Today’s guide will look at how to unlock Rex in Risk Of Rain 2. In July 2019, Risk Of Rain 2 dropped some new updates with brand new playable survivors, one of which was Rex. He is tons of fun to play with, and he is quite unique character in Risk of Rain 2. Rex is a half-robot and half-plant playable character and has a distinctive playstyle. The robot has many abilities that are fun, and at the same time, feel more collateral damage as well. Read our Risk of Rain 2 Rex character’s guide and learn the robot’s secrets, moves, abilities, and skills.
- You are provided with different Characters in Risk of Rain 2; one of them is Rex.
- Rex can be unlocked with any character except for Acrid and MUL-T, or a single-player and multiplayer mode can also help unlock Rex.
- But Completing the Power Plant Challenge is the most efficient way to unlock Rex in the game.
- Carry Fuel Array with you, which you’ll find in Escape Pod; get to the Abyssal Depth, and try not to die. Because if your health gets lower than 50%, you’ll not be able to complete the challenge.
- Get to the second top highest Abyssal depth platform with the use of Geyser, a jumping pad. You’ll find Rex there; fix him with the Fuel Array.
Risk of Rain 2 Unlocking Rex
Unlocking survivors in Risk of Rain 2 is always challenging, and getting Rex as a playable survive will demand practice, precision, and a little bit of luck. You can unlock Rex by completing the challenge Power Plant in Abyssal Depths. But there are some things that you should keep in mind while trying to complete the Power Plant challenge. Before proceeding towards the unlocking process, there are two points you should keep in mind.
- Firstly, It’s worth mentioning that you can unlock Rex with all the Playable Characters except for MUL-T and Acrid.
- Lastly, you can unlock Rex in single-player and multiplayer mode (there is false information on the Internet that Rex is only unlockable in single-player mode). But in the party, only the player who completes the Power Plant challenge will get Rex as a playable character.
Step 1 – Acquiring the Escape Pod’s Fuel Array
To unlock Rex in Risk of Rain 2, you need to repair the broken Rex with the Escape Pod’s Fuel Array. Getting the Escape Pod’s Fuel Array is easy and not that difficult. When you land and get out of the Escape Pod, make a 180 Degree turn. Now at the backside of the Pod, look for the loose panel and press the interaction button (multiple times if needed) to get the Fuel Array. On the subject of unlocking survivors, beating the final boss of the game will unlock Captain in Risk of Rain 2.
Step 2 – Getting To Abyssal Depths
Once you acquire the Fuel Array from the Escape Pod, the real struggle begins. Now you have to reach the Abyssal Depths, the final stage in Risk of Rain 2, where you will find and unlock Rex. But the tricky part is, you can’t get your health lower than 50%. Otherwise, the Fuel Array is going to explode and kill you. Compared to the unlocking process of the Engineer, carrying the Fuel Array from start to the point where you see Rex is an immense challenge.
You have to be extra careful handling the enemies and boss fights when carrying it. On top of that, the Fuel Array will take up your equipment slot, and you won’t be able to use the abilities that you would have been able to normally with any items in the equipment slot.
However, one thing you can do to avoid any mishaps is to put the Fuel Array somewhere safe when you are completing a stage. For example, keep the Fuel Array somewhere before a boss fight since there is a great chance that your health will fall below 50% with bosses.
But when the portal to the next stage opens, you absolutely need to pick the Fuel Array before entering the next stage. Otherwise, you will have to repeat the process all over. That is why most players just play with Commando and Huntress to master Risk of Rain 2 mechanics before trying to unlock Rex in the game.
Step 3 – Finding and Repairing Rex
Once you have reached the Final Stage, the Abyssal Depths in Risk of Rain 2, you need to find Rex to unlock him. You can find him at one of the highest platforms in the Abyssal Depths. To be exact, he is at the second-highest platform there. To reach there, use the Geyser (jumping pad) right on the platform in front of where you start the stage to get on the top platform.
Related: Risk of Rain 2 Mercenary
Look for the second-highest platform on the left side from the top, then jump there. Here look at the edge, where you will find Rex broken. Take the Fuel Array to him and then interact to fix him. Once you do that, you have successfully acquired Rex as a playable character in Risk of Rain 2.
So these are all the steps you need to follow in order to unlock Rex. As mentioned, Rex is an amazingly fun character to play, so it’s definitely a must to unlock him. The steps above are pretty straightforward and easy to follow but if you missed any, here is a quick overview of all the steps to unlock Rex in Risk of Rain 2.
- Get the Fuel Array from the backside of the Escape Pod.
- Reach the last stage, Abyssal Depths with the Fuel Array without losing the health below 50%
- Lastly, give the Fuel Array to Rex, located at the second-highest platform in Abyssal Depths.
That does it for this guide. If you found this guide helpful, let us know below in the comments section.
Next: Risk of Rain 2 Artificer
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍