Surgical Strike is one of the most important missions that you can complete to increase your XP in Starfield. The mission is done with the Freestyle Rangers, and you will have to track down Maya Cruz to complete the quest. Before starting the mission, it is important to have powerful weapons and a companion if you want to navigate around easily.
How To Complete Surgical Strike Mission In Starfield
Surgical Strike is one of the most important missions in Starfield, where your main objective is to find Maya Cruz and obtain the encrypted slate from her.
You will be able to access the mission after completing the Freestar Collective side mission called Shadows In Neon.
Before starting the mission, you will have to talk to a thief who has stolen a Hope Tech Starship. After that, you will get to learn about the objectives of the mission and the First Cavalry Mercenaries in Starfield.
Visiting The Clinic
- The first objective in the Starfield surgical strike mission walkthrough is to find the clinic and talk to Ben Armistead.
- You will have to complete Shadows In Neon first, and after that, you will be required to go to the clinic and look for Maya Cruz.
- The clinic is located in the Narion Star System.
- The clinic will be in a star station, and your quest marker will point toward it.
- After successfully reaching the clinic, locate the office (on the right side of the reception)
- Once there interact with a Ranger called Ben Armistead.
- After speaking to him, he will ask you to see the operations manager of the clinic, Ari Miller.
Speaking To Ari Miller
After speaking to Ari, you will have to follow him to a terminal located in the area. Now, Ari will search the database on the computer to look for patient records.
Next, you will learn there is no patient named Maya Cruz in the clinic.
- Moreover, the search will also suggest that Maya Cruz might be using an alias.
- Now, Ari will tell you that there are two patients called Candace Doolin and Jane Nakamori who match the description of Maya Cruz.
- Here, you will be given the option to use your Security Skills or question patients.
- If you have already unlocked the security skill, then you will unlock an exclusive dialogue option where you will have to go to the Ranger Station Terminal.
First, you have to go to the Freestar Rangers terminal in Starfield. In order to do that, you will have to locate Ranger Armistead’s office first.
- You have to keep to the wall on your left side, and soon, you will reach a terminal that you need to interact with.
- Now, you have to select Admin Access and then Active Processes.
- Lastly, you have to click on the button called Query: Disruptor MK4.
- As soon as you do so, you will learn that the disruptor M4 is actually an application that was installed by a person in the VIP wing called Catalina P. Rivera.
- Additionally, you will also be required to go to the VIP wing, and for that, you will have to gain access.
- Now you need to speak to Ari again, and he will tell you that access to the VIP wing is limited, and to enter it, you need to get a key card or convince a doctor called Titus Cassidy to give you entry to the VIP section.
Questioning The Patients
In case you don’t have the Security Skill unlocked, you can choose the second option, which is to interrogate the patients called Jane Nakamori and Candace Doolin.
The first patient you have to interrogate is called Jane Nakamori, and you will first receive the dialogue option, where you will have to persuade her.
- After persuading her, you will be able to learn about her criminal record, and there will be 3 outcomes of the interrogation.
- If you manage to successfully persuade Jane, you will get the option to learn about the stolen data.
- However, it is clear that she is not Maya Cruz, so you have to move on to interrogating Candace Doolin.
While Jane Nakamori had plenty of interrogation options and outcomes, Candace Doolin did not. To find her, you have to exit Nakamori’s room and go left.
- After passing two doors and a vending machine, you will come across her room.
- She does not have any potential information for you to learn about, and she is definitely not Maya Cruz.
- Hence, go back and talk to Ari again, and he will tell you that there is another suspect in the clinic called Catalina Rivera.
- To go to her, you have to gain access to the VIP wing.
Accessing The VIP Section
There are two ways by which you can gain access to the VIP wing. First, you can try persuading Dr. Titus Cassidy to let you in.
The next method involves stealing a key card to get inside. In order to find Dr. Cassidy, you have to go back to the clinic’s entrance and make your way to the left side down the hall.
- Soon, you will come across the staff area, where you will be able to interact with Doctor Cassidy.
- If he’s not there you can look for him in a storage room or the kitchen area.
- Additionally, you will have to persuade Doctor Cassidy if you want to get access to the VIP wing.
Persuading Dr. Cassidy
Now, you have to persuade Dr. Cassidy in order to gain access to the VIP wing. If you already have the Medicine Skill unlocked, you will get an additional dialogue option as well.
In case you manage to convince Doctor Cassidy, you will get access to the VIP wing. Otherwise, you will have to steal the key card.
There are two key cards that you can steal, and the first one is obtained from Doctor Cassidy himself.
Stealing The Key Card
I would recommend stealing the other key card, which can be found in the safe of Doctor Cassidy’s office. You will have to use your Digipick on the novice-level safe.
- In case you don’t have it in your inventory yet, you need to search for a sofa in Doctor Cassidy’s office.
- Make sure to avoid detection while stealing the key card.
- If you want to steal the key card that Doctor Cassidy has, you need to unlock the theft skill first, after which you can pickpocket him.
Searching For Clues
Now that you finally have the key card, you need to go back to the clinic and access the VIP section. Make sure to destroy the turret before going toward the docking port. You need to search for clues next in the Starfield Surgical Strike mission walkthrough.
- After searching you can find a slate that will inform you that Maya Cruz has gone to her hideout.
- The hideout is located in Sakharov in an old asteroid mine, and for the second clue, you will have to go towards the computer in that area.
- Now, you need to perform a series of steps to unlock the second clue.
- First, you have to click on Command Override Mode and then select the Disable Program.
- Next, click on the Patient Terminal, and after that, select the Terminal Access Logs.
- Check out the first log called C. Rivera guest to complete the Search for Clues objective in the Starfield Surgical Strike mission walkthrough.
Going To Sakharov
Now, you need to use your Starship and Star map to go towards the Sakharov Star System located in the southwestern corner of the Narion System.
Now, you need to go towards an asteroid mine called Eklund Sight CL 25, located on the northern side of Sakharov.
Investigating The Mine
As soon as you enter the mine, you will have to look for a door to get access.
After looting the rooms, including the security room, you need to go towards the staircase located on the right side.
- On the first floor make sure to avoid the land mines and kill the Shard Hoppers on your way.
- Next, you have to destroy a wall and kill a few more enemies before you come across another door where you have to use a Digipick.
- Soon, you will come across another area where you have to destroy a turret and kill some more Shard Hoppers.
- After that, you will be able to access a research lab before looting the area.
- Keep working forward until you reach a crystal and come across a doorway.
- On the way ahead, there will be a bunch of enemies for you to defeat, so make sure that you have your weapons loaded and healthy.
Finding Maya Cruz
You will have to destroy another wall after defeating all the enemies to reach Maya Cruz. After you have defeated her, Maya will refuse to give you any information, and you will have to make a decision at this point.
You can either spare her life or kill her. Either way, you will get an encrypted slate as well as some loot. Now, you need to go to the elevator ahead and find Alex Shadid.
Finding Alex Shadid
Now, you have to go back to Akila City and make your way to the rock. After that, you need to give the encrypted slate to Alex Shadid, and you will successfully complete the Starfield Surgical Strike mission. After completing the mission, you will get 350 Exp and 5000 credits as a reward.
With this, I conclude my detailed guide on the Starfield Surgical Strike mission walkthrough. While you are at it, don’t forget to read the guide on Alternating Currents and Religions in Starfield. You can also check out the guide on money glitches in Starfield and how to use the script extender.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍