- Baldur’s Gate 3 is Larian Studios’ best work to date, having launched it on multiple systems.
- The RPG has just received a new hotfix that brings crash fixes and balance adjustments.
- Last week, the devs pushed out Hotfix #12 for the title in an attempt to better the RPG experience.
Larian Studios takes no prisoners it seems—the Belgium-based game developer is pushing out updates for its RPG right during the time of The Game Awards 2023. As such, the new Hotfix 13 for Baldur’s Gate 3 has now been released, and it comes with an array of crash-centric fixes, while also making an effort to get rid of an exploit that makes trading outright effortless.
We have another hotfix for you today, taking aim at a few crashes, bugs, and glitches. Traders across Faerûn have been coming to us, claiming that enterprising adventurers have been ‘pulling a fast one on them’ – we’ve had a word with their guild, and made them aware of your tricks. We continue to work on future hotfixes and updates taking care of issues already reported to us,” reads the post detailing the patch notes.
Particular issues that were previously reported by players, such as the bartering mechanic messing up, and a system crash upon leaving Act II, have now been tended to. Moreover, the patch notes confirm that performance improvements have headed toward Baldur’s Gate 3 as well, specifically for the Knights of the Shield questline. For reference, here are some of the other improvements that have arrived with Hotfix 13:
- Fixed an exploit that let you buy out a trader with only 1 gold and a container.
- Fixed the total price on tooltips within containers not updating when the contents change while trading.
- Fixed empty bags sold to vendors costing the equivalent of the items that were stored in that bag.
On a side note, X (previously Twitter) is having a blast with Larian Studios at the moment, with many praising the developer for showing their utmost dedication to the RPG, even in these fortuitous times for the game. For those not in the know, Baldur’s Gate 3 took home the Game of the Year award at TGA yesterday, while subsequently getting ported to Xbox Series X|S platforms as well.
No other company could ever manage dropping a hotfix WHILE TGA is going on, WHILE winning multiple awards 🐐
— Tim 🐙 FF7R (@Lucid_Shard) December 8, 2023
Related Content to Check Out:
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Receives Patch #5; Adds New Epilogue Scenes, And More
- Larian CEO Underestimated Baldur’s Gate 3 At The Golden Joystick Awards
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Is Averaging An Impressive 200,000 Players Months After Release
Although it has been available in early access since 2020, Baldur’s Gate 3 was fully released in August 2023, for PC initially, followed by a PlayStation 5 port on 6 September 2023. Yesterday during The Game Awards, the RPG got shadow-dropped for Xbox Series X|S as well. eXputer reviewed the RPG and rated it 5/5, with writer Huzaifah Durrani calling it “one of the greatest RPGs of all time.”
If you’re just getting started with the title, here’s our updated tier list of the best classes in Baldur’s Gate 3 to steer you in the right direction. While you’re at that, these 8 best Legendary items along with their locations should help you dramatically with taking down stronger foes.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍