.
- Upon clearing a total of 25 opponents, players can encounter the Brute enemy.
- Upon eradicating the 50 opponent count, players will be able to encounter the Chainsaw man.
- Other than that, if players want to murder the Chainsaw Sisters, they need to kill at least 90 enemies.
- Apart from that, characters like Hunk and Krauser might be your best option for a stage like this.
The next stage players will need to go to in the Mercenaries mode is the Castle, which is the second stage.
- After murdering 20 opponents, players can encounter the Zealots.
- After 50 enemies have been annihilated, the Garrador can appear.
- After 100 are murdered, the Armored Garradors appear.
Last but not least, the final stage in the mercenaries mode will be the Island.
- After annihilating 20 opponents, the Brute (Crossbow) appears.
- After murdering 70 opponents, the Brutes (fist) appear.
- After 100 opponents have been murdered, the Hammer brutes appear.
Tips And Tricks
Last but not least, players can try out a few tips and tricks whenever they are in the Mercenaries mode, which can help them get through it a bit easier.
- Anytime players activate their special abilities, it grants them special properties which can help them in combat.
- Anytime the special ability has been activated, players can become invulnerable temporarily.
- Other than that, players are also able to cause opponents that are nearby to get staggered.
- One thing that players can take to their advantage is that whenever an opponent is about to carry out their attack, players can activate their special ability, which sometimes cancels the attack animation, or it can give you enough time to take a breather and plan your next move.
- Just like that, if an enemy is grabbing you and holding you tight, and your special ability is charged, you’ll be able to grip out of it.
- When it comes to using Luis’ dynamites, players would have to typically wait for a little bit before the bomb explodes, but shooting at it makes the entire process go by much faster.
- Other than that, players should learn the bosses‘ attack patterns to know what to look out for.
- Getting time bonuses is extremely crucial.
And there we have it! All that players need to know about the RE4 Remake Mercenaries Unlock, and with that, we will wrap up our guide! If you’ve been trying to get your hands on all the Vipers, then you should check out our Resident Evil 4 Remake Viper Locations guide, which covers them all! On a rather cuter note, the Cat Ears are one of the cutest accessories that players can get in-game, and you can know how to get it by reading our Resident Evil 4 Remake Cat Ears.
Apart from this, if you’ve been stuck on the Hexagon Puzzle, then you can skim through our Resident Evil 4 Remake Hexagon Puzzle guide!
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Get Back To Church
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Lunker Bass
- Infinite Rocket Launcher Resident Evil 4 Remake
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Best Charms
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍