- Baldur’s Gate 3 official Twitter account is urging players to give Scratch his ball back, as many have kept it in their inventories or put it inside some chest.
- Even though this isn’t a hidden mechanic, many people are unaware that they can play fetch with Scratch, the dog.
- Some players even reported attempting to play, but hitting the poor dog in the process, initiating combat and resulting in the death of the innocent canine.
- For those unaware, Scratch is an NPC you can find at the Blighted Village Camp. After a meticulous process, you can befriend and make him your furry companion.
A week after its release, Baldur’s Gate 3 official Twitter account urges players to give Scratch his ball back, surprising many players who didn’t know they could do that. Scratch is an NPC dog that players can find at Blighted Village Camp and even befriend after a certain process, but players seem to be unaware even though it is one of the achievements in the game.
Please remember to give Scratch his ball back after he gives it to you! How many of you are wandering around with it still in your items 😭 https://t.co/xhqvo7IiVd
— Baldur's Gate 3 (@baldursgate3) August 10, 2023
Scratch is a wholesome and tragic NPC that players may encounter in their journey. Similar to all things in the game, there are many things you can do with Scratch, one of which is playing fetch. Even though it isn’t a hidden mechanic, many are unaware you can throw the ball he gives you. It might be much more obvious to a dog person what Scratch wants you to do, but players seem more focused on other aspects.
I'm like 99% sure most people at Larian didn't even know this lol https://t.co/M4yYP7KDPf
— Very AFK (@Cromwelp) August 9, 2023
DansGaming pointed out this feature, and funnily enough, the director of publishing at Larian Studios stated, “I’m like 99% sure most people at Larian didn’t even know this lol.” It is shocking to see so many people oblivious of these features, especially since there is literally an achievement named “Play fetch with Scratch – the best boy in the Realms“.
It shows the vast possibilities lying within the realms of Baldur’s Gate 3. And while we are on that topic, one of the undesirable possibilities while attempting to play fetch with him can result in his death. If you throw the ball directly at him, it can cause him to become hostile towards you, leading to his death. But fret not, as even if you do end up killing him, you can always retrieve an older save file and continue.
We find it worth sharing because a shocking amount of players have already messed up this simple process. One user replied, “I…tried to play fetch with him once. The ball hit him, and he became hostile. Astarion then destroyed him.” For other players, Scratch seems to be tormenting them even after his death.
I killed Scratch by accident because I tried to throw a book on the ground and it hit him instead which initiated combat. Now every time I go to camp, his dead body is always there! Which kinda makes me feel like he’s tormenting me from heaven. I’m sorry Scratch,” says Señor Stiicky on Twitter.
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Is The Best-Selling Pre-Order On PlayStation Right Now
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Hotfix #2 Allows You To Give Gnome Sorcerers Their Underwear Back
- Baldur’s Gate 3 New Hotfix 2.1 Fixes A Rather Stingy Bug With Save Files
Baldur’s Gate 3 is an RPG developed and published by Larian Studios. It is the third game in the main series and was in early access for around 3 years. The game was finally released on Windows via Steam on August 3, 2023, and found massive success, becoming the highest-rated game on Metacritic within the first week of launch. The game will also be released on PlayStation 5 on September 6, 2023.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍