The Best There Is Starfield quest is one of the missions from the Crimson Fleet quest line and is already considered one of Starfield’s best missions by fans. Therefore, players interested in experiencing this quest must know how to unlock it and progress through it while hoping that they are not part of the unlucky group that has experienced The Best There Is Starfield quest-breaking bug.
How To Unlock “The Best There Is” Quest In StarfieldIn order to unlock The Best There Is quest, players would need to follow these steps.
- Players would first need to finish the Breaking The Bank quest, where they are required to gain access to the GalBank vault.
- Once you have completed the quest, return to The Key and go to where Jazz and Naeva are located.
- After speaking to Naeva, the quest will begin, and she will brief you on what your objective is and where you need to go.
In case you skipped through the conversation, you basically now have to go to New Atlantis to meet Huan Daiyu.
Meeting Huan DaiyuWhile conversing with Huan Daiyu at New Atlantis, she will basically tell you what her conditions are for this mission and then ask you to meet her at her ship called the Jade Suan.
Do keep in mind that once you board her ship, you won’t be able to come and go as you please for a while, so be sure that you are ready and take all the necessary precautions before starting the mission.
I have summarized the rest of the steps for better understanding.
- Once you have made the preparations, talk to Huan Daiyu on her ship- Jade Suan.
- Wait patiently until you have reached the SY-920.
- After the ship has been docked, talk to Huan Daiyu again, and she will tell you her last set of instructions for this mission.
- Now, you can go ahead and board the SY-920.
Obtaining A UniformOnce you have made it to the maintenance door, you will see that it is locked for obvious reasons, and here, players have the choice to talk to Huan on the intercom.
Now, players can do one of two things here:
- Digipick the maintenance door.
- Find a keycard to open it.
In case you are unable to digipick the door and are forced to find the keycard, then there is no need to worry as the keycard is close by.
- Players just need to go talk to the man named Elijah, who has lost his keycard.
- Talk to the guard leaning onto the forklift as the keycard is right behind him.
- Tell the guard that Elijah needs him.
- Once he moves, grab the keycard and be on your way.
Once you are through the Maintenance door, you will have the option to choose from three uniforms. You can choose whichever one you want. Just remember the name of whichever uniform you choose. Players also have the option to simply persuade the guards to let them through.
Obtaining Information On The ComspikeAfter obtaining the uniform, you now have to go to the Command Bay. Simply exit the maintenance tunnels, go back to the location from where you started, and just keep following the marker until you have reached the door of the Command Bay.
Once there, a guard will ask you why you are there. Simply answer, “I need to report to the Command Bay for duty,” and he will let you through.
Allow me to summarize the rest of the steps for better understanding:
- Keep following the marker until you have reached the elevator.
- Once you have used the elevator and reached the Command Bay, you can use your disguise to move around, go the full stealth route, or kill everyone with your guns.
- Whichever route you choose, you will still need to figure out how to get past the checkpoint that is up ahead.
- Players can either use maintenance tunnels to go around the checkpoint, or they can try and obtain the Clearance code to simply walk past the front door.
- Players can obtain the Clearance code from the security room, provided that they are successfully able to Digipick the Clearance Computer.
- In case you wish to access the maintenance tunnels, then you’ll need to look for a utility closet near the Operation Center. Head up the stairs to reach the maintenance tunnels.
- Once you are on the other side, head toward the Archives room and access the computer.
- Go into the Projects folder and access the “UCE-86 Comspike” folder.
- Open “Project Lead And Permission” to learn that the Comspike is in Engineering Bay 4 and select the “Upgrade Security Clearance” so you can actually access that area.
Convincing Dr. VogelWe are almost done with the Starfield mission- The Best There Is. After upgrading the Security Clearance, head straight to Engineering Bay 4. You also have the option to talk to Huan through the intercom. If you do, then you’ll be given the information that she has taken off but will stay in orbit for a while to make sure everything goes smoothly.
- Once you have reached the Research Labs, start conversing with Dr. Vogel in his office and tell him that you need the ComSpike.
- He will then answer that the ComSpike is attached to the ship and needs an experienced pilot. Here, you will have two choices.
- Betray Huan and take off with the Comspike by using the betrayal as a distraction.
- Persuade Dr. Vogel that you are one of the test pilots.
Persuading Dr.Vogel is definitely the better option and is what I would recommend doing. If successful, you will obtain the keycard and SY-920 Control Center Password. Players can also simply pickpocket these two things from Dr. Vogel. Once you have obtained this item, go to the locker room to get the pilot uniform and then equip it.
Escape The SY-920 With The ComSpikeNow, there is only one thing left to do in The Best There Is Quest of Starfield. Make your way to Docking Port 8 and begin the test flight. Players can either go through the main door or use the maintenance tunnel in the bathroom, next to the pilot uniform.
Once you have begun the test flight, your only objective is to escape and get back to The Key in one piece. Once you have made it back, speak with Huan Daiyu in The Last Nova, and The Best There Is Starfield mission will come to an end.
The Best There Is Quest Bug
Some players have reported experiencing a certain bug in the Starfield quest- The Best There Is, that is blocking them from progressing further, such as the Jade Suan ship being unable to grav jump or even Jade Suan being buried in the launch pad entirely, as highlighted in this post on Steam Forums.
Aside from hoping that Bethesda quickly addresses and patches these bugs, players have found a workaround for The Best There Is Starfield quest bug: to use Console Commands, as highlighted in this Reddit post. For the Best There Is mission alone, the command you need to use is “SetStage 0021d792 200“. The Console Command fix is only for PC players and will unfortunately not work on the Xbox.
And with that, my guide on the Starfield Quest -The Best There Is and how to fix its bug comes to an end. I hope my guide helped you out. Aside from the quest, consider reading the Red Tape Blues Quest, First Contact Quest, In Memoriam Quest, and the Surgical Strike quest guides as well, but that is all from me. Do let me know what you think about Starfield in the comment section below.
- Starfield: BEST Weapons And How To Unlock Them
- Starfield: BEST Ways To Level Up
- Starfield: BEST Exploits And Hacks
- Starfield: How To Find And Meet Your Parents
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍