It can be really useful to know where the save files of a game are located in case of an accidental data loss or system malfunction. Here is everything you need to know about the save location in Sons Of The Forest.
Save Location In Sons Of The Forest
Since Sons Of The Forest heavily revolves around the multiplayer aspect of its gameplay, it is vital that you know where your save files are in case of any data loss. The game is still in early access, and there are no in-game means to copy your save file. This can be very annoying in case you encounter a bug and lose your progress or your save file gets corrupted in case of a PC failure.
Here are all the steps that you need to take in order to reach the Sons Of The Forest save location.
- Navigate to the following directory on your computer:
Keep in mind that the folder named [Username] will be different for everyone as it will have the username of your own PC.
- There is a chance that you might see more than one folder named after a string of numbers once you are in the Saves Folder. This is due to the multiple save files you have in your game. You can easily navigate to the saved file you want by identifying the time and date on that particular folder. Click on the folder for the save that you want and follow along.
- Once you are in the Saves Folder, you will see two more folders. These folders will be for the single-player and multiplayer modes, respectively. The process for both of these modes is more or less the same. But for the sake of this guide, we will be showing you how to get to the multiplayer save files, since they are of more concern.
- Copy the entire contents of the Multiplayer folders and paste them into another folder on your disk. You have now successfully created a backup of your multiplayer save files in Sons Of The Forest.
Sharing The Save Files
There are a few things you can do with the files that you have just saved. The obvious thing to do is of course, to have them in case of a data loss or failure. This way, you can rest assured that your progress won’t be reset, and you will not have to go through the tedious parts of the game again. Another thing you can do is you can share them with your friends.
By sharing your saved file with your friends, you can have them match your progress in the game, and they will not have to grind for hours to catch up with you. Your inventories and progress will be matched up once they replace their saved files with the ones you sent them. Here is everything you need to do in order to accomplish that:
- Navigate to the folder that you have just saved and look out for two specific files. These are the only ones that we are interested in replicating, as they are the only files relevant to us. These are PlayerInventorySaveData.json and PlayerStateSaveData.json files. Copy both of these files.
- Once you have copied these files, you can share them with your friends over your preferred medium. We recommend using Discord or Slack since small files like these are easy to share over these platforms.
- Make sure that your friend is a part of the multiplayer world that you are hosting. They should save their game and exit your world. This will make it so that they have created their default save files for your world.
- After saving their game and exiting, have them navigate to the same location i.e.:
And have them paste the files that you sent them into the Multiplayer folder.
And that is all that you need to do. The next time that they load into the game, they will have copied your progress and inventory, and you don’t have to worry about them lagging in progress.
According to a recent post in the Sons Of The Forest subreddit, players seem to be facing some issues with their save files. This is why it is best that you create a backup of your saved files so that you can avoid these situations. We have entailed all there is to know about the save location in Sons Of The Forest and hope that it helped you.
While you are here, be sure to check out our guide on All Achievements And How To Unlock in case you are wondering about all the achievements in the game. If you are interested in getting Tech Armor, then check out our guide on How To Get Tech Armor. If you want to learn more about all the best armor in the game, then look no further than our guide on BEST Armor Sets In Sons Of the Forest.
Was this guide helpful? Let us know in the comments below!
- Sons of The Forest: How To Get Firefighter Axe
- Sons Of The Forest: All Special Weapons Location
- Sons Of The Forest Endings Explained
- How to recruit Virginia in Sons Of The Forest
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍