- Eidos Montreal is rumored to be working on a new IP that features open-world, third-person platforming, and puzzle-solving.
- Job listings are available for a Level Designer, Lead World Level Designer, Performance Level Designer, Lead Level Designer, and Chapters Level Designer.
- The developer has previously worked on games like Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy.
Eidos Montreal—the famed developer behind Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy—is rumored to be working on a new IP that features open-world, third-person platforming, and puzzle-solving. Additionally, recent job listings have positions available for a Chapters Level Designer, Level Designer, Lead World Level Designer, Performance Level Designer, and Lead Level Designer which further hints at open-world designs.
According to the job listing, the “Chapters Level Designer” position prefers experience in level design layouts for complex combat encounters or layout design for third-person platforming/parkour traversals. As for the Level Designer role, responsibilities include developing 3D playgrounds and levels, integrating actors and scripted events, and designing 3D puzzles for gameplay balance, with a preference for experience in Puzzle Level Design.
Moreover, the Lead World Level Designer will collaborate closely with the development team to oversee and supervise the design and implementation of environmental story zones, puzzles, and storytelling activities. Also, the Performance Level Designer will handle performance moments in the game, including integrating narrative assets, scripted events, and exotic moments.
Other Content To Check Out:
- Lords Of The Fallen Patch v1.1.199 Adds Multiplayer & Gameplay Adjustments
- Gaming Industry Nears $350 Billion In Yearly Revenue, Says EA Executive
- With Xbox In Control Now, Activision’s Dead IPs Deserve A Revival, Starting Prototype
Despite the recent layoffs in the video game industry, it’s still nice to see that there are opportunities for future developers to follow their passion. Hopefully, more info will be revealed in the future as the roles needed for an open-world game will be fulfilled.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍