- Lords of the Fallen is one of the freshest Soulslikes to come out in 2023, sprinting just ahead of Lies of P — another highly promising Souls game — in terms of its global release.
- The title has launched to mixed reviews on multiple platforms, with many complaining about the performance issues that players are experiencing on different systems.
- In an effort to mitigate some of the persistent technical shortcomings in Lords of the Fallen, the devs have rolled out multiple updates in a short span of time, with the latest being v1.1.195.
Lords of the Fallen is a pretty promising game, with much untapped potential on display. Outside of the things that it gets right with the combat and the environment, the game is putting up trouble for players across different platforms, especially PC. To alleviate the situation, developer Hexworks is consistently rolling out new updates for the Soulslike to ensure smooth playability for all who are trying to play.
In doing so, the Lords of the Fallen devs have released two patches over the weekend, namely patch v.1.1.193 and v.1.1.195. The official blog post for the former reads, “A new patch is now available, thanks to our passionate and dedicated team, fully committed to enhancing your gaming experience,” and follows things up with a comprehensive list of the relevant patch notes.
A point worth noticing here is that the DLSS Frame Generation feature was pulled by the devs from the game in order to investigate the reported crashing issue associated with it. This was announced in patch 1.1.191 for the title. Therefore, users, including those who did not complain about any graphical or performance issues, could no longer enjoy amplified frame rates in Lords of the Fallen.
While the devs haven’t yet resolved the problem as a whole, they have incorporated a way for you to re-enable DLSS Frame Generation if your device is exempt from crashing or anything of the like. In simple words, head over to your game’s “Properties” section on Steam to find the option for incorporating “Launch Options.” Enter “-DLSSFG” in there and that should take care of the feature in question.
As for the next update, which is titled v.1.1.195, this one rolled out in the early hours of Monday, bringing a wealth of community-oriented changes to the title, including fixes for certain quests, areas, and actions that previously led to crashing. For starters, here’s a rundown of all the Balance changes made for Lords of the Fallen in the latest patch:
- After noticing that players were often disregarding status effect resistance rings and runes, we’ve decided to give them all a noticeable boost to make them more competitive with other types and incorporate them into some builds.
- Slightly increased the second hit damage for one-handed Grand Swords‘ forward heavies to match it with its slightly slower animation
Furthermore, the patch v.1.1.191 for Lords of the Fallen while highlighting the major causes of crashing also talked about some easy fixes that PC players can implement themselves to mitigate abrupt shutdowns. One of them is having up-to-date graphics drivers on your PC—something that is vital for games to run ideally.
Related Content to Read Up On:
- Lords Of The Fallen’s $250-Worth Collector’s Edition Giveaway Announced
- Lords Of The Fallen Does Not Include The Controversial Denuvo DRM, Confirm Devs
- Over 400 Developers Came Together To Work On Lords Of The Fallen
There’s also a performance troubleshooting guide from the side of the devs that goes into more detail about what you can try to make the title run better. In the meantime, please note that cross-platform play has been disabled for users across the board, so you won’t be able to play with your friends on other systems for the time being.
Lords of the Fallen was released for the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC on October 13, 2023. If you’re a new player who’s just getting started with the game’s unforgiving world, we highly recommend checking out our guide on the best class in Lords of the Fallen, so you know the strengths and weaknesses of each character early on.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍