With its fair share of bugs as early access, Sons of the Forest has a notable glitch that acts more like a quality-of-life feature – duplicating items an infinite number of times. A decent chunk of the community has already picked up this bug along with discovering several ways to recreate it. So why chop down a whole forest for a few logs when the game can automatically give you hundreds more?
- You can use a duplicate glitch to replicate logs, loot, and your Inventory in Sons of the Forest.
- It’s possible to duplicate loot and logs in both Singleplayer and Multiplayer. However, you can only replicate an Inventory in the latter mode.
- By saving, quitting, and rejoining your game immediately after looting an area, you can duplicate the loot you’ve just taken by recollecting it from that area.
- You can spawn an infinite number of logs with 3 methods – using a blueprint, raising the log with a stick, or stacking a few Three-Quarter logs side-by-side.
- For your inventory, place your items on a shelf and rejoin the server to create copies of those items on both the shelf as well as your inventory.
- You can duplicate these items as many times as you like by repeating their respective processes.
- It’s also worth noting that you can’t use this glitch to duplicate key items like Keycards or Special Weapons.
Ways To Recreate The Duplication Glitch
There are several tricks you can attempt to trigger this glitch. While they’re limited to specific scenarios and items, some duplicate tactics are much easier and more efficient than others. These tricks are mainly available in both Solo and Co-op modes, but there are a few exceptions.
Duplicating Newly Found Items
- Works in Solo and Co-op Mode
If you’ve stumbled across some decent loot when exploring, you can duplicate it several times and stache it in bulk in your inventory. The best way to use this exploit is by first going to a location with tons of resources lying around. You can find these locations in the form of abandoned campsites, vehicles, and cave systems, as these areas have mass amounts of items to pillage.
Once you do come across such an area, here’s what you need to do:
- Loot the entire area and fill up your Inventory.
- Set up a Tarp next to you and save your game by holding the ‘E’ key next to it.
- After saving your progress, immediately exit the game and rejoin.
- Once rejoined, you’ll find the same items you just collected still out in the open world and ready to collect.
- Now, simply pick up the items and add them as duplicates and repeat the process as often as you like.
Of course, you can also recreate this exploit with your friends in Co-op mode as a host. As a host, you need to do this exact process, ask all your friends to leave the server and then leave yourself, rejoin, and invite your friends back. And voila! You’ve just triggered the duplicate glitch in Sons of the Forest’s multiplayer!
Although this exploit is easy to pull off, there are a few drawbacks that come with it. Firstly, the items you can duplicate are limited to whatever’s available in the area. For example, you can’t duplicate a Turtle Shell if there’s none available in the area.
How Does It Work?
The way this exploit exists is that your world in Sons of the Forest doesn’t track the number of items you’ve picked up from the environment. This means that when you save and exit your world and rejoin, the game will replenish your previously discovered loot to its default quantity.
In other words, Sons of the Forest doesn’t update the status of an item after you picked up, so it still recognizes that item as being untouched on the ground even after you’ve caught it and saved your progress. So this can be intentionally and even accidentally exploited to loot hotspots and campsites repeatedly.
- All methods work in Solo and Co-op Mode
Logs are by far the most common resource in making home-based items and structures like Cabins, Tree Houses, Doors, and many more. Getting them, however, is a complete chore as you go up to the trees, chop them down, and carry them back two at a time. This process gets repetitive, boring, and lengthy very quickly.
As such, a trusty duplicate exploit can help you save a lot of time, energy, and frustration. Furthermore, there are 3 possible glitches to duplicate logs an infinite number of times in Sons of the Forest. And unlike the previous duplication trick, you can trigger these ones anywhere.
The first thing you need to do is open your crafting book using the ‘B’ key. Make sure you have the book in your left hand by Switching Modes which will let you craft houses and cabins. After that, go to the ‘Shelter’ section, select the Small Log Cabin, and place it anywhere you like.
Once you’ve put the Cabin’s blueprint down, approach any one of the corners of this blueprint. Stand next to the corner and keep a close eye on that prompt next to the blueprint that tells you to place the logs. Now, look up toward the intersection of the roof and steadily move back.
As you move backward, the log-placing prompt will eventually disappear, which is your queue to stop. Now, while still looking up, press and hold ‘C’ to automatically spawn in logs individually. After you’ve spawned a log, you can now repeat this process as many times as you like from where you’re standing.
There is a small problem with this method, though. As you spawn more and more logs, they’ll keep cluttering up in a small area above your head. Since the game views them as in a “falling” state, they’ll damage you as well as your partner. Apart from that, this cluttering will also push you off that duplicating spot, and you won’t be able to duplicate more logs.
The easiest way to solve this problem is just to reposition yourself to another corner of the blueprint and spam the exploit from there. You could also just pick and throw them away from you, so you don’t get buried under a bunch of logs.
This method is equally common and has the same success rate as the previous one but is a little slower. Just like the last one, this glitch will also work in multiplayer, so both you and your friends can do this trick to duplicate logs simultaneously.
Here’s how it works:
- First, pick up a log, carry it to an open area, and lay it flat on the ground.
- Now, grab a stick and place it vertically with the log to make it sit upright from one of the corners.
- Once the log is sitting at a tilted angle, take a few steps and now walk right into the log from where you placed the stick.
- The log will tip and fall off the stick and automatically spawn another log as well.
So as you can see, this is another super simple and common exploit, but it, of course, has its shortcomings. Although it’s much safer than the last method, It’s a slower alternative since you can only spawn a single extra log at a time. It’s also very repetitive since you need to pick up the log and place it on the ground again after each attempt.
This method is perhaps the fastest and safest log-duplicating exploits on this list, but it comes with a major flaw. So if you want to test your luck as well as another duplicating tactic, follow this procedure:
- Take 5 full logs and chop them up into Three-Quarter Logs with your axe.
- After that, place them side-by-side in an upright position.
- Once you’ve stacked up all 5 of these logs, grab another full-sized log and place it next to the others.
- Now when you place this log down, it’ll instead spawn another log instead, and you can spawn as many as you like by stacking up that same full-sized log with the other 5 Three-Quarter logs.
This method, however, has a much lower success rate compared to the previous 2. In fact, sometimes this trick will just prevent you from placing your original log on the ground on top of failing to give any additional logs. So it might either be the most effective or the most ineffective log duplication exploit.
Duplicating Inventory Items
- Only works in Co-op mode for a non-host
Now we can move onto a more unique but restrictive exploit in Sons of the Forest. This glitch will let you duplicate a certain amount of items in your inventory, but with certain limitations. You can do this in co-op when you’re not the host. Otherwise, it won’t work.
This method involves putting your valuable items on a Shelf as a storage unit on a friend’s server. After placing the items, leave the server right after and rejoin. Once you’ve rejoined, you’ll find the items you initially placed both on the shelf as well as in your inventory. And with that, you’ve effectively replicated your inventory items in Sons of the Forest!
How To Make And Utilize A Shelf?
Open your Crafting Book and head on over to the ‘Storage’ section. On the last page of this section, you’ll find the recipe for a Shelf along with its ingredients – 3 Half-Planks and 2 Three-Quarter Planks. Select the Shelf and place its blueprint wherever you like, and after that, you can search or spawn the logs and install them on the blueprint.
Once you’ve made the Shelf, interact with it by holding the ‘E’ key and then right-click on any item you want to store. While storing the items, you can cycle through them using your ‘Q’ and ‘R’ keys. You can store up to 12 item types on a single shelf, so use your storage wisely!
That wraps up our guide on how you can use various duplicate glitches in Sons of the Forest. Now you won’t have to use a cheat table, console command, or force poor Kelvin to get a few extra items when you can spawn a boatload yourself. So try out these exploits as soon as you can before the developers patch them up!
With that being said, you can now use your infinite logs to build your home sweet home on one of the 6 Best Base Locations in Sons of the Forest. If you purely want to focus on progression instead, consider reading our guide on All the Achievements and How To Unlock Them in Sons of the Forest. And to make your journey more convenient, here are the Top 21 Tips and Tricks in Sons of the Forest.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍