In case one wanted to decorate their home in Sons of the Forest with their trusty armor or use it as a scarecrow outside their house, then one must know how to build a Mannequin. It is not only designed to make your armor look good but also allows you to clear your inventory and make space for more armor sets in Sons Of The Forest; thus, knowing how to build one is paramount for both survival and decoration.
How To Build A MannequinBuilding a Mannequin is incredibly simple and straightforward. Players only need to obtain the items listed below.
- 20 Sticks
- 5 Ducktape
While obtaining sticks is incredibly easy as they can be found lying on the ground in an abundance throughout the map, it is the ducktape that can be pretty tough to find in certain playthroughs. In case you have trouble obtaining any other item in the game, then do consider reading our Sons of The Forest: Items List guide.
Since the game spawns the ducktape randomly, in case you experience the same RNG as us and are unable to obtain the adequate amount of ducktape with ease, then here are a few farming tips for you.
- The very first place where you should go for some ducktape is the helicopter crash site. In case you didn’t open all the red or yellow boxes scattered about in the crash site, then there is a good chance that you can find at least 3 Ducktapes from this location.
- Aside from the crash site, players can also occasionally find ducktape at the entrance of some of the caves and cannibal camps.
- Ducktape is also often found on beaches; the beaches available in the northern part of the map are the best places to start with.
Mannequin Not Working As IntendedMany players have reported that while they are able to build a Mannequin, they are unable to actually put any armor on it. Thus making the Mannequin basically useless. There is, unfortunately no known fix for this bug right now, so if you are facing this bug, then be patient and only hope for the best.
At the time of writing this article, the next update for Sons of the Forest is scheduled after 8 days, so we can only hope that this bug is addressed and fixed then. Until then, consider familiarizing yourself with every type of enemy in the game by reading our Sons Of The Forest Cannibal guide.
That neatly concludes our guide on what is the Mannequin in Sons Of The Forest, and all the resources required to build one. The game offers a brutal experience for fans of the survival genre, especially if you are playing on a higher difficulty. Survival is simply not guaranteed, so if you wish to keep the odds of survival in your favor then do consider reading our All Special Weapons in Sons Of the Forest guide.
But that’s all from us, and the game is available now on PC. It is still in early access so more items are expected to be added as more updates roll out. In case you know of a better way to trick the RNG and get more ducktape then do let us know about it in the comment section below.
- Sons Of The Forest: How To Get Tactical Axe
- Sons Of The Forest Virginia’s Leather Suit Location
- Sons Of The Forest Puffton Family Mini Boss Guide
- Sons Of The Forest: How To Get Binoculars
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍