- Fortnite hits an all-time high active player count with over 5.8 million players.
- The battle royale game recently reintroduced the Chapter 1 map after years.
- Fortnite previously had an all-time peak of about 2.5 million, which happened in August 2023.
Fortnite just hit 5.8 million concurrent players, an all-time high for the massively popular battle royale game. Previously, Fortnite’s highest-ever active player count was 2.8 million back in August 2023. The battle royale game saw a surge in active player count right after the initiation of Fortnite’s new season, which brought back the original Chapter 1 map, invoking nostalgia.
According to the statistics from Fortnite.gg, about 3.1 million players out of a total of 5.8 million were playing the casual battle royale game mode. The second most popular game mode was the Zero Build mode, with about 862,000+ players active at once. The Ranked mode also contributed to the number with a peak of 833,000+ concurrent players.
- Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 4 Patch Notes v26.30 Brings Fortnitemares, New Content, And More
- The FTC Is Offering Refunds For Unwanted Fortnite Purchases
- Fortnite Could Finally Be Getting The Rumored Open World Mode, Job Listing Confirms
While the peak player count was a few hours ago, as of now, there are still over a million players playing the multiplayer battle royale concurrently. It appears that this surge in active player count will continue for a few days due to the return of the original Chapter 1 map. Many players have been returning to the game following the update.
Fortnite was developed by Epic Games and was released on July 21, 2017. Since then, Fortnite has been ported to a multitude of platforms. The game also won The Game Award for Best Multiplayer Game in 2018. eXputer did a recent review on Fortnite, rating it 4.5/5, and regarded it as a “near-perfect battle royale” game. If you’re also a Fortnite player, consider checking out our tier list of the best Fortnite weapons.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍